The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

Your decision to not support Legacy servers after numerous lies and misleads, is causing mass  hysteria. Now people are quoting the game as they feel extremely discouraged and unsupported. Many believe you'll be getting rid of Legacy servers very soon due to your misleading information, how quickly you change your mind, how you keep back tracking on what you say or promise and your lies. Most see the fact you deny support for Legacy as a sign that Legacy servers will be soon cut, as they look at it thinking then what is the point?  I chose PVE for a reason, I want to build and be secure to grow, not be bamboozled into less than 5 days to scramble to another server that most likely will be cut, as well. It's very disappointing rhe amount of lies and how unprepared you guys were. You couldn't even order the servers you were wiping in a clean, clear order to make sense. It's literally like you threw a list together and said here you go, bye. Truly only seems you care for new customers, even though your old customers are what kept your game growing and financed including fixing bugs and giving crucial feedback. You said once this month that you rather pay to keep servers up for people, but instead you lied. So how can people truly have faith when you say one thing and continue to do another. Just don't say anything at all, at that point or don't promise things you don't intend to keep.

If you were wanting to minimize servers, then why didn't you just let people be able to transfer to ANY server for a temporary time period instead of making a whole new section called Legacy Servers? That way people had time to permanently migrate to new servers, be forced to fill those servers up more because you'll then have limited amount of servers that will be available. Then you have people on High populated servers, cut the old ones. If you're going to update Legacy servers with the dupe patches, then I personally don't understand the point. You have been too worried about full release, when your game isn't ready for full release. I would have also been okay with ragnorak being a DLC to buy. Some of these decisions are really going to cost you and it's disappointing because I like the game, but if something like this happens to Legacy or Legacy servers get over ran by "trolls" and abusers, then I am quiting for good. To me there is no point to go to these "new servers" because what you're doing now, can happen to ANY SERVER, including these new ones you're releasing. So logically you're just not able to be trusted because no server regardless of new or Legacy, either or tjem can be wipe at moments notice. So why lose my stuff now and start over, just for this to happen as soon as I build up? I'm not really in for that. 

• Like 1

wild card
noun
noun: wildcard
  1. 1.
    a playing card that can have any value, suit, colour, or other property in a game at the discretion of the player holding it.
    •  

2. 2.
    an opportunity to enter a sports competition without having to take part in qualifying matches or be ranked at a particular level.

Im thinking WC is doing what a wild card does..... turning the game upside down, changing the rules. So disapointed atm with you guys. Wish you will reconsider this.
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 0:02 AM, Razen said:

NO support on legacy servers? So they are just making this to force us to move to new servers...

Read the whole thing. They will support legacy servers with all updates patches and maps/dlc. They are just saying that the customer support ticket team will not fix individual issues on legacy servers, since they need to focus on new server clusters. No worries if you are on legacy, you will get all patches and updates same as new servers.

1 hour ago, Contingency said:

Not condoning duping, that is not the problem here. WC changing stance and promises is. The 11th hour is not when you make changes like this where 1 party loses so much and the other gains. See my previous post on this page. Wish you good luck on the new servers.

It's a tough decision that had to be made. I see ur upset with last minute changes, i was initially too.

They only get one shot at an official launch.

Wiping servers with low pop has to be done from a purely business stand pount. If wc bankrupts running too many servers...gg.

locking out legacy servers from the new officials is a no brainer. And we all know why.

no support for legacy  is an odd move though. I suspect this might change to a more limited role in the future as their revenue stream increases. We'll see.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nick11992 said:

Read the whole thing. They will support legacy servers with all updates patches and maps/dlc. They are just saying that the customer support ticket team will not fix individual issues on legacy servers, since they need to focus on new server clusters. No worries if you are on legacy, you will get all patches and updates same as new servers.

How long have you played this game?

pvp you cant report dupers/cheaters on legacy anymore

pve you cant report griefiers, people pillaring around you, blocking you in your base, building bases out of foundations on all the metal spawns(last one is quite often on my server)

Without support its purge night 24/7

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Klakky said:

How long have you played this game?

pvp you cant report dupers/cheaters on legacy anymore

pve you cant report griefiers, people pillaring around you, blocking you in your base, building bases out of foundations on all the metal spawns(last one is quite often on my server)

Without support its purge night 24/7

I played on a PVE server for well over a year (same server) and not once have I had to report anything. Just deal with it on your own. If you've got toxic people in your server then team up against them. If your server is a poisonous place then leave. Find a better server. A lot of older online games never had a report player service, and you had to take care of things yourself. Stop whining and find a server that you can play on we're people actually help each other out. And don't go saying that there is none. That's just being lazy. If you pick a server where there's people that are problematic and you chose to stay and build and invest that's your own fault.

9 minutes ago, vvvRaidervvv said:

It's a tough decision that had to be made. I see ur upset with last minute changes, i was initially too.

They only get one shot at an official launch.

Wiping servers with low pop has to be done from a purely business stand pount. If wc bankrupts running too many servers...gg.

locking out legacy servers from the new officials is a no brainer. And we all know why.

no support for legacy  is an odd move though. I suspect this might change to a more limited role in the future as their revenue stream increases. We'll see.

I respect what you are stating and the problem is not with what they stated they were going to do. It is with what they are going to end up doing once they got what they needed. It is dishonest and without integrity. Too many people supported them and played accordingly. You cannot make your make your investments into a product, be given partial of what you were promised and have it be an acceptably honest move. It just isn't. So its the disconnect of what was said they would do, the input they got from their audience, then pull the plug when the audience is about to get what they were promised. Support and running too many servers are 2 different things.

Edited by Contingency

2 minutes ago, Nick11992 said:

I played on a PVE server for well over a year (same server) and not once have I had to report anything. Just deal with it on your own. If you've got toxic people in your server then team up against them. If your server is a poisonous place then leave. Find a better server. A lot of older online games never had a report player service, and you had to take care of things yourself. Stop whining and find a server that you can play on we're people actually help each other out. And don't go saying that there is none. That's just being lazy. If you pick a server where there's people that are problematic and you chose to stay and build and invest that's your own fault.

Team up against them? toxic people? why would I leave because someone decided to transfer to a random server to build stone bases on all the mountain metal spawns(after pillar nerf) EDIT: (Would you leave a server you spend a year on and wasted millions of metal on? )
And how exactly do you think I should "team up against them"? if They accepted a declaration of war I could easily take care of it on my own, other than that I fail to see how teaming up would help this situation

Edited by Klakky

Just now, Klakky said:

Team up against them? toxic people? why would I leave because someone decided to transfer to a random server to build stone bases on all the mountain metal spawns(after pillar nerf)
And how exactly do you think I should "team up against them"? if They accepted a declaration of war I could easily take care of it on my own, other than that I fail to see how teaming up would help this situation

Then leave. That's it. Plenty of servers to move to. On my server we have all of the important nodes with pillars nearby but not blocking. This is done in agreement with all the players that make up the larger tribes. This way no one can come in and build in any areas that would be problematic. When you go to a new server check to see if people are doing preventative maintenance like this. If not ask the people who are the mega tribes if they would consider doing it or allow you to. Easy. Like I said I've been on the same server for well over a year..... No issues. Be creative not lazy.

4 minutes ago, Nick11992 said:

Then leave. That's it. Plenty of servers to move to. On my server we have all of the important nodes with pillars nearby but not blocking. This is done in agreement with all the players that make up the larger tribes. This way no one can come in and build in any areas that would be problematic. When you go to a new server check to see if people are doing preventative maintenance like this. If not ask the people who are the mega tribes if they would consider doing it or allow you to. Easy. Like I said I've been on the same server for well over a year..... No issues. Be creative not lazy.

Pillars( even metal) decay in less than 24 hours, if we placed a ceiling they would block recources, there is no fail safe against griefing, if I came to your server with a bunch of quetzls and left them randomly all over your base(with platforms and buildings) how would you deal with it? would you leave your server?

12 minutes ago, Klakky said:

Pillars( even metal) decay in less than 24 hours, if we placed a ceiling they would block recources, there is no fail safe against griefing, if I came to your server with a bunch of quetzls and left them randomly all over your base(with platforms and buildings) how would you deal with it? would you leave your server?

I have no need to continue building. So quetzals are not a problem for me. And pillars will not Decay if there's someone online. Notice how I said Mega tribes should be the ones to pillar the nodes? I said that because Mega tribes typically have someone on every 4 hours if not constantly. There is nothing you can say or do to my server because we take care of it. Here's my final points before I decide to stop reading these posts... If you can take the time to try to come up with ways to negatively impact a server such as you just did, why not use that same creativity to counteract it preemptively. If you properly set up your bases, your important resource nodes, and make an effort to create a positive PVE experience with the other tribes on your server, you can prevent just about anything. And the more people on your server that think in this way, the easier it will be to solve problems before they begin. You cannot deny the fact that there are successful PVE servers that have been going since day one that when properly maintained are great place to play this game with little worry of griefers. I seriously suggest that you spend some time looking for a GOOD server and strive to keep it that way. Seriously, I do hope you find one and enjoy it like the players on my server. I'm planning on moving to a new Ragnarok server when the game releases. If you play on Windows or Xbox, hit me up and once I find a good server and set it up I'll send you an invite.

Edited by Nick11992

I think it's also pretty amazing that this thread is now one of the hottest commented announcement threads ever, in just 24 hours, and still not one word from the development team with any word for the countless upset customers. The best we get is a pre-half-hearted apology as literally hundreds of people sit here condemning the lying being done by @Jat and the team about release dates, server support, and deleting of more servers then told, with less reaction time then told, and that's on top of directly saying they wouldn't be messed with before that if they had a population.

• Like 1

Just now, Nick11992 said:

I have no need to continue building. So quetzals are not a problem for me. And pillars will not Decay if there's someone online. Notice how I said Mega tribes should be the ones to pillar the nodes? I said that because Mega tribes typically have someone on every 4 hours if not constantly. There is nothing you can say or do to my server because we take care of it. Here's my final points before I decide to stop reading these posts... If you can take the time to try to come up with ways to negatively impact of server such as you just did, why not use that same creativity to counteract it preemptively. If you properly set up your bases, your important resource nodes, and make an effort to create a positive PVE experience with the other tribes on your server, you can prevent just about anything. And the more people on your server that think in this way, the easier it will be to solve problems before they begin. You cannot deny the fact that there are successful PVE servers that I've been going since day one that when properly maintained are great place to play this game with little worry of griefers. I seriously suggest that you spend some time looking for a GOOD server and strive to keep it that way. Seriously, I do hope you find one and enjoy it like the players on my server. I'm planning on moving to a new Ragnarok server when the game releases. If you play on Windows or Xbox, hit me up and once I find a good server and set it up I'll send you an invite.

even mega tribes as you say(there's none on my servers) dont go to a certain area every 24h, doesnt matter, my point is not all servers have tribes with 10+ people, so going to the place where they placed pillars( especially with this new "feature" where people dont need to demolish anything it gets auto destroyed after the timer goes out, my point is its going to get worse without any support

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mastermind42011 said:

I think it's also pretty amazing that this thread is now one of the hottest commented announcement threads ever, in just 24 hours, and still not one word from the development team with any word for the countless upset customers. The best we get is a pre-half-hearted apology as literally hundreds of people sit here condemning the lying being done by @Jat and the team about release dates, server support, and deleting of more servers then told, with less reaction time then told, and that's on top of directly saying they wouldn't be messed with before that if they had a population.

I do agree with you on this. But when you're dealing with a small company you have to learn to expect there to be problems when it comes to dates, and even promises. I too was very disappointed when the dates were pushed back repeatedly. I've been wanting to play on Ragnarok for a while now (Xbox). They are not ignoring their community though. It is impossible to make everyone happy. There are some people who want all the servers to be wiped and start completely over launch day. I'm not one of those. But if you look carefully you will see that they took both sides into consideration and had to make a decision. Like it or not this was their solution which by no means makes everyone happy. Of course I wish that they gave people more time to make their adjustments before the launch date, but seeing how much of a time crunch there on I'm not surprised. Point is, there are bound to be disappointments along the way, but if you really like the game you'll stick around. I know I am.

Edited by Nick11992

I feel there is a lack of clarity with the topic of legacy-accessible ragnorok servers. In the past WC said they would have support for the legacy servers in terms of new content and dlc. But now they are saying no support for legacy and I am curious if this also includes the new content and dlc. They have changed their minds on things before so I Could see it happening. 

The dupers have ruined Ark so I am actually in support of forcing everyone to start over if they want to play the new content. Either that or someone delete every duped item in the game. If Legacy has access to ragnarok then all we are going to get is new content ruined by old problems. No one needs a ragnarok server packed with duped gigas and wyverns and unraidable bases packed with millions of rounds of duped ammo. Leave it in legacy, i say!

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, MrWrath said:

I feel there is a lack of clarity with the topic of legacy-accessible ragnorok servers. In the past WC said they would have support for the legacy servers in terms of new content and dlc. But now they are saying no support for legacy and I am curious if this also includes the new content and dlc. They have changed their minds on things before so I Could see it happening. 

The dupers have ruined Ark so I am actually in support of forcing everyone to start over if they want to play the new content. Either that or someone delete every duped item in the game. If Legacy has access to ragnarok then all we are going to get is new content ruined by old problems. No one needs a ragnarok server packed with duped gigas and wyverns and unraidable bases packed with millions of rounds of duped ammo. Leave it in legacy, i say!

The OP of this thread clearly states that Legacy servers will not receive Customer Support, that is the support ticket system where you ask for help, and that legacy servers will still receive future updates, fixes and content, including Ragnarok and new DLCs.

• Like 1

Thank you WIldcard (No this isn't sarcasm) 90% of the people complaining about the old legacy stuff are literal alpha tribe members that are upset that the base they made from the tears of everyone else are being taken away. They complain that after they finnally made it so no new people will join a server and that their group is the only one that plays on it is getting removed. If they were nice about it and let pvp happen the way it should instead of wiping people constantly so that no one wants to play on their pvp server or pillar spam enough so that no one can build on their pve server then this wouldn't happen. IF your server was the nice server that had a large group of friendly players there wouldn't be any issues and everyone would be happy.

As for the old servers not being linked to the new servers. Old servers are just that old. They have old saves that are likely going to be in a different format than what they want to put the new saves under to make it less corruptable also they want to make it so new people coming in won't have to worry about people day one on a new server having a full metal base with gigas and wyverns being max level.

This is the best thing that could happen in my opinion. They didn't wipe the old servers and are only shuting down ones that only 1 tribe play on. On top of that they are putting them on a seperate cluster so anyone new coming in can now start fresh and not worry have to deal with alpha tribes already being setup and running that they have to worry about.

28 minutes ago, GP said:

He didn't say anything about funding the game,  he said about founded the game, there's a difference.

It was a combined effort. Devs created content, players gave feedback as to what was needed and where it needed to go. Without players Ark would have been the great game it has become, nor would have it garnished the attention it commands. Without the devs Ark would have not existed at all. The players that have funded and helped founding this game are betrayed by the devs actions that are now to transpire. Really low move.