The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

2 hours ago, SirWalken said:

I"m sad to say this may be the nail in the coffin for Ark.  I'm in a small tribe that has been working for the last year in an effort to actually take on some of the bosses.  Because this game is so time consuming and takes so long to get anywhere we are just now ready to start hitting bosses and getting some Tek gear.  But since the game has been so buggy and horribly laggy we have been holding off in the hopes of moving the hundreds of hours of hard work to a new server that didn't lag.  Now it seems we will never realize that dream and wildcard is leaving us to rot.  I know they could make it so everyone could at least transfer their dinos (hard work) to a new server but choose not to.  I don't have the time to once again start all over again.  Thanks WildCard for making the decision to quite this game for me.  You probably saved me hours of wasted time playing this game.

It's been listed for awhile that there would be no transfer between legacy and new servers. Legacy will still receive full support i.e updates and dlc (for as long as legacy remains active anyway) so if you wanna transfer between legacy servers you can.

My tribe and I have put alot of time and effort into raising and 100% inprinting our dinos. We want to move to Ragnarok. We don't mind grinding out new structures,  we grind everyday as a team and are good at it. Our concerns are that the dinos who we have selectively breed , inprinted and cared for, will not be able to move with us. 

LOL they are dropping support because the ones that are on the Legacy servers more then likely have duped crap ...if you didnt dupe it then someone else did ...why would they help the ones that exploited bugs when "they were only doing it to show how broken it was so WC would fix it?"  you were not helping you were hurting the game and destroying the community because you couldnt play a game legitly. i know, no one duped it was all a lie LOL if you want support that bad join the new servers and start fresh like the ones that didnt/couldnt play with all the cheating going on in the Legacy servers. if you didnt cheat and you had so much stuff then it shouldnt be that hard to get back to where you were on the old servers. and yes my SE server is on the cut list but they can delete the character as i dont plan on playing on those cancerous servers anymore ill just play on the new servers with the new bugs and exploits

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Well, to be honest i was expecting things won't go as WC promised, but this is just too much. Yeah, the game is in pre-release, you can do pretty much what you want, even wipe every server, and even if a lot of players would have had a problem with that, this is not the issue here. Lying to your customers on the other hand, IS, even if telling the truth would have meant a lot of the players would have stopped investing time in a lost cause and just found something else to play. Yes, the game would have dropped a bit in popularity rankings but you would have earned the respect of the players in the long term, people would know that if you say "from now on we going to do this and that" it would be the real deal, instead you chose the easy way out.

So, 1 month prior warning turned into 5 days and COMPLETE SUPPORT turned into "meh, dupe, cheat all you want, we don't really care, no more support for you". Not that support was too great in the first place, as we had people in our tribe lose 105 chars and getting no response in 1-2 months, we showed documented evidence of other people cheating out in the open and nothing was done either and many other issues i am sure most of you came across and got ignored by support.

So now, after all of this, we should just trust WC's word for it that the new servers will be dupe/ddos free, the support is gonna be sensational and all will be better than it was before? This incompetence of solving the real issues of the game so far and the total lack of respect for the suckers that bought and supported this game early on is just too much.

muie1.png

muie2.JPG

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, xXINFIRIXx said:

Any news concerning transfer from one prim+ server to another?

7 hours ago, xXINFIRIXx said:

I have almost 200 high lvl bred dino on Server 3 Prim+ that I will not be able to transfer and I hope they allow us to do so before the server gets wiped. 3x weekend helped tremendously however all that work will be lost.

This is the latest on Prim+ transfers from yesterday, hopefully console will be soon.

4 hours ago, Xaikhan said:

LOL they are dropping support because the ones that are on the Legacy servers more then likely have duped crap ...if you didnt dupe it then someone else did ...why would they help the ones that exploited bugs when "they were only doing it to show how broken it was so WC would fix it?"  you were not helping you were hurting the game and destroying the community because you couldnt play a game legitly. i know, no one duped it was all a lie LOL if you want support that bad join the new servers and start fresh like the ones that didnt/couldnt play with all the cheating going on in the Legacy servers. if you didnt cheat and you had so much stuff then it shouldnt be that hard to get back to where you were on the old servers. and yes my SE server is on the cut list but they can delete the character as i dont plan on playing on those cancerous servers anymore ill just play on the new servers with the new bugs and exploits

Please read the previous posts as you have gallantly missed the point like so many others before you. The real issue is not the wipe, not the lack of service and not the cheating. It is WC conning everyone for the past few months into keep playing to test out the remainder of their game so they could make changes as needed in exchange for keeping current servers with content, support and trimming only 10% of the total based on active players. We did our part, when it came for them to do theirs they backed out at the very end. 0 integrity

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xaikhan said:

I don't think you read any of these posts. People have counter argued your point countless times now. You are acting like you know what's best because of your simple experience. Most people aren't upset about a wipe or starting over genius, just about the misleading and downright lying wildcard has done. We made investments based on promises made. Be they time or money they were invesments. We are investors/stockholders and they are giving us false numbers to get more investments. If this was the stockmarket the fcc would be all over them.

On 8/24/2017 at 6:33 AM, SilverScythe said:

I feel sorry for the young people disconnected from the community like you who do not understand the value of time and hard work put in by the earliest members of the community... You would not be saying "get over yourself" if you have invensted over two thousand hours in to a single server, and when the structures you own on that server total the cost of around 1,000,000(1 million) ingots, and roughtly 600,000(6 hundred-thousand) cementing paste.

People like you just build your little thatch huts, complain about the pillars that are stopping you from building over metal spawns, and then come on to the forums and rejoice over the fact that all of this games most loyal player base are about to be screwed over...

"Young people like you" More than likely spoken by a whining twelve year old. 

I'm just curious, everywhere I go I see people complaining about the treatment of us legacy players.  It makes sense though, with everything the player base has delt with up till and especially now.

Is wildcard going to give anything to it's legacy players, that would be usable on the new clusters? I know it isn't much, but; The skins we have unlocked? New skins? Came back that holds food and water for longer? Idk I'm just throwing stuff out there.

I just feel like some type of compensation should be given to the people that have continued to endure. Rather then destroying everything the worked for and giving them nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Onichan1 said:

I'm just curious, everywhere I go I see people complaining about the treatment of us legacy players.  It makes sense though, with everything the player base has delt with up till and especially now.

Is wildcard going to give anything to it's legacy players, that would be usable on the new clusters? I know it isn't much, but; The skins we have unlocked? New skins? Came back that holds food and water for longer? Idk I'm just throwing stuff out there.

I just feel like some type of compensation should be given to the people that have continued to endure. Rather then destroying everything the worked for and giving them nothing.

Prepare yourself the *you got to keep some servers* are incoming.

On 8/24/2017 at 1:00 AM, Fuzzynut said:

Because these people are a disease to the gaming community. Imagine them actually listening to thier customers instead of being uneducated tools

Look at it from this perspective for a moment, you work for or own studio wilcard a company that has invested millions into a game and you have to protect your investment. Now you've allowed people to play your game for over two years and they have helped you improve your game by exposing exploits, bugs, glitches, flaws and weaknesses in security. You realize people have exposed game breaking things that could potentially negatively affect the official release of the game (remember we all are playing an unofficially released game right now. We'll circle back to that later). I imagine that at this point studio wilcard has realized that the old server which will become legacy servers could potentially negatively affect the official release of the game. All of the exploits, glitches, security weaknesses Duping, DDOS attack etc. could discourage new players from the official release from ever playing the game again. Not to mention all the high-level players on each server that practically control the servers. So what do you do now? Do you continue to run the game as is,  just to keep people already playing the game happy but run the risk of the game becoming so buggy, glitchy, exploited, hacked, DDOS attacked that it is unplayable or do you make the decision to improve the game before its official release and learn from your mistakes so people can continue to play it and enjoy it. Cause remember when we started playing the game before the official release this very this was a reality we all knew we could face one day. Now everyone is giving studio wildcard and these developers a hard time instead of thanking them for allowing you to help build a successful game that you enjoyed playing so much.  I guarantee these decisions were not made lightly but they were the right decisions to help secure the future of the game.

I'm looking forward to going back and starting over and grinding out to become a top player on a server making new alliances and enemies. I still get on and play just for the fun of it even after finding out I won't be able to transfer my stuff while others have given up on the game altogether. I know of too many tribes that were stock piling any thing and everything they could just to go take over a server and they are now pissed cause they cannot.

To believe they are not concerned about customer support shows just how ignorant and uneducated you really are. But by all means, go ahead and continue to complain about studio wildcard because you lost all your imaginary stuff. They listened to fans of their games for over two years and made a great game and I cannot wait to see where they take it next. I hope they continue to make better improvements to the game and continue to listen to their fans while taking into consideration the things that could affect the game in a negative way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

See i dont see it right for those who been here from day one like me who build up there base and been threw bs and just us to be forgotten. I dont see why they just dont let veteran players have like 2 weeks to jump from the old servers to a New one and let us bring like only 10 of our dinos and nothing else. It does give new players time to build and even veteran as well and will make us think on what 10 dinos we want to bring and can bring.

SO, I have paid for it on Xbox and on steam, are you telling me that I will have to now buy scorched earth on my xbox, I have it on my pc,  Can cross play or host with the steam version? it sounds like you need the windows 10 version for cross play, is the steam version now worth less than its xbox equivalent? by the fact that you get a pc version if you buy the xbox version but the steam version which we have all had access to is now only valid on the pc it gives the windows version more value and makes the steam version worth less.. I'm guessing I won't get scorched earth for free on my xbox, even tho I own 3 copies of the game now (xbox windows 10 and steam), and one version of the DLC, how does it work, i bet it ends up costing me..