The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

The OP needs to be updated.

@Jen @Jat

You guys posted this...

Legacy servers will also receive all of the same fixes and content that the new cluster will.

Source : https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/237201-the-great-migration-xbox-uwp/

Then the first patch goes and says...

From the patch notes:

Created blocking volumes for key areas in PvEservers (not enabled on Legacy Servers)

Can you be true to your word for ever 1 hours ? Like really. 

At this point, wipe all legacy servers, wipe them now, no announce, no nothing. Show everyone how ready you are to deal with a poopstorm and how cash hungry you are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

The OP needs to be updated.

@Jen @Jat

You guys posted this...

Source : https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/237201-the-great-migration-xbox-uwp/

Then the first patch goes and says...

Can you be true to your word for ever 1 hours ? Like really. 

At this point, wipe all legacy servers, wipe them now, no announce, no nothing. Show everyone how ready you are to deal with a poopstorm and how cash hungry you are.

why does this not surprise me :(

Soooo what i do not get is will my character be gone if i leave it on one of the servers that are getting wiped i played ark almost from the start and i just saw it go down and now a friend asked me if i could help him play the game i tried talking him out of it but he think your game is awesome well now my lvl 77 character which used to be 105 but thanks to wildcards amazingness he got reset now i have this character currently placed on the server EU 220 on nitrado is this the end for my character? 

Btw i used to love ark back then but with the diseases you started ruining it also i loved scorched earth worth the 20 bucks bought it on day one so dont think im some neckbeard that can do nothing but complain but you didn't listen to the community feedback and ruined the game.

To think this game is anywhere near ready for release in the first place is itself an embarrassment.  To think it's worth $60 is sort of sickening.  To think it's going to gain playerbase at all, throw howsoever many quadbipple-bonus 9-day weekends out there as they might, is ludicrous.

Why even bother with new servers?

But wildcard you said this... But wildcard.... But but but... shut up already, we get it. You think because you bought a game that was in early access that clearly states on the screen that it is a work in progress may change or may not even come out at all. Enough said right there everyone else commenting here like they won't be playing on the new servers grabbing land and leveling as fast as possible go play, they know damn well what they'll be doing. Playing ARK. They know a lot if not most of the ark pvp population is trolls/kids/unemployed so I mean really cmon guys how enticing do you think you look especially constantly flaming wc forums and usually making direct accusations in a very disrespectful way. This is a job quit acting as if they owe anything more then a thanks for playing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Ubpnibcn said:

But wildcard you said this... But wildcard.... But but but... shut up already, we get it. You think because you bought a game that was in early access that clearly states on the screen that it is a work in progress may change or may not even come out at all. Enough said right there everyone else commenting here like they won't be playing on the new servers grabbing land and leveling as fast as possible go play, they know damn well what they'll be doing. Playing ARK. They know a lot if not most of the ark pvp population is trolls/kids/unemployed so I mean really cmon guys how enticing do you think you look especially constantly flaming wc forums and usually making direct accusations in a very disrespectful way. This is a job quit acting as if they owe anything more then a thanks for playing. 

5 min till your argument is invalid. Press that lemon a bit more it's not dried enough. They deserve what they're getting. That's it.

• Like 1

they lied to you? you do know how testing goes right? this is/was an early access game....you were paying to test....to help figure out the bugs....i dont understand what people dont get about this. Do you know that when something is broken and the company does not have a return policy you get a new item right? well you are getting new servers they are offering to fix the problem for you all you have to do is trade in the broken (servers) for a new one. do you think stores let you keep part of something they are offering to fix? just because you were so simple minded to think that they were going to keep the orig test servers up and 100% supported and put money and resources into after they had serverd there purpose is no ones fault but your own. the other games ive tested did not even keep the test servers up it was a complete wipe and they give you a small token of appreciation for helping them test the game normally some cosmetic or decorative thing. i joined the game when it was pretty early access but like a dummy i played via game share and did not own the game so i had to buy the game about a month ago personally (and SE) so that was $80+ and i knew what i was doing .... i could have waited for the game to be fixed and officially released but i didnt i dont think i have any more say so then some one that paid what $40 for game + SE or what ever it was...NO... its just seems kind of odd that most people that i know and play with (X1) are waiting for the new servers because of the cheating and exploits, so why are people wanting to stay on these servers if its not for the stuff that was cheated into the game? i dont have an outrageous amount of game to im just a little of 2k hours but if it takes me starting over then so be it if they fix the cheating. i dont feel lied to but then again this isnt my first rodeo!

Regarding all seen by Studio Wildcard I see only two options. 

1. Move to a new server even if yours is not on a kill list. They WILL do something with legacy servers at some point, no  point in wasting another year. They have proved many times their words change a lot. 

2. Quit, as I don't have the stamina to start over again, which means no point even thinking about option 1.

Edited by bysaRD

My tribe and I have put alot of time and effort into raising and 100% inprinting our dinos. We want to move to Ragnarok. We don't mind grinding out new structures,  we grind everyday as a team and are good at it. Our concerns are that the dinos who we have selectively breed , inprinted and cared for, will not be able to move with us. 

3 minutes ago, GP said:

They always said between 8am-9am. It is only 8:12am, and they said for console it would be within the hour. They never said at 8am on the spot.

all posts up to the latest one said 8am, shouldnt say times if they cant keep things rolling

as a game dev, id never give exact time on when to expect updates/patches

Edited by Mrmodules