No support for legacy servers? Seriously?

Kamala

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jdizzy2010 said:

Legacy servers don't seem appropriate. The forgotten servers fit better.

We need to take a stand and show them that we won't be forgotten. All those buggy years were for nothing! We must fight back! Who is with me?

The Lost Ark

Where we will give you extended Evolution Events and increase the rates, just to make your grind worthless.

2 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Yeah but with a full wipe old players would have moved onto a new server hand all the bells and whistles that came with them, instead those that chose to stay on old servers and not understand the ideals of a EA game in general now expect to get full support and attention.  The save files for your servers are available, you want support? Download them and start your own dedicated.

And ya'll thought we was crazy asking for a wipe months ago, foresight eh?

For sure, this is what WC wants, if they'd done a full wipe we'd all just have moved and taken control of all their new servers within days on both pvp and pve, this way they can keep us couped up in our crowded, laggy legacy servers until the new players are settled in and have taken control of the new clean servers, then in a few months time we get taken off life support.

Pretty much what WC did was left all the old servers as proving grounds for hackers/modders/DDoS'ers. So building on legacy servers will be pointless unless you fit in to that criteria so you CAN rule over a legacy server.

If that was the case, WC should have just wiped all servers clean. They're all gonna die soon after release day ¬¬

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

which mod is choking me and why lol?

This is a bit off-topic, but since the everything is so busy, I will give you a quick answer:

No mod is.  Actually, we are approving your posts.  Sometimes, posts get caught for approval; I can't say why, but it happens.

6 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

This is a bit off-topic, but since the everything is so busy, I will give you a quick answer:

No mod is.  Actually, we are approving your posts.  Sometimes, posts get caught for approval; I can't say why, but it happens.

Thanks. never had that issue before just thought it was funky and weird considering the topic but good to be cleared up. 

4 hours ago, SwishPapaSweets said:

Would you like to be wiped instead? 

It is coming... of this there can be no doubt.

2 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

So, half the player base wanted a full wipe,  other wanted no wipe. They said we'll wipe the 10% lowest pop/ghost servers and end up wiping 33% of them (managed to leave only 1 SE server if im not mistaken). Now that those are one the kill list, in a couple of month they'll probably wipe another 33% of what's left, then in 6 month the last 34% will probably go too even if there's players on them, seeing how they will wipe some 10+ pop servers (and i consider 10pop servers as alive as most of them officals are between 7-20 pop). I guess now a lot more players will learn not to trus WC for anything, they are liars.

It's a first, theres no mods out tonight defending that decision in every thread...

Without getting into specifics I can verify the mods are reading things very quickly... possibly within 2 minutes of a post.

3 hours ago, mmart said:

Game is still in early access, you all agreed to this.

lol... is this excuse still a thing?

3 hours ago, SwishPapaSweets said:

Would you like to be wiped instead? 

It is coming... of this there can be no doubt.

I think its still time to change the decision and just wipe all existing servers and force everyone to play the fresh start.

This is such a sausage move it will cause even more stern than wiping all servers. All I can do is wish for the worst game launch in gaming history, not that it is impossible with such sausage moves you guys make. gg wc it was fun while it lasted.

The player community will create new toons on the new servers, level faster than the people stupid enough to buy on release (as they know what they are doing) and immediately pillar the hell out of all the PVE servers. Customer support will then get a huge amount of complaints and be swamped within a week.

The 'legacy servers' will all be gone within 6 months so moving your stuff from one to another is pointless...

So...what has changed exactly? 

I mean why are you up in arms? How often did WC actually get to your issues before? 

We'll still get the same patches (got a whole patch outfit at this point), Ragnarok, and so on so forth. 

Yeah, WC should of course keep their word but they haven't to this point and how many of us are going to quit because of it? Maybe eventually but definitely not right away. 

I'll keep doing the grind, hope they magically figure out how to enact the same duping/ddosing "fixes" they have on their new servers, beat the bosses, get end game content, and then move on to something new and exciting. Life as a gamer I suppose. 

They know this (they know EA players are mostly close to end game content) which is why they aren't going to waste resources to the original's that decide to stay on legacy server's. It's actually a smart plan because those of us so highly invested and so close to that final boss fight after the Tek cave and finally getting the answer and a new map, aren't just going to up and leave because of lack of support. not right away but fresh faces will if they don't get timely response's and fixes to their issues. 

Ark is life. 

19 minutes ago, Britishbulldog820 said:

Wild card is just paying all you cry babies back, you all moaned about wiping, these severs are full of dupers why the hell should these be supported, i for one are having to start a fresh on new server because of these problems and dont think its fair new people been at such a disadvantage, so im all for it.

Pretty sure the majority of players wanted all servers to be wiped. Hence if that happened, then none of THIS would be happening, and we'd all be a little happier than we are currently

5 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I mean why are you up in arms? How often did WC actually get to your issues before? 

We'll still get the same patches (got a whole patch outfit at this point), Ragnarok, and so on so forth. 

Yeah, WC should of course keep their word but they haven't to this point and how many of us are going to quit because of it? Maybe eventually but definitely not right away. 

I'll keep doing the grind, hope they magically figure out how to enact the same duping/ddosing "fixes" they have on their new servers, beat the bosses, get end game content, and then move on to something new and exciting. Life as a gamer I suppose. 

They know this (they know EA players are mostly close to end game content) which is why they aren't going to waste resources to the original's that decide to stay on legacy server's. It's actually a smart plan because those of us so highly invested and so close to that final boss fight after the Tek cave and finally getting the answer and a new map, aren't just going to up and leave because of lack of support. not right away but fresh faces will if they don't get timely response's and fixes to their issues. 

Ark is life. 

Its not just  about the customer service. Its about the implication of what this means. Some of us have worried about legacy servers since the announcement. This is the final nail in the coffin for legacy servers in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, DarkEliteH2 said:

Pretty sure the majority of players wanted all servers to be wiped. Hence if that happened, then none of THIS would be happening, and we'd all be a little happier than we are currently

You and I must be talking to different players. Cause the majority of players in my experience are against the idea.

i think leaving any support for the legacy server is kinda dooming them completely. I think dupe will become a lesser problem than hacker. I never saw someone teleporting or a real hacker in ARK. I saw a lot of people abusing glitch duping Yes. But not a real hacker that would punch my giga and make him enrage or punch my wall and make it explode.

I cant wait to see it. I know i will be force to go in the new server i just want a super good reason to go. 

32 minutes ago, Fealthion said:

The player community will create new toons on the new servers, level faster than the people stupid enough to buy on release (as they know what they are doing) and immediately pillar the hell out of all the PVE servers. Customer support will then get a huge amount of complaints and be swamped within a week.

The 'legacy servers' will all be gone within 6 months so moving your stuff from one to another is pointless...

exaclty

unless they re-work the pillar claiming, you'll get another "smooth" release like ragnarok was

overcrowed, and fully claimed lol

3 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You clearly have no idea what this means do you?

Problem not with support itself, but what it meen. WC just wiped 50% of their "official" servers. And rest was put in "forgotten" category.

Now new players won't join these servers, why would you join it if it has no support. Old players will leave sooner or later due to various reasons. As a result  "forgotten" servers will become ghost town and will be closed even with online of 30 ppl (WC showed exactly how low online need to be to get server closed). This way with every new wave of server "repurposing" there will be less and less  "forgotten" servers. Until one day they all gone.

TL;DR WC just announced "softwipe" with sprinkles of agony on top. And showed how much they despise their player base. 

Archived