The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

18 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

No support for legacy servers? Why not?

So many have destroyed the soon to be legacy servers by duping items. They are waiting for every one to be tired of these servers as they soon will go up in a large smoldering dung heap. This will lead to them being able to shut larger and larger amounts of servers down as people quit or move to populate these brand new servers. This is going to be in essence there way of wiping the servers with out getting to much blood on their hands as people have poured there blood and sweat into these servers. Also its more of a money thing to be honest. They have posted what it costs them to run these servers and to be honest a bigger number in the bank account never made anyone sad but, I personally would have preferred them pulling the trigger now and do the full wipe then have them smiling and saying we do care about every one, even the little guy as they slowly slit are wrists as they turn there head away to look towards the money.

8 minutes ago, anirishknight said:

From the post it self.

Important Customer Support Legacy Information
When the current servers become Legacy servers on the 29th, we will no longer offer Customer Support to these Legacy servers. All outstanding tickets to our Customer Support team will be wiped clean on launch day, and no future tickets submitted by those playing on Legacy servers will be accepted. Going forward our Customer Support team will be focused on assisting those present on the new cluster, which will not be plagued by many of the issues that occurred during the Early Access process. Unfortunately it is beyond the scope of our operation to continue to offer support on Legacy servers at this time.

Yeah i kind went over two points lol, I was meant to say legacy servers will still be supported for the new maps. Not sure how or even why i wrote low priority ? 

12 minutes ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

So many have destroyed the soon to be legacy servers by duping items. They are waiting for every one to be tired of these servers as they soon will go up in a large smoldering dung heap. This will lead to them being able to shut larger and larger amounts of servers down as people quit or move to populate these brand new servers. This is going to be in essence there way of wiping the servers with out getting to much blood on their hands as people have poured there blood and sweat into these servers. Also its more of a money thing to be honest. They have posted what it costs them to run these servers and to be honest a bigger number in the bank account never made anyone sad but, I personally would have preferred them pulling the trigger now and do the full wipe then have them smiling and saying we do care about every one, even the little guy as they slowly slit are wrists as they turn there head away to look towards the money.

Out of absolute curiosity how many times have you used support?

1 minute ago, daniel91parker said:

Out of absolute curiosity how many times have you used support?

How many times have you called the cops on your neighbor? It is not about ever having to use it, it is about the deterrent factor and about legacy servers getting the shaft. Why would they not need supported if they were going to be a viable option for people in the future. If I read between the lines correctly what I really read was, "stay on legacy until the new people can get established, then be wiped and forced to the other cluster.

Cool, I feel like I have just been kicked in the balls. I have gotten really far in a matter of the few days with xp and what not boosted on pve/us/936 only to go through the list and see that it's getting wiped. Really? Just when I got back into enjoying the game after a long period of time of not play it, this happens. Awesome.

Well time to put this game down for good then and wait until 2018 so I can play Monster Hunter Worlds. Get bent Wildcard.

6 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

How many times have you called the cops on your neighbor? It is not about ever having to use it, it is about the deterrent factor and about legacy servers getting the shaft. Why would they not need supported if they were going to be a viable option for people in the future. If I read between the lines correctly what I really read was, "stay on legacy until the new people can get established, then be wiped and forced to the other cluster.

You realise it's a game, what are you going to do if they refuse you support? leave the game, say the game is crap/ say the company is crap? or just plod on. comparing support to cops is funny and retarded.

Wow really?? My server isn't up there, but basically your giving us the middle finger when your own Customer Support don't do poop as it is!! The Customer Support for your game is a giant lie, I submitted a ticket for a Mosa a good couple months or so back that was stuck (not on anything mind you, but just stuck out in the water unable to be ridden or follow) and what happened? towards the end of the month long after it died I finally get a response. Not only that, but there are still Duper's on my server and I have submitted numerous tickets about this and yet nothing has been done. After all of that you've basically waved us off, saying your on your own we're gonna focus on the new players instead of the ones who put time and effort into helping you make this game into the game it is today. If what I said isn't true then just complete the tickets people have submitted and stop the Duper problem going on on pretty much every server.

43 minutes ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

The problem with that is once the Legacy servers go up your stuck in them. They basically want you to start over on a new server with new character and everything.

2 hours ago, Grekerr said:

I dont see the problem here. They could have wiped everything, but instead they found a solution that works for most

If the server you play on have 10 or less people just download the save and make a private one

All this damn whining

The problem people have is with Wildcard lying. We were told we'd have 30 days notice of eviction, which turned into 5 days as of last night. We were told they'd only be wiping and re-purposing servers that were completely dead. and that would only amount to 10% of the worst servers. Now its 33%.  Jat gave a full throated promise that these legacy servers would have FULL SUPPORT just like the new servers where the only difference would be you can't transfer from legacy to new. 

Ark 5.JPG

• Like 1

I have to agree with everyone else that stopping support on the game for legacy servers is a kick in the teeth to all of us that have been helping to better the game and we even paid WILDCARD for the privilege to do so.  Honestly if you are going to stop support then you should have just shut down all the servers and started fresh and given players who were on the old server a level 80 character with full tek gear on the new servers with a starter of building items to get them going.  But stopping support and basically saying "hey the servers are going to be crap but we dont care about you and how you helped us" is pure bullpoop and you really should just give everyone here their money back for your ignorance and for taking advantage.  I will definately be reporting WILDCARD to the better business bureau and i suggest everyone else do the sameif you want your money back.

Can we please have a new Q&A  from Jeremy #Jen as can us legacy server players please get a game save of each server so we can transfer our saved game data to a single player host option this my be one way to save some dedicated survivors from se/ se pve. Otherwise me and tribe members are done. Because hay what the hell is the point in carrying on when the server is screwed because of people building and breeding bigger than the game can handle some issues here still need a resolve and WC is diving for a belly flop rather than that perfect score!

Personally to me its the lying that seems to be the main problem, they say 1 thing and do the complete opposite. Why not just say they want to get rid of legacy servers to help costs and would like players to move onto the new servers upon release, or allow players to keep theyre character and say 2 - 5 dino's (within reason) to transfer possibly as an achievement or thankyou for the 2 years of basically play testing a game work in progress. But since the announcement many are kicking off in forums, destroying theyre stuff/ killing theyre dino's so baiscally quitting the game and not coming back as they have no faith in a gaming company and with all the games announced for release many will move onto something different.

Within weeks the new cluster is gonna look like the legacy one. Dupe everywhere. Nothings gonna change. You just buying yourself a few weeks break.

Imo they total jerks about the already not really helpfull support service, and additionaly sguting it down for all those people who helped them making the game what it is. Without us all they would have no money for the game or enough information about the game-play itself. 

But what do we know.

I agree man, they

21 hours ago, Karnivore said:

What the hell happened to servers would only need a few people per weeks and you would " keep the servers open for that one person "?

My SE server is on here and it never has zero pop and now we all have to move?

Will you allow us to xfer our non xferable items like element and wyvern talons ? 

Quote from the state of the ark

We will also be taking steps to remove some of our ‘ghost town’ servers, where the player population has remained near-zero for an extended duration of time. We’ll take a look at the statistics and will be repurposing 10% of the lowest count servers across all platforms

Supported SE form the minute it came out, sever is never near-zero for an extended duration of time.  

and now on release, with the phoenix i have been waiting months and months for, i have no base and i stand to loose all of my non xferable stuff... just awesome

i agree, this is a stupid move, the only saving grace is we will get a copy to rehost

3 hours ago, daniel91parker said:

You realise it's a game, what are you going to do if they refuse you support? leave the game, say the game is crap/ say the company is crap? or just plod on. comparing support to cops is funny and retarded.

The reason I am so passionate is because I love the game. The game is great, the game makers make lots of horrible decisions, though.

2 hours ago, TheDude88 said:

All i have to say is you all agreed to terms when you decided to play a prerelease game funny how many you are complaining !

But I changed the way I played expecting the to keep their promises. This was not an omission or missed deadline, this was an intentional choice to do something they promised they would not do. Can you please tell me where in the terms of service it says I agree to just go along if the developers flat out lie? I could not find that section.