The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

the major issue I see it player's blocking the entire map, and no ticket to report. legacy servers will be hell. cause you cant get players to move there gates if blocking the entire map. the only choice is to quit and start new.

I think they know this. and don't care. I believe our emotes should be able to transfer to a new character in a one time transfer. this will be the bragging rights we want as we have been playing for so long. make the emotes only unloadable from official server's.

• Like 1

I can completely understand why they want a level playing field for new players on the new cluster on release day. I completely understand also that this necessitates there to be no transfer between clusters so as to prevent  a day 1 swamping of the new servers by Alpha tribes and established players at least initially until the new cluster is matured to a similar level as the existing legacy servers. What I don't understand is why they have to make the legacy cluster unsupported?. Purge outstanding support tickets fine I can live with that. But to say that the legacy servers will get the same updates but will no longer receive support makes this very much a 2 class system. To me this is very short sighted. I know Wildcard won't get new money from existing players except the ones who want to have the goodies from the limited  edition exclusive versions. But DLCs must be in their thinking and to alienate a huge chunk of your player base might just jeopardise their future spending on DLCs and Wildcards future earning potential.

Come on guys, think carefully about what you want to achieve. Great titles, loyal fans repeat business and long term sustainability or quick bucks. I hope you can see the strenght of feeling in the community and can make a sensible compromise.

On 25.8.2017 at 3:39 PM, Contingency said:

@ExcessEvil and any who support this decision. Sorry to say but there is no defending this change of plans at the last minute. Would you ever trade with someone that takes your trade and gives you something completely different than what you agreed upon? The biggest problem here is what everyone has been strung along with promises of preserving their time sunk into playing the game, and a few days before release it all changes. It seems like they said what they needed to keep enough people playing to try some things out then cut bait and switch. Their stance they took months ago on server wipes and restructuring is what kept people playing. Changing at the last minute is not about Early Access or not, it is about integrity. There is none here. This is exemplified further by the silence from the devs in this thread.  

There was never any agreement anywhere. It was a desicion made by the developers. This is something you, and everyone else who bought the game in Early Access/Game Preview accepted when you hit that purchase link. Wildcard are the developers, not you or me. We are paying testers, that's it. The bonus is that we get the game for a cheap price and are able to provide feedback whilst the game is being developed and suggestions people have made, have already made its way into the game. Wildcard have the sole right to do whatever they want to do with their game, be it serverwise or otherwise.

I can understand the frustration, as i've been frustrated about a couple of things myself, but my point still stands.

1: All game development companies wipe their content 100% before release. No ifs, or buts. It's a complete wipe, regardless of what players want.

2: ARK players in general are lucky to even keep their stuff when the game transitions from being indevelopment to full release. They are given a chance to move to a different server and start fresh and keep everything.

If some people are slow, well, that's their problem, no one elses. They can still start new characters on the new servers.

People would keep playing regardless. The vocal minority also claimed that people were gonna stop playing after the flyer nerf. Guess what? People continued playing! The vocal minority that cried out might've left the game at some point, but so what? It's not like that's gonna hurt the developers in any way, especially not financially, since this is a Buy to Play game and not a subscription based game. Besides, most of them either came back not long after, or will come back on release.

You and those few people who complain about this, are the vocal minority. No offense, but this is a fact. The majority are in-game, playing and enjoying the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Jen @Jat Where are the save files? You said "before Saturday," but it's now Monday, and everything gets destroyed tomorrow? Which Saturday did you mean? Saturday after release, when everything is gone already? Saturday sometime next month? Please just post them! I'd wanted to preserve things as an unofficial server, but my base has already been raided, and a bunch of what I wanted to keep was killed. The base was still intact before Saturday. I have no idea what it will be like by the end of tonight.

20 hours ago, Maresplace said:

Dear Wildcard,

Taking down 33% of the servers when you said it's going to be 10% and then adding new ones after that is making it impossible for players to move their stuff to the new servers in a normal time frame hence making this your first strike. Not informing your players in time (some might be still on vacation and will loose everything) is your second strike. Removing very active servers (450 being one of them) is your THIRD STRIKE. Three strikes means you're out or in this case i'm out and a lot of other very active players.

I hope your studio goes bankrupt for this stunt!

In case you missed it..

This is not a subscription based game. It's a buy to play game, so if you or anyone else 'quits', you're not actually hurting anyone. At least not financially.

2 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Come on guys, think carefully about what you want to achieve. Great titles, loyal fans repeat business and long term sustainability or quick bucks. I hope you can see the strenght of feeling in the community and can make a sensible compromise.

The vocal minorities are never strong. They just like to be vocal about stuff they feel entitled to by default.

Compromise? They have compromised more than any other game developer would have. Read my previous reply to understand what i mean.

Loyal fans are the fans that accepts and move on and enjoy the game.

Temporary fans are those who act with a feeling of entitlement e.g everything must go your way, or you threaten to leave, proceed to bash the developer, then come back, only to repeat the first two steps when something goes wrong again.

Go play other games in alphas or betas, no, not the generic F2P mmorpgs out there, i am talking about proper buy to play games. Then come back after you've witnessed how every other game developer does things as far as alpha -> beta -> release transitions goes..

59 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

There was never any agreement anywhere. It was a desicion made by the developers. This is something you, and everyone else who bought the game in Early Access/Game Preview accepted when you hit that purchase link. Wildcard are the developers, not you or me. We are paying testers, that's it. The bonus is that we get the game for a cheap price and are able to provide feedback whilst the game is being developed and suggestions people have made, have already made its way into the game. Wildcard have the sole right to do whatever they want to do with their game, be it serverwise or otherwise.

I can understand the frustration, as i've been frustrated about a couple of things myself, but my point still stands.

1: All game development companies wipe their content 100% before release. No ifs, or buts. It's a complete wipe, regardless of what players want.

2: ARK players in general are lucky to even keep their stuff when the game transitions from being indevelopment to full release. They are given a chance to move to a different server and start fresh and keep everything.

If some people are slow, well, that's their problem, no one elses. They can still start new characters on the new servers.

People would keep playing regardless. The vocal minority also claimed that people were gonna stop playing after the flyer nerf. Guess what? People continued playing! The vocal minority that cried out might've left the game at some point, but so what? It's not like that's gonna hurt the developers in any way, especially not financially, since this is a Buy to Play game and not a subscription based game. Besides, most of them either came back not long after, or will come back on release.

You and those few people who complain about this, are the vocal minority. No offense, but this is a fact. The majority are in-game, playing and enjoying the game.

Re read what you quoted me on and try to figure out where that response of yours fits, not one thing I said has anything to do with what you said. Here is a spoiler thought, look for the word integrity and the whole comment might click for you. You are talking in circles friend and are just repearing facts that have 0 bearing on the comment. To address the whole vocal minority thing, hate to tell you, you are part of it. The minority of players are vocal for pro and con, but as it stands in these threads there have been far more cons than pros. Please write a relevant rebutle.

Edit: Just to help you out to find this "agreement" that you speak of, look in this thread, you will see screenshots with time stamps that show exactly what was said when by the devs.

Edited by Contingency
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

In case you missed it..

This is not a subscription based game. It's a buy to play game, so if you or anyone else 'quits', you're not actually hurting anyone. At least not financially.

The vocal minorities are never strong. They just like to be vocal about stuff they feel entitled to by default.

Compromise? They have compromised more than any other game developer would have. Read my previous reply to understand what i mean.

Temporary fans are those who act with a feeling of entitlement e.g everything must go your way, or you threaten to leave, proceed to bash the developer, then come back, only to repeat the first two steps when something goes wrong again.

Go play other games in alphas or betas, no, not the generic F2P mmorpgs out there, i am talking about proper buy to play games. Then come back after you've witnessed how every other game developer does things as far as alpha -> beta -> release transitions goes..

Awefully litigious replying to comments that were intended for WC.... Gotta commend your loyalty to WC, but fans that "accept and move on" are reffered to as fanatics. 

• Thanks 1

To all the people complaining and moaning about legacy servers not getting any treatment. Yall realise yall did this to yallself with all the duping they can't fix the duping so they are making new servers  with no rollbacks available so you can't dupe items which means no more op megattibrs w over 500 gigas and vaults and vaults full of gear plus yall should be happy about this new start for everyone no more cheating and duping itll be legit from the start

• Like 1

Just now, Frank321SS said:

To all the people complaining and moaning about legacy servers not getting any treatment. Yall realise yall did this to yallself with all the duping they can't fix the duping so they are making new servers  with no rollbacks available so you can't dupe items which means no more op megattibrs w over 500 gigas and vaults and vaults full of gear plus yall should be happy about this new start for everyone no more cheating and duping itll be legit from the start

Waaiittt, you mean everyone that is "complaining and moaning" cheated? Please tell me more...

1 minute ago, Frank321SS said:

Not all duped, you are just using strawmen arguments beacuse you know WC failed badly, people have posted screenshots where they had written promises like full suport, 30 days warning, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Contingency said:

Re read what you quoted me on and try to figure out where that response of yours fits, not one thing I said has anything to do with what you said. Here is a spoiler thought, look for the word integrity and the whole comment might click for you. You are talking in circles friend and are just repearing facts that have 0 bearing on the comment. To address the whole vocal minority thing, hate to tell you, you are part of it. The minority of players are vocal for pro and con, but as it stands in these threads there have been far more cons than pros. Please write a relevant rebutle.

Integrity?

A minority is a minority regardless. The only ears to hear your cries are your own.

This has got nothing to do with integrity. Wildcard can change whatever they wish to, at any given point in time. They can even shut down operations all together without a warning, which by the way, is also on the store page, and quite visible.

My respons fits perfectly fine.

Everything you said, is a copy of what others have been crying about this entire time.

I'm not part of the vocal minority either through pros or cons. I'm enjoying the game as we speak. I just dip into the forums once in a while to debate with the vocal minority who thinks they matter more than everyone else.

You pull claims out of your rear, with no sources to back them up, that's the problem.

Also, an agreement means that both parties have an actual case in which to agree upon.

Wildcard has never put forth any such case. As i said, they can change whatever they wish to, at any given point in time.

It is their desicion to make, not yours or anyone elses.

Before you go any further, re-read my reply to the letter, rather than reading the first and last line.

3 minutes ago, Contingency said:

Awefully litigious replying to comments that were intended for WC.... Gotta commend your loyalty to WC, but fans that "accept and move on" are reffered to as fanatics. 

It has nothing to do with loyalty on my end. As i've already explained, i've been frustrated about stuff myself. But i don't let it go to my head (For the most part), like the vocal minority in this topic have.

If i were a fanatic, i would never utter a single word of criticism against the developer, and I have had my share of criticism against Wildcard and i've told them exactly where i stand.

Just because i am defending them in this particular case, does not make me a fanatic. Learn the definition of the terms you so zealously abuse, 'friend'.

27 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

Integrity?

A minority is a minority regardless. The only ears to hear your cries are your own.

This has got nothing to do with integrity. Wildcard can change whatever they wish to, at any given point in time. They can even shut down operations all together without a warning, which by the way, is also on the store page, and quite visible.

My respons fits perfectly fine.

Everything you said, is a copy of what others have been crying about this entire time.

I'm not part of the vocal minority either through pros or cons. I'm enjoying the game as we speak. I just dip into the forums once in a while to debate with the vocal minority who thinks they matter more than everyone else.

You pull claims out of your rear, with no sources to back them up, that's the problem.

Also, an agreement means that both parties have an actual case in which to agree upon.

Wildcard has never put forth any such case. As i said, they can change whatever they wish to, at any given point in time.

It is their desicion to make, not yours or anyone elses.

Before you go any further, re-read my reply to the letter, rather than reading the first and last line.

It has nothing to do with loyalty on my end. As i've already explained, i've been frustrated about stuff myself. But i don't let it go to my head (For the most part), like the vocal minority in this topic have.

If i were a fanatic, i would never utter a single word of criticism against the developer, and I have had my share of criticism against Wildcard and i've told them exactly where i stand.

Just because i am defending them in this particular case, does not make me a fanatic. Learn the definition of the terms you so zealously abuse, 'friend'.

LOL, you can clearly read yet not comprihend. Speaking of defenitions you should look up integrity. Was it the part where you have not understood that anyone that is vocal on this site is a minority in ark player base no matter of stance? Or was it the fanboy/fanatic part that struck a cord? Either way, thanks for the laugh and honestly don't want to take up the space in this forum re explaining and educating you on what a fact is and what is fiction, and what I have reiterated post after post. But you may message me if you so wish to continue.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

State your evidence, where is the poll you took that says only a minority of current players are unhappy with the no support for legacy decision.

Your previous reply is irrelevant, you don't speak for Wildcard. You have a right to your own views on the subject and can express them where ever you like. But it is speculation to say they have compromised more than any other game developer would and not based in any fact or supported by any actual verbatim evidence.

Sheep accept everything without question. Why should we not question the decision Wildcard have made if we think it's a mistake and will be detrimental to the long term future of the game.

Perhaps you might want to research the concept of Net Promoter Score or Index and how bad decisions affect a companies ability to retain customers and attract new ones. A net promoter like you might attract one or 2 new customers to a company. But a net detractor will typically be more vocal and tell many more people of their bad experience and in turn  influence many, many more potential customers to stay away.

Currently ARK is getting hammered on steam with lots of people posting negative reviews, when people read those reviews they may well chose to spend their hard earned cash on a different game.

If you truely believe that Wildcard can ignore customer feedback and survive entirely on the sheep who will blindly keep forking over their money regardless of what decisions Wildcard make then please promise me that you will never try to make a living in the business world, I'd be worried that you end up homeless and starving.

I'm not a fan, I'm a customer.  If I stop spending money on Wildcard products because I don't like their decisions then that's my choice. If I choose to tell them that there is a possibility that I will stop buying their products because of their decisions then that is also my choice. 

They can chose whether they want to try to keep me as a customer or risk me becoming a net detractor. It's their bottom line that will be affected at the end of the day.

I have played alpha and beta games of what you call proper buy to pay games, but never had to pay anything to do so. Typically you get to play the alpha or beta and if you think it's trash you keep your money in your pocket at full release. 

I took a chance on Ark and Wildcard, maybe I was a fool to do so, parting with my money on something unproven and with no credentials. But what is it they say? won't get fooled again?  

If that is the (excuse the pun ) "Legacy" Wildcard are looking for they may be very close to their goal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1