ARK at Gamescom! First-look at Upcoming Content!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, XjimX said:

Nice try but the argents wings where flapping to fast for that. Any other excuses?

It's no lies. The Argent was sprinting in that scene. Believe what you wish but that's how the shot was made.

Edited by ciabattaroll

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

It's no lies. The Argent was sprinting in that scene. Believe what you wish but that's how the shot was made.

Yes the argent was sprinting. So was the pteranodon and Tapejara.  But they are not weighed down. The wings move to fast for that. unfortunately for me i have no way of proving that.

1 hour ago, bgreg said:

I'd say the QR code hints to a different game mode/map of some kind. I'm guessing the way the Ark logo is lit/flashing in the countdown is some sort of hint as to what it might be but I can't for the life of me think what it could be.

I could of course be totally wrong I guess only time will tell.....

Oceanic Expansion. The logo is covered in Algae. ;)

3 hours ago, bgreg said:

I'd say the QR code hints to a different game mode/map of some kind. I'm guessing the way the Ark logo is lit/flashing in the countdown is some sort of hint as to what it might be but I can't for the life of me think what it could be.

I could of course be totally wrong I guess only time will tell.....

The below is Helena note number 7 on scorched which is possibly further evidence it is a space type expansion?

Time to go over the facts.

Like the island, this desert is a space station posing as a natural environment. It is inhabited by a large population of dangerous, genetically engineered creatures, and a small population of humans that are struggling to survive. This whole environment is then deliberately contained by a combination of a holographic horizon and natural barriers.

Assuming the other space stations are at all similiar, then this whole thing is starting to look like some kind of bizarre experiment on a grand scale. Yes, each station would represent an experimental group, and...

I'll have to continue this later. One of the caravan's scouts just returned in a panic. Something about rocks being alive, which is of course ridic.
  ~ Helena

On 8/24/2017 at 4:34 PM, powerstuck said:

Ark survival evolved launch strategy !

Go to a gaming conference (or what ever gamescom is) and sell your super buggy game to unaware gamers.

Hours later announce to everyone that the very people who invested money to help you get where you are today are getting the double finger. 

First 80% of servers get shut down creating a 4 days delay for a lot of players to move their stuff or lose everything. 

Then, they also give another finger to those remaining by shutting the support for ''Legacy'' servers. 

Wildcard at it again with the Wild-cards tricks.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 5:16 PM, Shadow9cat said:

This game fills my soul!  I just love it!  What a fun trailer.  I'm so excited for more story elements!

But the actual gameplay is not near of how the trailer is represented. Running dinos while bugging over the place is what they don't show the new players. Catch em like pokemon they say.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EternalUniverse said:

But the actual gameplay is not near of how the trailer is represented. Running dinos while bugging over the place is what they don't show the new players. Catch em like pokemon they say.

The sad truth. 

The trailer vs gameplay is like a well writen book vs a badly adapted movie.

• Like 1

Just now, powerstuck said:

The sad truth. 

The trailer vs gameplay is like a well writen book vs a badly adapted movie.

A-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y agree with this. To be honest it feels so much like a scam. I wonder how the game will really play at release. Will the bugs be gone? no more stuttering? no more lag? no more rubberbanding? no more crashes? Did they do something about the resources zones so people can't build on it? Did they fix the bad rendering when approaching base(s)? Did they improve the mechanics when building so we can actually entirely close our walls without any gaps/holes? So many questions.. yet 0 answers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

I wonder how the game will run at release when approaching loads/huge structures like the trailer. Sure hell it doesn't look/run like that in game on console right now.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:17 AM, eESTlane said:

oh look, more TEK content. f u WC. that youtube promo video is so crammed full of poop it reeks of diaper wearing audience. surely there has to be more? "am i ready for it or not, i guess time will tell."

Just because your trash at pvp doesn't meant everyone is. Go play pve, surely you can get tek there :)

11 hours ago, XjimX said:

Yes the argent was sprinting. So was the pteranodon and Tapejara.  But they are not weighed down. The wings move to fast for that. unfortunately for me i have no way of proving that.

I suppose one way to prove it is to have someone from Wildcard say the opposite. :D

We've had a mod say it but they're players who volunteered to police the forums and the company doesn't exactly keep them in the loop most of the time. So they're relatively clean.

12 hours ago, Bearbrat said:

The Q's as seen in the soundtrack video and Argents in the trailer look like they are flying the speed before the nerf!

Apperantly, they sped the video up, so in a result birds seem to be faster. They did that to fit that recording to trailer, which had preset lenght. 

Overall, this is bullshot trailer. It doesn't represent the real gameplay to be honest. Things they showed hardly ever happen. Also, if they had showed this trailer when game was released in EA, I wouldn't have bought it probably.

Tek skins are showed even though mejority of playerbase won't be able to use them due to time exclusivety for preorder bonus.

2 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

Apperantly, they sped the video up, so in a result birds seem to be faster. They did that to fit that recording to trailer, which had preset lenght. 

Overall, this is bullshot trailer. It doesn't represent the real gameplay to be honest. Things they showed hardly ever happen. Also, if they had showed this trailer when game was released in EA, I wouldn't have bought it probably.

Tek skins are showed even though mejority of playerbase won't be able to use them due to time exclusivety for preorder bonus.

Hey wait a minute. Most of us ordered the game way before release. We should all be getting those preorder bonuses.

Pfft. Typical Wildcard.

30 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

Hey wait a minute. Most of us ordered the game way before release. We should all be getting those preorder bonuses.

Pfft. Typical Wildcard.

I don't like it either. It is supposed to be condition to put physical copies of game in stores. Rest players will get those after a few months. Jat never stated how long Tek skins would be exclusive excatly.

• Volunteer Moderator
18 hours ago, Vrallox said:

I suppose one way to prove it is to have someone from Wildcard say the opposite. :D

We've had a mod say it but they're players who volunteered to police the forums and the company doesn't exactly keep them in the loop most of the time. So they're relatively clean.

Actually, I'm saying it because I was part of the folks making the trailer, not just because I'm a moderator.