The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

Any news on UWP for PC/XBOX crossplay? This says it was pushed back to mid-September. We are now passing mid-September and have received no updates. My tribe is waiting on the ability to host a private dedicated server and our original server (NA#119) was not on the purge list, but cannot be found.

We've lost all of our original progress at this point, which would be fine if we had UWP/crossplay so that we could move forward and start fresh.

I've seen multiple forum posts about this, inquires on all manner of social media, and this subject seems to be ignored.

Please give us an update on when to expect UWP/Crossplay between X1 and PC!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 1:37 AM, AarronBittick said:

Man ... lot of crying here. Been there since day one. Have to start over.... that's Ark. 

Saying you hope they get sued ....? Pssssh

Alot of the crying is also over not getting to retain thi mgs that were acquired through underdeveloped, exploited,  bad means. I know not all, but a lot.

I honestly wish every single server on everything would be wiped retail day. Yes in would lose all the awesomeness I've built up for a very long time. Oh well, .... DO IT AGAIN!

Just .... stop .... whining !

Be grateful we have this awesome game at all!

Also the claim that they do not support players is not only ridiculous, but just silly. 

That team bust their ass in this!

Stop crying

Best comment up here. I've been playing ark since February 2015. When I first started playing I had no idea what I was doing. I just knew the mechanics of the game. Any way the point is from that point to now the game has been a big up & down of emotions. Overall I enjoyed & still enjoy this game. As horrible as it can be at times I am grateful they took the time to develop this game. Much appreciated!

Any news on when cross platform play between Xbox and Windows 10 will be. Also, if we have an Xbox One copy from pre release can we get a Windows 10 copy for free or is that just with purchase of the game after full release. Lastly, if a pre release copy is sufficient, how would we go about obtaining a Windows 10 copy. I want to use my computer to run a dedicated server that my friends and I can play on.

• 1 month later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, dominicanloco167 said:

so Mid-September for cross play huh? Does someone really has to remind them we are in November already? at Least update people on what you are doing because right now it just looks like you doing absolutely nothing.

They have updated people much more recently, so it's not a case of reminding them or them looking like they are doing nothing, it's just a case of you not seeing the updates.

In a previous Crunch they posted about the current situation. Also since then they have further updated to say that the Battleye system won't work with it so they are needing a different anti cheat system. Long story short, Play Anywhere and Cross Play is ready but it needs an anti cheat system.

Edited by GP

14 hours ago, GP said:

They have updated people much more recently, so it's not a case of reminding them or them looking like they are doing nothing, it's just a case of you not seeing the updates.

In a previous Crunch they posted about the current situation. Also since then they have further updated to say that the Battleye system won't work with it so they are needing a different anti cheat system. Long story short, Play Anywhere and Cross Play is ready but it needs an anti cheat system.

How is the anti cheat progress going? 

• 8 months later...