ARK at Gamescom! First-look at Upcoming Content!

Jen

Ark survival evolved launch strategy !

Go to a gaming conference (or what ever gamescom is) and sell your super buggy game to unaware gamers.

Hours later announce to everyone that the very people who invested money to help you get where you are today are getting the double finger. 

First 80% of servers get shut down creating a 4 days delay for a lot of players to move their stuff or lose everything. 

Then, they also give another finger to those remaining by shutting the support for ''Legacy'' servers. 

Their plan is to wipe all legacy servers. That's why they're stopping customer support. Rampant cheating and griefing's going to help drive people off. They're also going to continue to shut down servers after this first pass as well.

I sure can feel the excitement! I am so excited for what else the people at Wildcard have planned to stick it to their player base!

1 hour ago, powerstuck said:

Ark survival evolved launch strategy !

Go to a gaming conference (or what ever gamescom is) and sell your super buggy game to unaware gamers.

Hours later announce to everyone that the very people who invested money to help you get where you are today are getting the double finger. 

First 80% of servers get shut down creating a 4 days delay for a lot of players to move their stuff or lose everything. 

Then, they also give another finger to those remaining by shutting the support for ''Legacy'' servers. 

Actually, since you still get retroactive bug fixes, content updates, optimizations, and the like, you are still being supported pretty throughly. It's just support tickets that you cannot file. Frankly, I think this is the best move for Wildcard to make so that they can focus on expanding their support team and providing better service to the new servers. The Legacy servers would simply have been a fruitless time-sink.

Man this game has EVOLVED! (pun intended) over these last 2 years and I'm quite curious as to what that odd sentry robot alien...thing was in the trailer but it was interesting to get a glimpse at how the Otter and Phoenix look in-game and i am really looking forward to getting them once they get added and i definitely cant wait to see what the upcoming DLC's will be

Man the place where the dunkleosteus hologram was. I think thats the place where they made ARK's creatures. And i think i even have proof. The panel on the left has a DNA helix but helix is empty. The creature on every ark are geneticly modified if that is the case, you put different types DNA in to the empty helix and walla you have a geneticly modified Dunkleosteus. I just Hope i am right

So cool to see this game grow since day one.

BUT The Island really needs a visual makeover to be honest. Ragnarok with all its versatility, detail and realism is the true star map at the moment. I would not mind if you wipe the whole map and re-do it because The Island has become boring and unspectactular. The player model itself will hopefully also get a makeover and realistic flowing animations.

Thanks Wildcard, you do amazing work!

Congrats Wildcard. You may not be a perfect company, but even the haters right now are only hating cause they love what you made. You may not be the best at PR and some of your decisions are questionable, but you are a talented bunch of people who are wonderful at making content and keeping the code together to make the game run.

Ark is still one of, if not the most favorite game in Steam when played under the right conditions, and I will recommend it to all my friends.