No support for legacy servers? Seriously?

Kamala

1 hour ago, GP said:

You know this is exactly how rumours spread because people don't make the effort to verify anything first before helping it spread.

So you see some random person make one claim in another thread where they didn't cite the source of their information to show it's true, and then you post it in another thread saying the same thing and calling Wildcard a piece of work when you haven't made any attempt to verify the information.

Let me say this, it's an unfounded rumour that is not true. WC have never said this is the case. So lets not help spread false rumours.

The problem is that it fits right into what Wildcard has become known for amongst the players. So rumor or not it is something to worry about. We all thought they were planning to wipe the servers. They said not to trust rumors and then it turned out to be true. They merely changed their minds about it and decided to slowly wipe the servers after making them legacy servers.

It's also not some random person saying it. It's an ARK Volunteer PC Tester. They're a bit more in the loop about the game than the rest of us.

Until after launch there's really no way to know what the people at Wildcard are scheming.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooo if they won't moderate their legacy servers..... I put forward to the table that they let credible volunteers be elected to moderate servers, like a form of coalition. It may risk totalitarianism, but it's better than to be left to the dogs. I have people already not just pillaring areas the size of entire coasts (I don't even care with pillars tbh), but walling it off entirely with ugly behemoth gates and placing such a volume of needless pillars to make their insecurity even more obvious. now that insecurity is frankly rubbing off on me.

So to sum it up then:

• The Legacy servers (ie. The current servers which will become the old servers) will still receive support in the way of updates, DLCs, etc.
  • The Legacy servers will NOT receive Customer Support meaning: If you have a stuck toon, lost dino, griefing, etc, you wont get help.
  • The Legacy servers will be reviewed every _________ amount of time to determine if the population has dropped and therefore, the server will be closed.

What is NOT clarified is:

• Can a new John Doe who picks the game up 3 months from now join a Legacy server or will they be guided towards the new servers?

IMO, WC wanted to wipe/repurpose all the servers in the first place but the threads and concerns prompted by many players forced them to "compromise" in that they would leave those players who have invested so much into the game, on their original servers. Which they are. They are just pulling the help aspect on them. I suspect its more of a way to try to prod people to move on: quit or restart on the new servers to they can erase the old junk still lingering on Legacy servers.

1 minute ago, TheStrip said:

Sooo if they won't moderate their legacy servers..... I put forward to the table that they let credible volunteers be elected to moderate servers, like a form of coalition. It may risk totalitarianism, but it's better than to be left to the dogs. I have people already not just pillaring areas the size of entire coasts (I don't even care with pillars tbh), but walling it off entirely with ugly behemoth gates and placing such a volume of needless pillars to make their insecurity even more obvious. now that insecurity is frankly rubbing off on me.

I've noticed a whole bunch of immigrants from the doomed servers are doing the same thing. The SE server I have an outpost on is getting pretty bad. I definitely feel for them though. Losing their servers like that.

Although @Vrallox has a good point I don't think, even with the decisions lately, WC would prevent someone from possibly joining a friend or family members legacy server. Same holds true for someone who purchased say the collectors edition for a second account. But then again it appears business decisions may be coming directly from a magic 8 ball.. so we shall see. That imo would be the nail on the coffin for legacy, however. 

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

It's also not some random person saying it. It's an ARK Volunteer PC Tester. They're a bit more in the loop about the game than the rest of us.

Still a random person. They don't know anymore about the server plans than any regular player. So no, they aren't more in the loop.

1 minute ago, GP said:

Still a random person. They don't know anymore about the server plans than any regular player. So no, they aren't more in the loop.

Ah. All right then. So it's just a rumor. I mistakenly thought their testers would know more than the rest of us.

Still doesn't change how much we should all worry though. The way these horrible rumors tend to be proven true and all.

On 8/24/2017 at 9:10 AM, JonasHR said:

I honestly don't think much more people will buy ark anyways and this is why :

1) Ark is out for like two years already, so most people who wanted to play already do.

2) A lot of negative reviews on Steam for things like this bullpoop they are doing with legacy servers.

90% of playerbase on "New" servers will be the legacy players,  and as a protest I'll refuse to change to new ones... 

Amen to that.

WC's so called 'logic' is what led to many of the "brilliant" ideas, like making another DLC with new servers and all when they can barely support the ones they already had.

Here's an idea to you geniuses at Wc: Maybe you should get your priorities straight and start fixing things that actually matter, such as:

* Better Linux version

* Hitboxes

* Glitches

* Server maintenance, although I doubt you know what that is.

2 hours ago, GP said:

You know this is exactly how rumours spread because people don't make the effort to verify anything first before helping it spread.

So you see some random person make one claim in another thread where they didn't cite the source of their information to show it's true, and then you post it in another thread saying the same thing and calling Wildcard a piece of work when you haven't made any attempt to verify the information.

Let me say this, it's an unfounded rumour that is not true. WC have never said this is the case. So lets not help spread false rumours.

With all do respect... Would you let new players on to legacy servers after you pulled all support???

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

With all do respect... Would you let new players on to legacy servers after you pulled all support???

I wouldn't expect new players to want to play on legacy servers unless they are joining friends that are remaining on legacy servers. But it is upto the player whether they want to join or not.

4 minutes ago, GP said:

I wouldn't expect new players to want to play on legacy servers unless they are joining friends that are remaining on legacy servers. But it is upto the player whether they want to join or not.

Well, I hope you are right, but I for one am not that naive. You don't pull support on servers you plan on leaving open.

6 minutes ago, GP said:

I expect your right. Although I would inmagine it depends on what floats your boat. I would guess most new starts to head straight for the new servers for a fresh  start. But if you wanted  to head for a more established server for breeding reasons or something you would go legacy ?

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, AngrySaltire said:

I expect your right. Although I would inmagine it depends on what floats your boat. I would guess most new starts to head straight for the new servers for a fresh  start. But if you wanted  to head for a more established server for breeding reasons or something you would go legacy ?

If you were a new player what difference would it make in regards to breeding? Some of the legacy servers will be filled and others may become more vacant if those players have left to start on new servers and therefore old structures will be left behind taking up space. But if you wanted to focus on breeding as a new player why would an old server be more attractive?

1 minute ago, GP said:

If you were a new player what difference would it make in regards to breeding? Some of the legacy servers will be filled and others may become more vacant if those players have left to start on new servers and therefore old structures will be left behind taking up space. But if you wanted to focus on breeding as a new player why would an old server be more attractive?

Tbh I was clutching at straws with that one. First idea that came into my head lol. If they wanted access to more mature breeding lines or something. As I said clutching at straws. 

No new player would want to start on legacy now they have no support and now that theres a time limit on those. It would have been a different story in a couple of months had they left legacy the way it was, as the new servers would fill up and slowly become more established, and you might have gotten overflow to legacy. Those vacant buildings would eventually disappear.

11 minutes ago, GP said:

The possibility to breed with creatures from an established tribe.

I expect WC to at least write in the server selection screen what is the difference between official and legaacy server so new players know better what they are joining.

1 hour ago, GP said:

Usually (like 99 our 100 times) those barring the blue ''Ark PC volunteer tester'' tag are full on defense of Wildcard. It might be an assumption error, but I can totally see how the words that ''random stranger'' said could be taken as an official word...

Yep, that and the total lack of communication and communication skills from the actual devs...

6 hours ago, GP said:

Well maybe if wildcard was replying to real concerns of the game instead of reposting pretty pictures and memes we wouldnt be where we are now.  Maybe also if they kept to their statements like 'were taking 10 percent of the servers' and 'youll have 30 days notice to move' we wouldnt think their lying at every turn?

9 hours ago, GP said:

Its not really true for the PVE server i find because the new players can to ask help at old players i see this often on my server and this New player are very happy because their evolution is more fast for the player with a little time for playing.

1 hour ago, Lordwar said:

Its not really true for the PVE server i find because the new players can to ask help at old players i see this often on my server and this New player are very happy because their evolution is more fast for the player with a little time for playing.

Ain't that the truth. We're always getting new players on our server and most of them are always saying how much they love the server and the people on it. Tribes tend to give away starter dinos and equipment. Some recent additions were having their base torn apart by alpha raptors. A couple of vets from different tribes showed up and saved it and their remaining dinos.

I think the reason Wildcard is intentionally strangling the legacy PvE servers is because they know a lot of new players would prefer to join our servers.

My boyfriend and I will NEVER quit our legacy server. And if they shut that down then we will just go back to Blade & Soul on the PC. I've counted over 100 friends that are quitting and even complete families... WC is committing suicide with this move. 

They still haven't even stopped the Dupers or the server stability issues and they feel like this games ready to compete with the big boys? That makes me chuckle greatly. I'll enjoy my time what little left then move on. Not to a new server ofc.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Gumbie said:

There still giving us the middle figure for those who switched to the new servers can get to play half the time do because it always full they said they were adding extra servers but yet ive not seen them if they have 

A few people mentioned they're also getting hit by DDOS attacks on the new servers. Fortunately I've yet to see any mention of the duping.

Archived