No support for legacy servers? Seriously?

Kamala

13 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

The problem is you then open up to more trolling, innocent tribes being wiped for no real reason but they didn't like you. Then everyone eventually moves on to the new servers and bingo, your server is now targeted to be re-purposed to a new server.

As much as I would like to agree with you, it is WC's plan to do this in the hopes that everyone pack up and shift to the new servers.

Personally, I love the game. But bullying and harassment has been rife for far too long, if they remove ORP from legacy servers, that would be the icing on the cake for a lot of players and they will move on to the next game. I am already at that stage, I am living in hope that Wildcard suddenly wake up to their stupidity and realise that they have a revolt on their hands and support the legacy servers. I don't care for PvP, because I know those tribes can build up fast on any new server. PvE has been tared with the brush that we have put a lot into our progress and we have been kicked hard, that alone and removing ORP will be it for many.

Ok hold on here.. It is NOT wildcards hope that everyone will move to the new servers. There was never a wipe planned.... they don't want you to move, trust me on that. Jeremy, the co creator of ark actually recently referenced the legacy cluster as the main cluster- why? Because he wants it to be. No support tickets.. support is a tether to your game problems so you are forced to fix them regardless of manpower cost and that's IF they can be fixed. They are launching new 'officials' because they have to via contracts.. they have to have a playable multiplayer game that's officially supported. They don't plan on launching a bunch of new servers and they never have. Sorry to rain pee on everyone's parade here.. but this is just business, and it's the main reason I, personally am furious. 

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Personally there is nothing more to add from me on how bad I think WC have become, do they have a good game, hell yeah.

But as I bow out, I will leave you with what I think they should have done.

Left PvE alone, maybe the near zero servers gets re-purposed. But PvP is where all the issues really are, they are used to rebuilding anyway. So why did they just not say, every single PvP server will be taken down, never to be seen again until it becomes a new server.

Then the support could have continued, you break the guidelines on PvE, you are dealt with. You try to DDoS, to dupe you are console banned from the game, you are console banned by MS. Setup a special support system for reporting Dupers, deal with them and deal with them harshly.

PvP players can rebuild fast, they are large tribes, mainly and like I said used to rebuilding. Would have probably have been better solution than what they did.

I mean low population Primitive+ servers where WildCard's own fault, as they progressed with the core game, they neglected those players and if I was on one of those servers, I would feel hard done by too.

dupers in pve too just so you know

as a matter of fact i just lost my stuff due to dupers

uploaded my stuff in obi, cuz my server shuts, went to new server started downloading. boom server goes down 4 times

dupers at work

rip 50/50 ark data (adobe structures and vaults) and my gather dinos (equus, doedi, theri, thorny,mantis...)

i like the fact everyone is in uproar about the lack of support on legacy.

What support was there before, Honestly? I have had open tickets (like others) for over a month now.

Previous tickets have gone unanswered just auto closed.

Where is the difference?

At the end of the day, you have a choice, like it or not, play or dont play.

Move or dont move.

I think the best thing they can do is release the game saves for ALL current legacy servers, and let people do what they will.

2 minutes ago, vtallbloke said:

i like the fact everyone is in uproar about the lack of support on legacy.

What support was there before, Honestly? I have had open tickets (like others) for over a month now.

Previous tickets have gone unanswered just auto closed.

Where is the difference?

At the end of the day, you have a choice, like it or not, play or dont play.

Move or dont move.

I think the best thing they can do is release the game saves for ALL current legacy servers, and let people do what they will.

It isnt just about the support. Its what it means for the legacy servers. Yes the support was slow if it ever came at all. Tribe mate of mines submitted a couple of tickets all were resolved all though it took time, although he appeared to be one of the lucky ones. But thats not my point. My point is the fact that if they pull the support whats next ??? It means they are abondoning the servers...

Without legacy servers support???? really??? What they are doing is indirectly wipe the servers that have passed the filter to be closed ....

In pve legacy leave without support the servers is directly make them come to an end, if people full of giant pillared areas, blocks strategic site with dinos and even after the step of an admin is still doing without support directly is kill him server...

To finish so sincerely would have preferred to be told directly that when the game was complete there would be a global wipe and everyone would start at 0, I feel that I have wasted the last few months to lose everything now ....

16 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

Ok hold on here.. It is NOT wildcards hope that everyone will move to the new servers. There was never a wipe planned.... they don't want you to move, trust me on that. Jeremy, the co creator of ark actually recently referenced the legacy cluster as the main cluster- why? Because he wants it to be. No support tickets.. support is a tether to your game problems so you are forced to fix them regardless of manpower cost and that's IF they can be fixed. They are launching new 'officials' because they have to via contracts.. they have to have a playable multiplayer game that's officially supported. They don't plan on launching a bunch of new servers and they never have. Sorry to rain pee on everyone's parade here.. but this is just business, and it's the main reason I, personally am furious. 

And how long do you think those servers are going to stay populated with no support, seriously!!!

18 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

dupers in pve too just so you know

as a matter of fact i just lost my stuff due to dupers

uploaded my stuff in obi, cuz my server shuts, went to new server started downloading. boom server goes down 4 times

dupers at work

rip 50/50 ark data (adobe structures and vaults) and my gather dinos (equus, doedi, theri, thorny,mantis...)

Never said there wasn't, which is why I said console ban them, make an example of them.

12 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

It isnt just about the support. Its what it means for the legacy servers. Yes the support was slow if it ever came at all. Tribe mate of mines submitted a couple of tickets all were resolved all though it took time, although he appeared to be one of the lucky ones. But thats not my point. My point is the fact that if they pull the support whats next ??? It means they are abondoning the servers...

They kinda implied that anyway. I see it from their business point of view, they have to pay nitrado (god help us) to continue to host servers.

I think the future of this game, will undoubtably be in the private server market. I have hosted for over a year (but play official)

If they released all the legacy save files, I would just take the save from mine, and repopulate with same name so old and new players alike could continue.

I am  hoping I can find the thread that said they would do this, as they are being very quiet about it atm

8 hours ago, Insomniak said:

Guys, relax. This pissed me off too.. like big time to the point I almost rage quit and started cussing wildcard.. then I realized... we never HAD customer support so it's not like we're missing anything here. Seriously.. think about it literally nothing is going to change 

LOL too true!  

37 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

And how long do you think those servers are going to stay populated with no support, seriously!!!

They never had support in the first place. So.. long as they have until now I guess. We were all counting on support though for big things.. losing your character.. your tribe.. you know, game breaking stuff that makes players quit. 

10 hours ago, Aldor said:

Wow what a bunch of wankers.

From a PvEr's point of view at least I cannot see any new player on the new servers being as loyal as the ones that have put up with losing dinos and bases from countless bugs and numerous biome changes that have plagued early access. I've personally lost 2 bases due to snow biome changes, I'm about to lose another with my SE server closing and I'm still here after 6.7k hours.

The loyal and dedicated PvE playerbase likely have too much to give up to join the new servers and will stick with legacy and this is the thanks they get.

I am giving up, and moving to Official.  9 months on PS4 but legacy servers are a death sentance and eventually in time will be gone.  So 2 weeks ago i stopped playing, sold or gave away my dinos and demolished my base.

I see it as a new beginning, fresh start.  I have learned a hell of a lot over the past 9 months and i am looking forward to a new start with my knowledge of the game.

33 minutes ago, Paneross said:

I cant wait until this company goes out of business.

I understand your anger, believe me I do, but that's not a kind thing to say. There are families being supported by the company you want to go out of business, and a game that you play. You just want it handled differently just like the rest of us posting.

9 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

They never had support in the first place. So.. long as they have until now I guess. We were all counting on support though for big things.. losing your character.. your tribe.. you know, game breaking stuff that makes players quit. 

Never had an issue with support, was only 3 weeks ago I had them come to our server to fix an issue for our tribe. Yes it was a 2 maybe 3 week wait for it, but it did come.

4 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

Maybe, but before, if you were reporting cheaters and dupers, you had a small chance that they would get banned at one point. Now it's confirmed, cheating and duping is now allowed on legacy servers. No Support = No one to enfore the rules = Cheating allowed. It's that simple.

Anyway in 3 month WC will probably wipe another 33% of the legacy servers left, and the last 34% in 6 month, just to give time to cheaters and dupers to make them unplayable so people will flock out of them.

So is there still anyone believing anything that WC sais or write? Cuz i sure don't (well i didn't before and they just prooved me right once more).

7 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

I understand your anger, believe me I do, but that's not a kind thing to say. There are families being supported by the company you want to go out of business, and a game that you play. You just want it handled differently just like the rest of us posting.

And may I add, they will never go out of business the game is too good. Even though it is mishandled so much, still won't learn from their mistakes, they will be around for an extreme length of time.

Pity must of us probably wont be in a few weeks.

1 minute ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Never had an issue with support, was only 3 weeks ago I had them come to our server to fix an issue for our tribe. Yes it was a 2 maybe 3 week wait for it, but it did come.

That's good to hear and I'm glad they did. Many others, including myself have opened tickets and never heard back, which is the norm we have come to expect. Like I said most things can be brushed off but lost characters and tribes? That can't be overlooked. 

1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Personally there is nothing more to add from me on how bad I think WC have become, do they have a good game, hell yeah.

But as I bow out, I will leave you with what I think they should have done.

Left PvE alone, maybe the near zero servers gets re-purposed. But PvP is where all the issues really are, they are used to rebuilding anyway. So why did they just not say, every single PvP server will be taken down, never to be seen again until it becomes a new server.

Then the support could have continued, you break the guidelines on PvE, you are dealt with. You try to DDoS, to dupe you are console banned from the game, you are console banned by MS. Setup a special support system for reporting Dupers, deal with them and deal with them harshly.

PvP players can rebuild fast, they are large tribes, mainly and like I said used to rebuilding. Would have probably have been better solution than what they did.

I mean low population Primitive+ servers where WildCard's own fault, as they progressed with the core game, they neglected those players and if I was on one of those servers, I would feel hard done by too.

This^ without money involved, should have happened. Very smart post 

Archived