MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

20 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

While I agree that damage control is needed, I don't think it will help at this point a tipping point has been reached. And since WC operates like this I don't think they can talk their way out of this one.

Omg I needed that. Yup, that's what's going on at WC. Their actions prove it.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just stay on legacy servers invite your friends to join them. I seriously doubt that they are going to get the influx of new players they think they will on release. You want to protest the decision to cut support, make the new servers ghost towns. If you think a restart on new servers will "fix" or make the game better (it won't) join the new servers.  Our tribe of 12 will be staying on legacy.

9 hours ago, Paneross said:

My SE server usually has more on than most island servers. How is it getting wiped?

Ya mine is 755 and its getting wiped too. It's an active server. Not active at all times of the day given kids go to school, adults work, and not everyone is in the same time zones, but all the tribes still log on every other day if not daily. I don't understand. My server is not abandoned :(

Hello.

I quit ark now.

With the server kill i will lose my home and i dont want to start now for the 5. time.

I had + - 3700 hours in ark and i think, that is enough lost lifetime for a game which fúcks players all the time.

My base is on SE 707 close to the blue ark and there are egglayers unclaumed, waiting for you to get a new home.

My friends have all enough dinos and i dont know where to put them.

Please take care of them. Some of them are raised when i was a noob in raising dinos, some are just cute.

Wish you good luck for your servers,

Viva

31 minutes ago, slavojchomsky said:

Pardon if this topic is already addressed, I searched but nothing came up. 

Yes. There is a list of servers that will be taken down. 

However, has anyone compiled a list of servers that will remain?

Thanks in advance. 

The reason you can't find that list is that it is too small and the kill list's shadow is covering it. :)

So I'll probably be banned before I'm done writing this. I don't like the mods n don't have an issue saying it like I just did.

However, ark was great. Played it from day one, it is probably the greatest game I'll ever play. Its just a shame its going to die with the incompetence of the devs. The communication to the player base is horrid, very poor. Taking ques from the player base that lines your pockets is non existant. 

But its OK because they got our money, two and three times over. Great game wildcard. You really did make a masterpiece. Next game you do. Don't forget that we, the beta testers, are also the future of your game. You should listen to us and communicate as together it could have been so much better.

Toodles guys, have fun!

2 minutes ago, slavojchomsky said:

Quick update. 

483 servers are being taken down. 

According to ark 937 official servers exist. 

Therefore 454 servers will remain. 

If anyone wants to you are welcome to use this excel file of killed servers and then cross check it with those that will remain :-) 

Wiped Servers.xlsx

Some one give this man a thumbs up, I've run out of emotes for the day.

23 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

Hahahaha, its funny. People thought that the consolidation thread for wipe or no wipe was too big. Hahahahaha, wait till they see how big this one is going to get. giphy.gif

The bigger the thread just shows how much players care their servers are going down. You would think ghost servers don't have players to complain about it, yet players are complaining.

2 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

His point is that he doesn't like the game...everything else is histrionics and entitlement.

OK I'm at work so I'll be here for a bit. Did you really just say my point is I don't like the game? In a topic saying its the greatest game I played.

I like how you and the other one up above you, whines about someone venting. Its sad really.

No I love ark. I hate the mods who remove posts because they are a biased mess. I hate how the devs don't listen, and when they do they simply go back on their word and give almost zero time for people to do stuff like...I dunno, move their whole bases. Ya know, when the deva said they would give a month advance warning before repurposing a server...now I'm not the best at math but we got what....5 days? A week? 

You can fanboy all you want. But they don't listen, they dont communicate unless the huge player base is frothing at the mouth, and the patches, the duping, the ddos that is killing this game has not been addressed less then a week from launch.

No your wrong, I love ark. It is and will be the greatest game I have played. But they are playing bad games with the people who pay them. So close your eyes to this, your part of the problem and you probably won't want to see what happens at release.

4 minutes ago, CriD said:

OK I'm at work so I'll be here for a bit. Did you really just say my point is I don't like the game? In a topic saying its the greatest game I played.

I like how you and the other one up above you, whines about someone venting. Its sad really.

No I love ark. I hate the mods who remove posts because they are a biased mess. I hate how the devs don't listen, and when they do they simply go back on their word and give almost zero time for people to do stuff like...I dunno, move their whole bases. Ya know, when the deva said they would give a month advance warning before repurposing a server...now I'm not the best at math but we got what....5 days? A week? 

You can fanboy all you want. But they don't listen, they dont communicate unless the huge player base is frothing at the mouth, and the patches, the duping, the ddos that is killing this game has not been addressed less then a week from launch.

No your wrong, I love ark. It is and will be the greatest game I have played. But they are playing bad games with the people who pay them. So close your eyes to this, your part of the problem and you probably won't want to see what happens at release.

I know exactly what's gonna happen at release. I'm gonna get a new Pheonix & otter, or 3 or 4. Then, I'm probably gonna do the final boss fight to find out the end of the story. It's gonna be great! 

All this because I know better than to play on official servers for any game.

Really, all the problems you mentioned aren't specific to Wildcard. It's what you get on public servers period. This is pretty common knowledge here.

Try setting up your own unofficial.

2 hours ago, onedudesmind said:

Just stay on legacy servers invite your friends to join them. I seriously doubt that they are going to get the influx of new players they think they will on release. You want to protest the decision to cut support, make the new servers ghost towns. If you think a restart on new servers will "fix" or make the game better (it won't) join the new servers.  Our tribe of 12 will be staying on legacy.

LOL so they are just dumping all posts in here now ROFL what a joke.

16 minutes ago, CriD said:

I hate how the devs don't listen

They listen, they just aren't going to do everything you want. But seriously, every nerf, every change to the game, you can find a post in this forum that requested it.

20 minutes ago, CriD said:

the duping, the ddos that is killing this game has not been addressed less then a week from launch.

I was also puzzled about why they let duping go rampant, but it was our job as testers to find all the exploits and push the game to it's limits and show the devs what's wrong, before it leaves early access. Im sure they want players to find new ways to dupe, they're  probably watching them closely, maybe even ghosting them, who knows.

Like others are saying, there will probably be zero tolerance for it on the new servers. Fingers crossed. 

You should hang around with the rest of us a little longer, for release, before making your final decision to leave. I stopped playing a month ago, duping made me quit, but I'm watching/waiting to see what happens.

29 minutes ago, CriD said:

57 minutes ago, CriD said:

It was the greatest game I played

56 minutes ago, CriD said:

However, ark was great.

I'm sorry...I simply assumed we were using the same dictionary. I'll see my way out.

Archived