MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

3 minutes ago, cchantry22 said:

Oh wow.. I'm genuinely sorry for all of you Alpha tribes on legacy servers, I know how much work goes into becoming alpha. However this probably did need to be done, there are way too many duped dinos and items on the legacy servers.

Duping on PVP yes, that needed to be addressed. I don't see the reason why PVE servers need to be wiped slowly.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mods keeping defensive with all power they have..

Sounds right.

Thing is you know well enough what we mean. That is the sad part. Yet you just think with the amount of arguments you give you can draw away attention from the fact that you:

1. Are forcing people to go to the new servers. Wich is ok for me, but you did say there would be legacy servers and only when servers after release would seem deserted, they would get wiped. Maybe you better did announce a wipe in stead of giving people hope by saying the servers they are on with a lot would stay. False hope creation

2. The things you listed in your arguments are things the community wanted. BUT ALSO what Wildcart wanted. They would not pick up the idea and implement this into Ark, if they would not agree with the fact it is an addition to their game, to their vision. Sorry but those arguments are invalid

3. Keep allowing exploiters and cheaters in this game. (I got warnings for reporting an exploit, and after that for posting a warning because you couldn't report , wich is fine rly lol , no power abusement there at all)

4. The community that you have now brought the game + Wildcart as far as they are now. Yet you seem to have no respect at all for these players . You just spit them out , by deleting servers with the most finest art of buildings on it.(798 for example around 24.3 - 50.1, but there are a bigger amount of them in this game) People gave all to accomplish bases like this. Yet they get flushed down the drain, while comforting them that there will be no wipe

5. Kibbles are a must, this game needs to be looking more to the player that actually works during the day. There must be a way for casual players to get to end gaming.... Even if it will take them 10x longer or whatever.

I hope this post will be looked at as not literally, but more as in understanding and willing to see the context, rather than replying with another series of arguments pulled out of their context and emotion.

My  5 cents for my beloved community

4 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

I honestly doubt you put any thoughts into your post and you're just affected by the repurpose of servers, since it makes no sense what you write.

I have a BBA and have operated several businesses since I was 20, and am currently running a business consulting firm ...LMAO

4 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

What they did is objectively one of the better decisions. It is better than wiping everyone and it is better than keeping all servers as they were. Better for them and better for the playerbase of ARK.

I would completely disagree.
Players that have decided to stay on legacy servers that are getting wiped only rec'd 3 days notice, and many will most likely quit. All the other legacy servers will be dead and done within 3 to 6 months without any support and aimbotters and dupers running around. 
The smarter decision would have been to give a 6 month notice for a complete wipe and post a proper explanation for the need of the wipe and a fresh start, because that is what they r essentially doing with legacy, a soft wipe by letting the servers die.  Players would complain but they would understand.
Players that are going to the new servers would not have minded the wipe, so no change in numbers there, then you would also have a lot fewer legacy players pissed off because 1) they received a long notice 2) they are in the same boat as everyone else instead of being left high and dry on old servers
As it stands, any players that have decided they would remain on legacy are probably pissed as hell right now, as seen by the comments / reviews WC is getting, and I dont blame them.

I have seen quite a few poor business moves by WC (poor customer support,  paid DLC then releasing a free map (Rag) that makes the DLC obsolete,  lack of communication,  lack of foresight and imbalanced content development , etc ...) that makes me believe they are just flying by the seat of their pants instead of having a proper plan.

19 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

People understand how you feel, however it isn't the way an Early Access game works.

You've completely missed the point. Wildcard took it upon itself to make those commitments which went beyond the traditional scope of Early Access game development. Nobody here had unreasonable expectations, nor was wildcard pressured into making those commitments. All we have expected was for Wildcard to keep their word. And its clear to anyone who objectively looks at it that wildcard flat out lied. Thats why three friends of mine have now canceled their pre-orders of the game. Why would they spend a dime with a company that treats its player base in such a manner? And to all those saying "they got your money, so you don't matter"... well the fact is they don't have my money for the two upcoming paid DLC which up until this week I would have definitely bought. But not anymore.

20 minutes ago, mogrot said:

Mods keeping defensive with all power they have..

Sounds right.

Thing is you know well enough what we mean. That is the sad part. Yet you just think with the amount of arguments you give you can draw away attention from the fact that you:

1. Are forcing people to go to the new servers. Wich is ok for me, but you did say there would be legacy servers and only when servers after release would seem deserted, they would get wiped. Maybe you better did announce a wipe in stead of giving people hope by saying the servers they are on with a lot would stay. False hope creation

2. The things you listed in your arguments are things the community wanted. BUT ALSO what Wildcart wanted. They would not pick up the idea and implement this into Ark, if they would not agree with the fact it is an addition to their game, to their vision. Sorry but those arguments are invalid

3. Keep allowing exploiters and cheaters in this game. (I got warnings for reporting an exploit, and after that for posting a warning because you couldn't report , wich is fine rly lol , no power abusement there at all)

4. The community that you have now brought the game + Wildcart as far as they are now. Yet you seem to have no respect at all for these players . You just spit them out , by deleting servers with the most finest art of buildings on it.(798 for example around 24.3 - 50.1, but there are a bigger amount of them in this game) People gave all to accomplish bases like this. Yet they get flushed down the drain, while comforting them that there will be no wipe

5. Kibbles are a must, this game needs to be looking more to the player that actually works during the day. There must be a way for casual players to get to end gaming.... Even if it will take them 10x longer or whatever.

I hope this post will be looked at as not literally, but more as in understanding and willing to see the context, rather than replying with another series of arguments pulled out of their context and emotion.

My  5 cents for my beloved community

So much number three, when the community gets punished for trying to point out flaws in the game.(The whole reason for this EA) GG wildcard

1 minute ago, Trikky said:

I have a BBA and have operated several businesses since I was 20, and am currently running a business consulting firm ...LMAO

Players that have decided to stay on legacy servers that are getting wiped only rec'd 3 days notice, and many will most likely quit. All the other legacy servers will be dead and done within 3 to 6 months without any support and aimbotters and dupers running around. 
The smarter decision would have been to give a 6 month notice for a complete wipe and post a proper explanation for the need of the wipe and a fresh start, because that is what they r essentially doing with legacy, a soft wipe by letting the servers die.  Players would complain but they would understand.
Players that are going to the new servers would not have minded the wipe, so no change in numbers there, then you would also have a lot fewer legacy players pissed off because 1) they received a long notice 2) they are in the same boat as everyone else instead of being left high and dry on old servers as they are now 

Double LMAO!

Yes, they really should have taken that route. Unfortunately, it's clear this team lacks anyone with any PR or Marketing experience. They're just some kids who happen to have had a good vision & the programming skills to make it happen. Pretty sure they're smart enough to learn as they go though.

Hopefully they stop shooting themselves in the foot eventually. Lol.

2 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Dude trust me, you're way overestimating the average gamer. 

The fact that you bought this game in early access is proof that you're way more involved then the majority.

Ask your average gamer if they've heard of Ark or Early Access and you'll usually get a "What's that, never heard of it"

These are the same people that make comments like "The New Xbox is gonna be more powerful than any computer ever made!"

?

You have no idea what you're talking about. Ark sold a million copies in its first month being available, and since then it has sold 9 million copies.

To put that into further context, there are only three games on the PS4 platform that have exceeded that many game sales.

7 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

You've completely missed the point. Wildcard took it upon itself to make those commitments which went beyond the traditional scope of Early Access game development. Nobody here had unreasonable expectations, nor was wildcard pressured into making those commitments. All we have expected was for Wildcard to keep their word. And its clear to anyone who objectively looks at it that wildcard flat out lied. Thats why three friends of mine have now canceled their pre-orders of the game. Why would they spend a dime with a company that treats its player base in such a manner? And to all those saying "they got your money, so you don't matter"... well the fact is they don't have my money for the two upcoming paid DLC which up until this week I would have definitely bought. But not anymore.

Ever met a teenager that lied to avoid conflict? How about one that over-promised and under delivered because they were passionate/excited about something?

That's what we're getting here, just a lack of experience. It's not coming from a bad place.

Not arguing at all that people don't have a right to be hurt/upset/frustrated. Just trying to put it in perspective. 

16 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

They have kept their word that's the funny part, keep getting called a fan boy and to some degree its true but i'm just pointing out the flaws in peoples logic and obvious lack of reading comprehension.

They never once said the servers would receive full support on a level the new ones would, not in an official capacity anyway.  All news articles relating to legacy clearly say they will get maps and updates but nothing to do with QoL support. One post in a forum that not everybody will see does not count as official stance.

They never said Legacy servers won't be wiped eventually they only said they wouldn't upon release, except for re purposed servers.

Yeah they communicated badly or changed their mind when it came to the kill list but lets be honest the "0 players for x amount of time" policy screwed them over as people would just log into random servers to screw with that, I know a few people who server hopped through the full EU server list just to play with them and put off their data for zero pop servers. Fact remains Legacy servers should never remain and with time they will fade away. 

22 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Ark sold a million copies in its first month being available, and since then it has sold 9 million copies.

To put that into further context, there are only three games on the PS4 platform that have exceeded that many game sales.

You're points are valid ones but you need to put it in perspective.

http://www.investopedia.com/news/global-video-game-sales-reach-91b-2016/

That's 91 billion for 1 year.

Since we can't get actual sales dollars for Ark as Wildcard is a private company, we'll extrapolate.

9million copies at $30 a piece. We're being generous and ignoring the fact that a very large amount were sales at 10 or 20 dollars.

9milx30= $270,000,000

$270,000,000/$91,000,000,000= 0.002967033%

Ark's total sales to date at best equals less than half a percent of last years game sales alone. And it's one of the biggest EA titles in the last few years.

So as I said, EA is a very small market. A growing one, but so small currently, the average gamer doesn't know what it is.

Sorry Andrew, but Rekt.

24 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Ever met a teenager that lied to avoid conflict? How about one that over-promised and under delivered because they were passionate/excited about something?

That's what we're getting here, just a lack of experience. It's not coming from a bad place.

Not arguing at all that people don't have a right to be hurt/upset/frustrated. Just trying to put it in perspective. 

These aren't teenagers. They're supposedly professional game developers. And i've really heard enough of this "oh they just made a mistake so you can't be mad at them" kind of attitude. The fact of the matter is the decisions to give players 30 days notice, only re-purpose the bottom 10%, and the promise of giving us FULL SUPPORT was not some passing comment. I can guarantee you that this was the topic of multiple meetings and a decision was made  on the course they would take. And to completely throw that out the window the way they did shows they had never planned to uphold their commitment and what they said was intentional fabrications in order to deceive players as to keep server counts high and the sh*tstorm they knew was coming minimized as long as they could before it ended up all over their faces.

WC just wants the illusion that new servers will be better off than legacy. In truth it takes a month for people to get in a position where duping is the name of the game.

The thing is, old gamers leave so there is hardly anyone telling the truth to new players and WC gets all the moneyz from sales to the new people who come because new servers are "better"

It's all just manipulation and lying to the fullest to get the most $$ out of it

2 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

That said, I'd imagine the Legacy servers will die fairly quickly when people realize no one is sticking around to play on them because everyone went to new servers.

This. Ultimately very few people will be interested in playing on the legacy servers, even if WC kept 100% of them running and supported (at least on the PvP end).

3 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

In recent history? How about the nerfs to the club (slow as they were in implementing it), or paintable vaults? Or anything they did regarding turrets v flyers? Or completely changing the eel's debuff from a stun to slow? How about the nerfs to the bosses? Those recent enough for you or are they "all from a long time ago when the community was small"?

They had to nerf the bosses because they raptoring broke them.

22 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

These aren't teenagers. They're supposedly professional game developers. And i've really heard enough of this "oh they just made a mistake so you can't be mad at them" kind of attitude. The fact of the matter is the decisions to give players 30 days notice, only re-purpose the bottom 10%, and the promise of giving us FULL SUPPORT was not some passing comment. I can guarantee you that this was the topic of multiple meetings and a decision was made  on the course they would take. And to completely throw that out the window the way they did shows they had never planned to uphold their commitment and what they said was intentional fabrications in order to deceive players as to keep server counts high and the sh*tstorm they knew was coming minimized as long as they could before it ended up all over their faces.

56 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

They aren't teenagers, but they are just inexperienced kids, learning as they go. 

Ok mods arguing for WC

How about total lack of care for players who LONG TERM made the game what it is.. The ONLY reason WC have the game that they do is because LOYAL gamers who have been ruined by dev decisions then they fixed from OUR feed back time and time and time again from major f-ups on their behalf 

I love the game and have had it since day 1 but frankly as of right now personally feeling all of us have had a MASSIVE middle finger from WC 

already thousands of player are quitting fb trade pages are closing as i am in a few. the THOUSANDS of hours that soooooooooo many of us have put in and lost an re built an re breed is frankly lead to one of the worst community care in existence

It is very clear the DEVS feel that we the gamer community are beneath them.

At no point has a single one stood up and said we are sorry its come to this

What you did do is say hey all you who lost everything due to our mistakes on boss fights on things going through the maps to all the time lost to our product that you all helped make the way it is   go f...  your selves and as a thank you we will give you the worlds most smallest of clusters to rag maps you can transfer to we will also wipe all tickets that req our help and we will also remove all future help and while we are also in the middle of FORCING all closing maps to flood all the already full renaming ones that will now run even worse to what is dubbed a MIGRATION to make even more players quit as the maps become unplayable.

What you are doing is trying to be clever to make everyone leave the now dubbed legacy maps due to this migration... and before some douche goes actually the migration is for the new clusters no it isn't a migration is a move from one thing to another and as there is 0 legacy movement to new clusters its actually more of a trap 

you are not even allowing us to take our players over to the inevitable collapse that's forced on us of legacy servers 

so i don't think you will even need to wait the 3 months gap 

bit of a joke really sorry essay haha

6 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I'd have to agree with the OP. This method was a bad & inexperienced business move. All it has done is lead to a lot of confusion, frustration & hurt feelings.

A straight wipe would've been better.

This is simply going to cause a crap ton of legacy players Ddossing the servers for revenge on release day.

I think the same like u xD

7 hours ago, Trikky said:

So a complete wipe months ago would've been better than a partial wipe now? Because they would have had three to six months to "come to grips with it"? The timeline doesn't matter, the results would have been the same. The clock has started ticking on your "three to six months to come to grips with it"; I'd suggest doing so sooner than later 'cause the decision has been made.

In no way would any other decision make a difference. The players on these forums are the most entitled group I've ever seen. Anything that WC does that remotely effects the pixels on your screen is always, and will forever, be met with absolute and unnecessary aggression. Look how everyone acted after every nerf, change, update, etc.

I also like how everyone on here has suddenly become business and PR professionals, know exactly how to do everything better, and are nit-picking WC's decisions as if you are all stockholders.

3 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

How is it a lack of experience? The person making those promises have been in the industry for years working on many popular titles.

4 hours ago, Trikky said:

Players that are going to the new servers would not have minded the wipe, so no change in numbers there, then you would also have a lot fewer legacy players pissed off because 1) they received a long notice 2) they are in the same boat as everyone else instead of being left high and dry on old servers
As it stands, any players that have decided they would remain on legacy are probably pissed as hell right now, as seen by the comments / reviews WC is getting, and I dont blame them.

I have seen quite a few poor business moves by WC (poor customer support,  paid DLC then releasing a free map (Rag) that makes the DLC obsolete,  lack of communication,  lack of foresight and imbalanced content development , etc ...) that makes me believe they are just flying by the seat of their pants instead of having a proper plan.

The problem with your ideology is that a couple of months ago they basically gave you the chance to opt for a full wipe, the topic was open for months and generated thousands of replies, the devs where no doubt watching and gave a few hints in their state of the ark statement that they decided to keep legacy due to the responses in that thread.

Sadly back then most of the player base, well most of PvE players not only opted against a full wipe, but where up in arms about it, screaming, threatening, throwing tantrums.  It was easy to see back then that this was what will happen, but you all chose it and now complain about it.

3 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

They have kept their word that's the funny part, keep getting called a fan boy and to some degree its true but i'm just pointing out the flaws in peoples logic and obvious lack of reading comprehension.

They never once said the servers would receive full support on a level the new ones would, not in an official capacity anyway.  All news articles relating to legacy clearly say they will get maps and updates but nothing to do with QoL support. One post in a forum that not everybody will see does not count as official stance.

They never said Legacy servers won't be wiped eventually they only said they wouldn't upon release, except for re purposed servers.

Yeah they communicated badly or changed their mind when it came to the kill list but lets be honest the "0 players for x amount of time" policy screwed them over as people would just log into random servers to screw with that, I know a few people who server hopped through the full EU server list just to play with them and put off their data for zero pop servers. Fact remains Legacy servers should never remain and with time they will fade away. 

What does

"LEGACY SERVERS will still get COMPLETE SUPPORT"

mean?

Archived