The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

3 hours ago, Skyness said:

Will only these servers be available on the release day (same maps as well) or there will be more added?

If only these will available, does that mean no new Rag servers or current Rag servers will be wiped as well?

I suppose those amount of wiped legacy servers will be rehosted in new cluster system and with different maps. 

So when it comes to Hardcore, I noticed that all servers are being wiped with the exception of server 90 and scrotched earth 774.

Are the hardcore servers that are being wiped going to share a new cluster?

I feel that if they are not going to be allocated to a new cluster that these few remaining servers should be wiped as well. It will put a huge advantage towards these few servers who are not being wiped.

58 minutes ago, Izzyd said:

I agree with you, this is soo not fair at all

The only question i have left is will the legacy servers get the new DLC servers if they do launch more DLCs

Same for me, its the most important question here and there s no information about that. Crazy.

I'm bulding an insane castle atm on offi PVE server, with lot of tips/trick. It take me all my free time and I like to do it. A lot. But if I ve no access to next DLC, I will stop immediatly.

Seriously WC, I feel like being treated like a delinquent, while I support / plays / promotes / bought keys for my family since the beginning of access.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quetzal said:

They've said Legacy will get the DDoS etc patches, updates and more content etc. Sounds like they're just deciding to wipe their hands of the 'customer support' aspect of the servers, i.e. stuck dino's, lost characters etc.

Nope.

Right there in the first post?!

@Jen can you share a little more on the save game part? The Xbox SE server I play on (which, I may add, seems to be always above 15/17 players and easily 30+ on weekends) is on the list. How would I go about hosting that save game on an Xbox console? Do I have to use Win10/UWP? I can't see how I would be able to select the relevant save game file on the Xbox console to even use it if I could download it. Are the save game files only usable on the rented (e.g. Nitrado) servers??

Ahh ty my browser wasnt loading parts of the post

So SWC promised not to wipe servers Hurray! Oh wait they are...

Then they say they will only be wiping 10% of servers. I mean 10% isn't that bad right?!

They they say they will be wiping 33% of old servers to repurpose them. Oef we dodged a bullet there, I feel bad for the other survivors though.

Now they tell us that our servers will become Legacy Servers yaaay!
Wait, huh? -reads further-

Legacy servers will remain on a separate cluster from the new cluster, which means you will not be able to transfer anything between Legacy servers and the new servers.

Soooo let me get this straight...small clans like mine (3-5 members):
- who have struggled.
- who have worked hard to get to boss level.
- who have transmitters and replicators and stuff.
- who have been preparing for Ragnarok since the 1st ever release date was given.
- who religiously log in hours.
- who curse and cry through the laggy servers.
- who have lost dinos and items thanks to unannounced rollbacks.
- who have suffered loss due to bugs and glitches.
- who where never compensated due to SWC's own faults.

Tribes like these among others now being handed the shaft once again and being told that all the effort and energy we put towards Ragnarok is all for naught? Oh and look at this, all changes will all take place 5 DAYS FROM NOW! Awesome Thank You SWC!! Not only that but if we choose to stay and play on the "LEGACY SERVERS" you won't be helped if there is an issue!!!

All outstanding tickets to our Customer Support team will be wiped clean on launch day, and no future tickets submitted by those playing on Legacy servers will be accepted. Going forward our Customer Support team will be focused on assisting those present on the new cluster, which will not be plagued by many of the issues that occurred during the Early Access process. Unfortunately it is beyond the scope of our operation to continue to offer support on Legacy servers at this time.

21 minutes ago, Wolfrane88 said:

So SWC promised not to wipe servers Hurray! Oh wait they are...

Then they say they will only be wiping 10% of servers. I mean 10% isn't that bad right?!

They they say they will be wiping 33% of old servers to repurpose them. Oef we dodged a bullet there, I feel bad for the other survivors though.

Now they tell us that our servers will become Legacy Servers yaaay!
Wait, huh? -reads further-

Soooo let me get this straight...small clans like mine (3-5 members):
- who have struggled.
- who have worked hard to get to boss level.
- who have transmitters and replicators and stuff.
- who have been preparing for Ragnarok since the 1st ever release date was given.
- who religiously log in hours.
- who curse and cry through the laggy servers.
- who have lost dinos and items thanks to unannounced rollbacks.
- who have suffered loss due to bugs and glitches.
- who where never compensated due to SWC's own faults.

Tribes like these among others now being handed the shaft once again and being told that all the effort and energy we put towards Ragnarok is all for naught? Oh and look at this, all changes will all take place 5 DAYS FROM NOW! Awesome Thank You SWC!! Not only that but if we choose to stay and play on the "LEGACY SERVERS" you won't be helped if there is an issue!!!

This is what we get for buying early access.

No offense but this is my honest opinion: Worst development team ever.

Gonna loose thousands of my hours due to this. Highly regret buying the game.

Edited by TracerBee

"At least get to all support tickets before ending support! We've been waiting weeks to get lost characters back.. How many people are working in support? 1 or 2? I will help you for free! I just want my admin rights back!

" thank you for your patience in waiting weeks for a response from our support staff, please remain patient for 5 more days when we will wipe your ticket and forget all about you, love studio wild card."

This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game. maybe more people should have read this in the description lol ive got 132days into ark do i care if they wipe all servers no!!!! 

Why because i read and to be honest ive been waiting for them to wipe all servers stop the duping and hackers of the game that spoil it for everyone else. maybe it should be like this at the end of the day if u buy a beta game what o you expect.

most games are the same in beta they wipe all servers from beta so everyone has a fair start. Stop the whining and just get on with it. Wipe all the servers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, ColossuS said:

RIP Legacy servers, you people need to get a grip. Of course the are not going to offer support to dying servers full of duped gear and tames. 

It would of been nice if they told us this week's ago instead of letting us waste our time waiting for support tickets they have no intention of helping with! 

14 minutes ago, iDragonb1ade said:

This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game. maybe more people should have read this in the description lol ive got 132days into ark do i care if they wipe all servers no!!!! 

Why because i read and to be honest ive been waiting for them to wipe all servers stop the duping and hackers of the game that spoil it for everyone else. maybe it should be like this at the end of the day if u buy a beta game what o you expect.

most games are the same in beta they wipe all servers from beta so everyone has a fair start. Stop the whining and just get on with it. Wipe all the servers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not ever other game requires you to spend thousands of hours to obtain stuff only to completely loose them and start over again. And the fact that they will NO LONGER provide support to legacy doesn't help much either nor does it fact into that "Change".

Well this is the most disappointing news ever! Basically we are being forced to a new server otherwise we will be stuck on a (limbo) legacy sever. In all fairness wild card customer service sucks and is even more disappointing than Kabam. Tell me why should I not take my issue to the media and be asking for a full refund of a fully priced game and cost for my time spent?

The only thing I find surprising is that up until this post the assumption was only pvp servers would go legacy.  This post seems to say "all" servers are going legacy if not deleted.  PVE would be lumped into that group.  I guess I will need to restart a brand new breeding program on a new server. Would have liked to have known that before I got so invested in my equus.  Just got my first 2 keeper mutations this week.  Oh well.

12 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

Not ever other game requires you to spend thousands of hours to obtain stuff only to completely loose them and start over again. And the fact that they will NO LONGER provide support to legacy doesn't help much either nor does it fact into that "Change".

well then go play on new servers where support is available

WOOOOOOW you guys literally lie to us an have no problem doing so how can you just burn us all like that an not even care your meant to be a proffessional company yet you treat us like dirt an literally say one thing when you know that is not whats happening at all your a disgrace of a game studio an you have A LOT to learn even after 2 years your terrible!!!!!

LIE NUMBER 1>>>>>> 1 month to move after the kill list goes up they say......but truth is we have 5 days......you understand these servers are 2 year old how do you expect people to move 2 years worth of gameplay while they have work an familys in real life to look after too you rush us an gives us the short end of the stick just because your rushing to meet your own in house deadlines which by your own fault your way behind schedule for which is totally unfair you have no consideration for us what so ever we are the reason you have a game the reason your game is so popular yet you just mug us off like we dont mean anything at all......>:(

LIE NUMBER 2 >>>>>> All legacy servers will receive total an full support " just like our new official servers " they say......truth is legacy servers wont recieve any support after they become legacy servers on the 29th.......all current tickets will be wiped what an absolute bail out your a poor excuse of a dev team (NOT AN INSULT GP DONT REMOVE MY COMMENT ITS JUST AN OPINION THERES A DIFFERENCE ) but I am pretty sure others will agree you just basically took a massive one on all of our heads thanks a bunch wildcard nice way to thank us for playing your game for the last 2 years.>:(>:(