The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

28 minutes ago, neoblackheart said:

Thank you WIldcard (No this isn't sarcasm) 90% of the people complaining about the old legacy stuff are literal alpha tribe members

Where did you get this statistic? I'm complaining and don't even play official servers... so definitely not in an alpha tribe. Doesn't mean I'm not upset at wildcard for once again failing to uphold their end of a promise to their consumers.

So with kill list Legacy in pc dont have any SE server so RIP phoenix and SE in Legacy server and u should move ur base , stuff and dino to another server that have good population atm but after 3 month its maybe wipe cause they check legacy server population again every 3 month after release . GG ,why u dont tell us this earlier? all of us know why ,because u loose a lot of player, before u destroy ark , ark in steam was in top 5 list of player in game but now its in 13 place 

8 minutes ago, Mastermind42011 said:

Where did you get this statistic? I'm complaining and don't even play official servers... so definitely not in an alpha tribe. Doesn't mean I'm not upset at wildcard for once again failing to uphold their end of a promise to their consumers.

Ok so Not EVERYONE is a Alpha Tribe member. but a good chunk of those playing on official servers that are getting shut down are. Because in 90% of the cases the people on these super lowpop server that are getting shut down the server is run by 1 group. This group has gigas, Wyverns and everything else that is super end game and they don't even want to think that a group can join the server and might one day be able to knock them off their throne of being the best on the server so they wipe them over and over and over again untill that person or group of people leave the server. This is what Alpha tribes do. There are servers that have big tribes that rule the server but they arn't alpha tribes because they don't wipe out everyone else they enjoy people playing and enjoy having pvp matches.

There was on official I can't remember which that had 2 large tribes with multiple gigas and they didn't kill everyone they even hosted pvp events. They setup arenas where small groups could go out and fight and the winner would get a mastercraft longneck rifle crafted for them. These guys I would love to see on a new server even if they kept everything they had because they made an official server fun to play on. They even on multiple occasions would watch a raid to make sure it didn't go to far. They would watch as a group broke into a base and stole stuff. If the group started to destory the entire base just because they would stop them and if they droped everything on the ground just to have the other group not have it the big tribe would go in collect the stuff and give it back to the raided person before it despawned.

Thats what I want to call an alpha tribe and if I EVER made in on official I would either want to be on one that played like that or be part of one. If every Apha Tribe played like that it would be someone I would want to help defend in a big raid because thats the type of group I would love to see on a server.

35 minutes ago, neoblackheart said:

Ok so Not EVERYONE is a Alpha Tribe member. but a good chunk of those playing on official servers that are getting shut down are. Because in 90% of the cases the people on these super lowpop server that are getting shut down the server is run by 1 group. This group has gigas, Wyverns and everything else that is super end game and they don't even want to think that a group can join the server and might one day be able to knock them off their throne of being the best on the server so they wipe them over and over and over again untill that person or group of people leave the server. This is what Alpha tribes do. There are servers that have big tribes that rule the server but they arn't alpha tribes because they don't wipe out everyone else they enjoy people playing and enjoy having pvp matches.

There was on official I can't remember which that had 2 large tribes with multiple gigas and they didn't kill everyone they even hosted pvp events. They setup arenas where small groups could go out and fight and the winner would get a mastercraft longneck rifle crafted for them. These guys I would love to see on a new server even if they kept everything they had because they made an official server fun to play on. They even on multiple occasions would watch a raid to make sure it didn't go to far. They would watch as a group broke into a base and stole stuff. If the group started to destory the entire base just because they would stop them and if they droped everything on the ground just to have the other group not have it the big tribe would go in collect the stuff and give it back to the raided person before it despawned.

Thats what I want to call an alpha tribe and if I EVER made in on official I would either want to be on one that played like that or be part of one. If every Apha Tribe played like that it would be someone I would want to help defend in a big raid because thats the type of group I would love to see on a server.

You make valid points but you try to act like everyone is in your boat, a fair porton of these people play pve, where they aren't dealing with bullying. So I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm simply say in you are failing to look at this from other people's point of view. Pve players who were told servers wouldnt be wiped have pUT thousands of hours into building bases and breeding dinos. Or at least given proper notice if it was gonna be taken down. You can see why they would be upset. If they worried about raiding they wouldn't hve spent that time, if they thought wildcard would give them the shaft they wouldn't have spent that time, but promises were made and time spent.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, ZRISTWI10 said:

I know it's been said a million times that we don't need to re-buy the game, but I paid $30 for EA and the full game is $60 right? So what is to stop someone from buying the EA game today, instead of $60 for the full game in a week? 

Prices have already gone up a month ago. There is no EA price anymore.

Didn't you write a notice saying that we would have at least 30 days to transfer and make our bases? Now we have 5?? And those of us who have stuck it out and supported you in all these changes like them or not we didn't leave and now you are saying if we keep our bases that we have currently we have no customer support. Cannot transfer element and have no rates higher than regular to help us build this new base??? and then to top it all off we cannot even transfer dino's?? This is crap.. You expect for us to keep our word and then you don't.:S

3 hours ago, neoblackheart said:

Pro tip guy most of the alphas were going to the new servers anyways, so they could care less about the wipe. And a lot of the servers, since they hit 50% of the PC official servers, were not low pop servers. Many of these complaints are coming from your average ark users.

23 hours ago, daniel91parker said:

Out of absolute curiosity how many times have you used support?

I personally have had to use it twice But, have also had several tribes mates use it for recovering of accounts and a few of them with glitches used to steal their tribe away from them. The first one I reported was shortly after the game came out on xbox and it was due to a glitch that would kick you if you kicked a tribe member out of the tribe if they where riding a dino. The person that know of this glitch was also the 2nd person in the tribe. So he talked a bunch of BS to the leader and the leader  kicked him after being provoked several times ( a understandable choice ) This however ended up with the leader being kicked and us losing the tribe to him and resulted in all of us being kicked from are tribe. ( they also ignored the request to have the leader reinstated but, could see that the glitch was used to kick the leader and thanked us for are assistance. I quit ark for a few months after that. )  the 2nd time i used a support ticket was when their was a server reset we had one of are tribe members pushed back into one of are alliances tribes. He was in his tribe to help him with a metal run real quick as are allie had no one else on at the time ) after that we recruited are member back into the tribe and just shortly after the rest hit. This made the member in question jump back into are alliances tribe. This  was no big deal as we just re-invited him as we did before but, rather than him rejoining are tribe it accepted the invite to tribe as a merge ( I wasn't leader as well ) and all members who where online joined are alliances tribe and the one who where currently offline where left in my tribe. about 2/3 of the base and for some reason about half of the dinos where transferred over to are alliances tribe even though we had no dinos or structures that where personally owned. So yes I have used it a couple times for major reasons that I'm sure would make 10000000% of people very furious and would make them appreciate the support. ( they also said it would take 10-12 for us to have a interview with a admin for this matter even after waiting 4 days for a response but, thankfully we had a very trust worthy alliance they merged their tribe back to are leader and we demolished there base and gave them their dinos back and the combined forces of both are tribes spent 4 days rebuilding are alliances base. we also checked back to see if we would ever get a response and that question took 5 day to get a reply only to say that are interview can longer be found on the schedule as they wipe out all tickets every 2 weeks. So even after a confirmed interview it was set at a date that would be wiped off the admins schedule as if we never said single thing so ya that could get frustrating.  We however had a far better outcome then we could have but, only because we had amazing allies ) Also the 2nd incident I mentioned only happen one month ago and not when there was even more horrific glitches. I have also lost 2 characters due to glitches during transferring and I didn't even bother making tickets for them.

So now I have to ask, where do you get the balls to think that people don't use the support tickets? There is thousands of posts complaining that their support is terrible ( In my experience they needed allot more support staff to handle the massive amount of tickets pouring in )but, not that it was unwanted and If anything they wanted it to be expanded upon to make the hassle of going through and getting process done on your ticket a whole lot smoother. You know though they got to think about there bottom dollar like a good businesses owner. This I don't blame them for doing as every business must think about profit no matter what but, don't piss on my leg and tell me the dog did it. They should have more pride in that they made a great and very successful game however, they have their flaws and now more them ever they feel the need to piss on there fans and tell them where trying to include every one when I know this is just the bank account looking a little to slim for them

With such short notice, it's yet another example of how Wildcard does _not_ genuinely care about their customers/player-base. While I understand you're running a business, you really need to work on community relations and at least appearing to care; or you're going to end up beating out Comcast. 

Surely you could have made this decision further in advance, Wildcard. I've seen server shutdowns before, but they're usually a month out at the least.

1 hour ago, TheDude88 said:

When you purchased the game prerelease you agreed to there terms thats anything can happen due to it being prerelease and that they can change anything they feel like changing Due to it being a prerelease game ... Its called predevelopment they can do whatever they want to do before full release 

That's true, but not only does WIldcard take full advantage of that, they simply don't even make the pretence of caring.

On 8/24/2017 at 0:09 AM, Amanda632 said:

So I tested your game for 2 years just to get screwed over because you don't want to support those who gave their time test you game and report the issues? I love the game but that's just a Low blow to all of us who don't want to go to the new servers.  You are forcing us out of 2yrs or hard work and don't give 2 damns about it?   What the hells the sense of playing ? You lied saying server server would not be wiped then lied again saying people would be able to move well in advance and you give those ppl who are now screwed not even 6 days to pack up and leave... not to mention only 10% or servers were supposed to be deleted not 33% so glad I invested 3000+ hrs to get the shaft.    And not to mention server caps on most servers won't even allow people to bring there Dinos over! 

@Jat @Jen You guys have given feed back on several matters and this is something if anything needs to be addressed as what is going on right now is just simply wrong. Look through these messages as they are not the constant bickering of people saying updates take for ever or you guys never read my tickets. This is people pouring their heart out saying please don't ruin ark for me and please keep your word. As this game has people invested greatly and the only thing they are asking for is you to stay honest to what you said. Give a extension to these severs. So that people can enjoy the game they put so many days of work and input in making this game great.

@Jen You of all should be the one to speak out on this. You have even responded to several personal matters in the forums. I recall one such post where a member of the forums was calling you impotent in running the forums and you stood your ground and where as proud and vocal as ever. She made several remarks referring to you as a beacon wasted as it is very hard for a women in a lead role at any development studio. This happen around this last thanksgiving and I'm sure you recall as this post when't on constantly calling you out for about 2 weeks. Please show the forums your vocal voice you had last year and this time stand up for the fans of this game. If you don't acknowledge us now why even bother then.

What are the XP/Harvest/Tame rates going to be set at on Official Launch?  Will we see a return of the "new normal" or is it going to revert back to the old school 1x?

Currently XP/Harvest are reset back down to the old school 1x, instead of the "new normal" of 2x.  Let me explain: Bare base xp on old school primative bow is 10xp.  Crafting a bow should net 20xp on the "new normal," but it only nets 10xp.

@Everyone holding onto Legacy... 

in all honesty, Legacy is completely broken and I'm surprised they aren't just wiping the whole thing.  But instead of wiping immediately, they're doing something that seals it's fate to that affect on a more gradual slope.  The sheer amount of duped dinos, duped structure, items, weapons, tek, etc, it's simply and absolutely game breaking.  I don't even enjoy the game due to it.  It's just battle after battle of dupers.  Those that didn't dupe, stand zero chance in hell, against a real group of hardcore dupers with the agenda to wipe you.  Let me put this into perspective.  1 vault of compartments is worth 3.375 million ingots (225 metal x 100 per stack x 150 slots). 1 vault of clusters is worth a little over 30kish advanced rifle rounds when using a grinder with tons of polymer on the side.  In all, spread across 3-4 servers, my tribe alone, have over 500 vaults full of every TEK structure, c4, homing rockets, cluster grenades (stack in 100's), compartments (stack in 100's), refertilizer (stacks in 100's), crop plots, max ascendent saddles, and the list goes on.  Also, what about the 1200 melee base Giga's and Rex?  How do you possibly stand up against that?  Some tribes use entire servers as their personal Dino storage area.  And they're full of these duped tames.  

I hate duping.  I hate the ability to cheat in competitive games.  Before duping, there was the infinite carry weight metal glitch, etc.  If you didn't dupe or cheat, you were left so exponentially behind those that did, that you'd never catch up in literally years of solid grinding/farming, to what a single hour could net you.  And you're completely idiotic to not dupe, if given the knowledge and opportunity, because what choice did you truly have?  Now imagine duping for a solid week, for 10-14 hours a day.  Now imagine for duping 3 separate weeks, because new methods were found each time.  I spent 1000's of hours too in this game on xbox.  But I am 100% happier leaving legacy behind and starting anew.  I pray they actually stop the duping before it can happen or at least are able to systematically and totally eliminate every tribe that does manage to do so.  

52 minutes ago, xXINFIRIXx said:

Any news concerning transfer from one prim+ server to another?

I have almost 200 high lvl bred dino on Server 3 Prim+ that I will not be able to transfer and I hope they allow us to do so before the server gets wiped. 3x weekend helped tremendously however all that work will be lost.

I"m sad to say this may be the nail in the coffin for Ark.  I'm in a small tribe that has been working for the last year in an effort to actually take on some of the bosses.  Because this game is so time consuming and takes so long to get anywhere we are just now ready to start hitting bosses and getting some Tek gear.  But since the game has been so buggy and horribly laggy we have been holding off in the hopes of moving the hundreds of hours of hard work to a new server that didn't lag.  Now it seems we will never realize that dream and wildcard is leaving us to rot.  I know they could make it so everyone could at least transfer their dinos (hard work) to a new server but choose not to.  I don't have the time to once again start all over again.  Thanks WildCard for making the decision to quite this game for me.  You probably saved me hours of wasted time playing this game.

So it means you guys said we would have like a month to move and it's changed into a week, you also said that it would be 10% of the servers it's now 33%.
Oh and i have a ticket open since the beginning of august cause i lost my character who was tribe owner, but apparently i wont ever get back my tribe even if my server wont be deleted.

Seriously you just keep failing at everything you guys say.... 

• Like 1