The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

Are you serious theirs going to be no customer support for legacy servers so in other words screw all you beta testers we only care for the new guys their paying us fresh money... You guys are the definition of lazy theirs all sorts of problem so lets just screw over the beta guys its ok they can just spend another 2 years setting up absolute dogs. You know where to stick your game...

Just to clarify this part:

"Any existing server that is not considered a low pop server and is not taken down will become a Legacy server. 

Legacy servers will remain on a separate cluster from the new cluster, which means you will not be able to transfer anything between Legacy servers and the new servers."

So I've been grinding materials and taming dino's to move from the island to ragnarok.  This is not going to be possible is it?

18 minutes ago, jjt said:

"Any existing server that is not considered a low pop server and is not taken down will become a Legacy server. 

Legacy servers will remain on a separate cluster from the new cluster, which means you will not be able to transfer anything between Legacy servers and the new servers."

So I've been grinding materials and taming dino's to move from the island to ragnarok.  This is not going to be possible is it?

Yes

10 hours ago, AarronBittick said:

Man ... lot of crying here. Been there since day one. Have to start over.... that's Ark. 

Saying you hope they get sued ....? Pssssh

Alot of the crying is also over not getting to retain thi mgs that were acquired through underdeveloped, exploited,  bad means. I know not all, but a lot.

I honestly wish every single server on everything would be wiped retail day. Yes in would lose all the awesomeness I've built up for a very long time. Oh well, .... DO IT AGAIN!

Just .... stop .... whining !

Be grateful we have this awesome game at all!

Also the claim that they do not support players is not only ridiculous, but just silly. 

That team bust their ass in this!

Stop crying

Nope, you are dumb, wildcard is a terrible company that made a great engine... I really wish I could take back the 3 copies of base and 2 scortched earth I bought early on based on the premise and promises made. They fail to meet any deadlines, promise and fail to deliver time and time again and we are stuck with them now. I just hope the other games that use this games ideas turn out way better like Dark and Light. 

Mid-september to do hosting on private servers for xbox. Hah, it was already a bullpoop move we didn't get it with ps4, don't tell me it's Microsofts certifixation process, you knew what you had to do and the time is would take, but to "release" the game and still not support this feature is one more huge slap in the face to you customer base and you should be ashamed.

4 minutes ago, Mastermind42011 said:

Nope, you are dumb, wildcard is a terrible company that made a great engine... I really wish I could take back the 3 copies of base and 2 scortched earth I bought early on based on the premise and promises made. They fail to meet any deadlines, promise and fail to deliver time and time again and we are stuck with them now. I just hope the other games that use this games ideas turn out way better like Dark and Light. 

Mid-september to do hosting on private servers for xbox. Hah, it was already a bullpoop move we didn't get it with ps4, don't tell me it's Microsofts certifixation process, you knew what you had to do and the time is would take, but to "release" the game and still not support this feature is one more huge slap in the face to you customer base and you should be ashamed.

You realise all your doing by that comment is bending over to wildcard and what they are forcing on dedicated players you either have nothing or are high. 

Similar can be said regarding Hardcore and Primitive Hardcore servers. Every single one of them is being closed.

Fun enough, they claim we'll have new servers for every game mode. I have serious doubts that we'll have a Hardcore Ragnarok, let alone a Primitive Hardcore one. Heck we never had the chance to see The Center in Hardcore.

If I was to bet money, we'll most likely see "new" The Island servers for P+, Primitive and Hardcore without a single freaking Ragnarok. If this scenarios does come true, we can legitimately ask "Why shut down such small niche servers and force those playing on them to start over again?"

I also have serious doubts that we'll see massive new influx on players on Hardcore servers, considering 95% of the current playerbase don't have what it takes (even after 2 years) to make it more than a few hours before throwing the towel.

38 minutes ago, jjt said:

the existing Ragnarok servers will also become legacy servers. You will just not be able to move to the 'new' servers. At least this is what I understand of it.

10 hours ago, Kenav said:

Wild card is a joke

Yup and this is the right time to stop playing ark. I got 2500 hours and ARK is the game ive enjoyed the most in my life i think ( besides Dark souls) but they give us 5 days noticed, wipe 33% not 10% of servers,wont offer us customer services. Then whats the point of even playing this anymore...Im done wasting my time and getting raptored all the time.

24 minutes ago, jack1987g said:

You realise all your doing by that comment is bending over to wildcard and what they are forcing on dedicated players you either have nothing or are high. 

What? My comment is very much anti wildcard. I'm talking about the ability to host private dedicated servers with either a rented pc server or host our own on our own pc server. Because I didn't want to fall into this situation of being wiped or succumbing to the whims of wildcard so I have avoided the official servers. Between pc and xbox I'm sure I'd be in the running of top 100 of time played. 

So I'd really like to know how im bending over by being upset that wildcard screwed us over and hoping that future games that use this engine or ideas do better then this garbage company.

so for any Xbox one primitive server players if u play pve there only about 5 or 6 servers being left after the purge even i went thought the list looking for a new one i found servers with 12 to15 people on at that moment that's on the list. :(

edit: and as 8/24 11:57 am i can not get on any server on the Xbox list which sucks because my server on there and i was hoping to move my character

With today's announcements I don't think I'd accuse the Devs of outright lies but they are certainly disingenuous to a level I only usually expect from politicians. The didn't lie entirely,  as the promised they aren't wiping thriving servers only ghost towns. But all the assurances that were given were hollow lip sevice to try and prevent the game dying on it's arse in development.  Backing people who have been loyal to the game into a corner with the we won't support legacy servers plan. now it's your choice move to the new cluster, lose a few thousand hours game time and effort and start fresh. Or stay where you are till the devs have suffocated the "legacy" server you are on enough to be able to call it a ghost town and "re-purpose" it   

I've supported you to help you get this game off the ground and now you aren't going to support me because I'm going to be on a legacy server. Clearly you have no idea of customer service, loyalty, integrity, or honesty.

Anyone thinking about buying this game at release probably better think twice, you will probably find that once they have sucked up your dollars you'll be forgotten about too and within a year or so will be in some unsupported legacy server backwater just waiting for your turn to be re-purposed too.

I know jeremy, jen and their team won't care about my post. But perhaps they might find that they have enough decency to return my money and I will piss off  to  somewhere I won't be treated like a farm animal to milk till it's dry then shoot behind the barn.   

My Question is how will the No-tame servers be affected by this are they going to be considered Legacy servers now I mean there are only 6 servers for no-tame and all of them are very active on PS4 at least. I know they aren't up for deletion I read that in the article I just want to know how this will go down. Is there going to be a Ragnarok no tame server? I like what they're doing this prevents all the mega tribes from going and taking over the new servers and ruining the game for people who just bought it. This will force those Alpha tribes to go in and work for it again and grind things out again vs. taking their Wyvern and just destroying everything in their path. I'm not opposed to preventing players from transfer items to different server all together to prevent people easily wiping servers. This is the reason why I left tame servers and went to no tame.