The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

On 8/23/2017 at 9:51 PM, Freya said:

You are honestly telling us to transfer servers when literally 10 days ago I lost my character over a simple transfer and you guys were still not able to reply to the ticket? 10 days and it took me less to level back up to 100.

It's been 40 days since I lost my character. They are dropping customer support for the legacy servers, they never had customer support for their game! Just a bunch of words!

This is stupid. Even if there are loads of servers there is no point migrating them. We helped the game to become better and supported you when errors where made. Guess what everyone, they did a big U-turn on there statements not to write the servers. Thanks for treating us like dirt! This is what you repay us? I'm thinking to stop playing, so do lots of other people. At least I didn't pay full price for this game, I got it in the stream sale. I mean look, good game, great idea, just not executed very well at all.

A very disappointed customer. ?

• Thanks 1

Here is a reply from Jen to explain their rationale.... I understand wiping the slate clean of all existing tickets and people having to resubmit tickets as needed, WC STILL does not get how dishonest of a move to not accept future tickets is... that is the least they could do for legacy at this time after all the statements they have made in the past and the good will work they got from us in response. Any idea of how to get the message across?

https://amp.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/6w6jsl/why_is_everyone_so_mad_that_wc_is_removing/

14 minutes ago, Contingency said:

Here is a reply from Jen to explain their rationale.... I understand wiping the slate clean of all existing tickets and people having to resubmit tickets as needed, WC STILL does not get how dishonest of a move to not accept future tickets is... that is the least they could do for legacy at this time after all the statements they have made in the past and the good will work they got from us in response. Any idea of how to get the message across?

https://amp.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/6w6jsl/why_is_everyone_so_mad_that_wc_is_removing/

So I read through that and unfortunately all I hear is excuses, not complex logic being applied. Months of tickets means they don't have a proper administration team, which is just part of owning a company and providing a service. If they cannot properly provide that service through the means they have, they should be outsourcing, hiring more staff, or finish providing players with the means to do so themselves. Even upon release xbox is still unable to host via pc, and it will be months before they will be able to do so without renting an overpriced server that I'm sure wildcard is being given kickbacks or discounts for exclusivity. Wildcard has grown, and their game was more successful then they thought. Therefore, keeping up with that is difficult im sure, but again thats part of running a business and if you cannot keep up with the growth, then you are bad at running your business, it really is that simple. No amount of excuses of "focusing on release," "can't keep up with tickets," whatever is going to change the fact that all of that is in their hands and can/should be fixed before they "release" their product. Wildcard is pushing for release in a few days and are still delivering an unfinished and under administered product and instead of holding up to their promises, which is really the key to this all, they give us their word they won't delete servers, they will release features, they will provide support, and then  bam, realize their business is bad, and instead of taking responsibility for their mistakes they change the plan and make it so people won't want to play on the servers they promised to keep around or get rid of the SE servers those players travel to in order to lower the quality of life of those servers until people leave.

I don't play offical, because wildcard has shown they have poor management skills since the beginning and I don't want to set myself up for that kinda heartbreak. However, as someone who has sunk more hours then I even want to think about into this game, I do want to see this game live up to its potential. Or at least the engine. I just don't have faith in wildcard anymore and have adopted a I'll believe when I see it attitide towards everything they say. 

1. when will the save files save? (so there will be not created a rollback to it this week/weekend?)

2. why are there the one and only Scorched Earth server not being taken down in EU hardcore cluster... but ALL EU the island in cluster while there was ALL medium POP hardcore servers .... who plays that one SE EU server that remains from all the EU servers and why keep that server and not any the island? Makes no sense to us... or the game.

3. why is third person mode enabled in PVP hardcore now? There is a simple reason why that was disabled long before or from the start..?

4. Dupers? I have not met any dupers in my 4000 hours on hardcore EU, but i heard about it happening on PC and console versions alike. Probably it is more common in HIGH POP servers, because duping in PVP everyone knows it isnt a "safe way to win", but a safe way to GET REPORTED (if you have any credentials).... and it isnt a fun way to play.. in low-medium pop servers... What hackers would bothers to piss us off? No one did yet... why? Because we doesnt matter to them and we dont have TEK yet, we wouldnt care or know even if someone tried to ddos our server because no one moves there with TEK.... maybe soon. When our rexes is lvld up and we have enough metal for a full armor set... (we're getting there after 4000 hours and many tough wars with our fists and long bows.....) =p

Edited by fraktal77

9 minutes ago, fraktal77 said:

1. when will the save files save? (so there will be not created a rollback to it this week/weekend?)

2. why are there the one and only Scorched Earth server not being taken down in EU hardcore cluster... but ALL EU the island in cluster while there was ALL medium POP hardcore servers .... who plays that one SE EU server that remains from all the EU servers and why keep that server and not any the island? Makes no sense to us... or the game.

3. why is third person mode enabled in PVP now? There is a simple reason why that was disabled long before or from the start..?

4. Dupers? I have not met any dupers in my 4000 hours on hardcore EU, but i heard about it happening on PC and console versions alike. Probably it is more common in HIGH POP servers, because duping in PVP everyone knows it isnt a "safe way to win", but a safe way to GET REPORTED (if you have any credentials).... and it isnt a fun way to play.. in low-medium pop servers... What hackers would bothers to piss us off? No one did yet... why? Because we doesnt matter to them and we dont have TEK yet, we wouldnt care or know even if someone tried to ddos our server because no one moves there with TEK.... maybe soon. When our rexes is lvld up and we have enough metal for a full armor set... (we're getting there after 4000 hours and many tough wars with our fists and long bows.....) =p

Hopefully the save files are from around the time they announced the server kill lists. After they announced it our server has been getting wiped by dupers/aimbotters for the last 4 days.

Dear Wildcard,

Taking down 33% of the servers when you said it's going to be 10% and then adding new ones after that is making it impossible for players to move their stuff to the new servers in a normal time frame hence making this your first strike. Not informing your players in time (some might be still on vacation and will loose everything) is your second strike. Removing very active servers (450 being one of them) is your THIRD STRIKE. Three strikes means you're out or in this case i'm out and a lot of other very active players.

I hope your studio goes bankrupt for this stunt!

• Like 1

On 24.8.2017 at 0:14 PM, iDragonb1ade said:

at the end of it atleast they have put new servers on and give us time if our server is the ones being wiped. atleast they not wiping all servers. 

And what about all PvE Primtive Player? I know many people who never tried PvP and dont want it. They playing from day 1, breeding, building, raising on PvE. But WC will kill all PvE Primitive Servers. And we had about 10-35 Players online.

So they are forced to go on a Primitve PvP server, loosing all their tames because there is only one (!) Primitive Server left from eight Primitive Servers. 

I think WC did a mistake about that. They dont really look at the server they deleting, they just running a automaticly thing about server population and kill everything. If these PvP Primitive server who wont get killed had like 10 players less the last 2 weeks, they would 100% Kill all Primitive. Pretty Sure :D

Not well played WC.

Just saying, if WC would care a bit about such things, there would be 1 logical solution. We had 4 PvE servers Population 10-30.

Why dont put all into 1 PvE Server to fill it up fully? And stop PvP <-> PvE switching in Primitive. 

And its not only Primitive where WC could give Players more support with that, as they announced a year ago. 

Let's all pretend for a second and complain about how nasty wild card is and that these "legacy" servers aren't COMPLETELY full of duped Dinos ascended items/saddles and structures. Which ruins the game to anyone that isn't involved with duping(~70%) or the many other exploits that are routinely used by some of the very same players on here whining about the situation.(under mapping/ddos/weight glitches/spoil timers etc.) some may have been taken care of, but not before gains were made.  Now back to reality-The very second you or "they" chose to exploit the game you threw away any real credibility and legitimate efforts made by everyone including yourself. WildCard should have wiped their servers immediately after they realized what had happened. Instead they spent 100's of thousands of dollars keeping these garbage servers up so you kids could literally knock them offline for a few seconds and duplicate your now worthless ill gotten items lol and now you're mad they're going offline for good hahaha you kids these days...

16 hours ago, DY5FVNCTIONAL said:

It's been 40 days since I lost my character. They are dropping customer support for the legacy servers, they never had customer support for their game! Just a bunch of words!

Agreed! Been waiting weeks for a lost character to be restored.. Don't even want it restored at this point, just want admin rights for my new character.. How hard can it be?? Why is there such an outrageous backlog of tickets? 

16 hours ago, Mastermind42011 said:

So I read through that and unfortunately all I hear is excuses, not complex logic being applied. Months of tickets means they don't have a proper administration team, which is just part of owning a company and providing a service.

As someone said on Reddit some time ago, WC is just a bunch of amateur 3D designer and graphical artists. That is why their game looks nice but all the coding, all the logical work is horrible. Even the tickets, Community communication and their Customer support is done by their artist team.

That is their number one reason for not getting things like building, AI and bosses to work properly (don't get me started on server side, theres a reason they're hiring coders but sadly thats too late). It is sad, great idea for a game but horrible execution in the end on every other aspect but the looks.

2 hours ago, Ubpnibcn said:

Let's all pretend for a second and complain about how nasty wild card is and that these "legacy" servers aren't COMPLETELY full of duped Dinos ascended items/saddles and structures. Which ruins the game to anyone that isn't involved with duping(~70%) or the many other exploits that are routinely used by some of the very same players on here whining about the situation.(under mapping/ddos/weight glitches/spoil timers etc.) some may have been taken care of, but not before gains were made.  Now back to reality-The very second you or "they" chose to exploit the game you threw away any real credibility and legitimate efforts made by everyone including yourself. WildCard should have wiped their servers immediately after they realized what had happened. Instead they spent 100's of thousands of dollars keeping these garbage servers up so you kids could literally knock them offline for a few seconds and duplicate your now worthless ill gotten items lol and now you're mad they're going offline for good hahaha you kids these days...

You know how I know you didn't read previous comments? Because you wrote the ignorant statement above.