The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

You have got to be kidding me... I have been on holidays from work and put in over 100 hours in a week for literally nothing. This is the first time I haven't been falling over assholes on packed servers and actually got a good thing going for a change. Why was my server 909 on x3 everything for the past week? "Hey! Come build 3 times more poop to watch it disappear"

I have pre ordered the collectors edition of the game and if I can't get a refund, I swear to god I will burn it in the raptoring streets if this server gets wiped. I am livid. Just so you can save a few quid. The bank balance should be doing alright charging €180 for a notepad and a necklace from China.

You have finally killed this game for me.

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, HeatherJo said:

People expect a working game that actually functions for one.  This game is in no way ready for a full realese and expecting the game to actually function upon release  isn't unrealtic or demanding.  

When the game releases, people have every right to be mad if it is still filled with bugs, but that's besides the point i was trying to prove here.

The point is, some people expect the game to be fully functional during the development stages, and completely ignores the  sticker that says that the game might not work at all, WILL be filled with bugs, and that it may or may not be completed.

However, when 'any' game releases, filled with bugs that requires massive workarounds and such, people have a right to complain. Why not get involved and report bugs sooner then? To help the developers squash said bugs before release? Not a lot of people think like that.

Lucky lol i think your your definition of lucky is off.  It would be far better to actually do a 100% wipe then the mess they are creating.  You completely misunderstand I actually don't mind the wipe at all even expected it, it's the horrific mess they have created in the way they are doing it that was complete unespccesary.  

I agree, a 100% wipe would be better, which is what i've been pushing for since the start.

However, even if they did a 100% wipe, people would still bitch and moan about it. That's kind of the point here, which is why i said 'lucky', as other developers wipe their games 100% not just before release, but between dev stages as well.

And I'm so tired of hearing that we don't understand early access haha give me a break I too have beta tested endkess games over decades whoop Dee do for you.   I have however never encountered one like ark in its overall disregard for its early access players.  I have tolerated and stood by wildcard on so many issues under the  understanding that yes of course this is a pre release.  That doesn't take away from the poor decisions they are making in transforming what was once a fantastic game into one that isn't that interesting anymore.  A lot of us were just trying for years to give them actual beneficial feedback that the overall community agreed would improve the game.  Something most companies take into account during early acces.  

But there are a lot of people who don't understand Early Access. Early Access is just another lazy term for Alpha and Beta.

I am by no means a fanboy, don't get me wrong, but when i see so many replies from people who can't stand the thought of losing everything they built up DURING THE DEVELOPMENT STAGES OF A GAME i get a bit irritated.

I've been trying to push them into replying about some nasty bugs on the Xbox One as well without much luck, but it wasn't game breaking. I could still play the game without it ruining the main experience.

There is so much information, right infront of your eyes when you look at games in Early Access on Steam or Game Preview on Xbox Live, it's amazing that people are actually able to completely ignore the warnings.

While we may all be different, we're all born with two eyes, usually on the front side of the face. However, these complaints about certain trivial things and the server wipe. I think some might be born sitting on their eyes.. 

And this modern definaition of "pre release" is a joke,  it's just a way for companies to fund their product because they don't have enough business savvy to actually fund their endeavor prior to development.  They aren't actually interested in a collaborative development model they just wnat the money. 

All developers have to start somewhere.

Is that wrong, though? No. It's business. Plain and simple.

The development cycles are still the same, regardless of how they go about it on the business side of it.

Most developers who start out doesn't have the backing of a well known publisher or major investors. Studio Wildcard was bought up by Snail Games USA, after they released ARK on Early Access if memory serves me right.

Pre-release and Early Access are two different things.

Pre-release is a version of the game, released to pre-order customers, prior to the official release. Such as a head-start, where they get to play the game before those who did not pre-order. It will still require a big update on release. Think of it as a movie being shown to a specific audience, before it's scheduled release.

Early Access, as i've explained previously, are the lazy term for Alpha and Beta but using one single term for both stages. Note: In some cases it may even cover pre-alpha for those developers wanting to get the pre-alpha build out to people to get feedback.

So no. I am not convinced you fully understand how it all works.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Grekerr said:

I dont see the problem here. They could have wiped everything, but instead they found a solution that works for most

If the server you play on have 10 or less people just download the save and make a private one

All this damn whining

they lied, that's the problem. if theyd have stuck to their original 10% of "ghost towns" then I can guarantee there wouldn't be much whining... 

• Like 1

Okay so I have an important question since I'm unclear of the process with servers who are on the kill list and do not migrate. I have maybe over 1000 building materials and 5k ingots+crystal in chests I was going to use for the legacy ragnarok map, if I choose not to migrate to a non kill list legacy server, and my server gets wiped on launch, will all of my materials in the chests be gone? And also will I be able to use the save file on single player? I'm also on Xbox and I don't have any other console to host a player dedicated so I was curious if my countless hours of farming this past month for ragnarok would be wasted

15 hours ago, Hawkin said:

This is some of the Dirtiest Stuff wildcard has done (which is saying alot) They wait until 5 days before they delete the servers to present this list. Then they announce that 33% of all servers will be deleted instead of the previously announced 10%.

Wildcard is one of the worse gaming companies I have come across.

I am confused about how they calculate the 33%. when I open my joining screen for Ark and click the 'Official servers only' sort, I get just over 900 servers, I copied the list of servers being killed off to an excel spreadsheet so I could quickly see how many servers were getting killed, there are over 450. So a quick calculation shows me that this is just over 50% of the servers are being killed off. Answers please @Jat @Jen .... oh and is customer support ever going to respond to my 20 day old ticket asking for help with my level 100 character that was lost in a server transfer?

2 minutes ago, KingDavido said:

I am confused about how they calculate the 33%. when I open my joining screen for Ark and click the 'Official servers only' sort, I get just over 900 servers, I copied the list of servers being killed off to an excel spreadsheet so I could quickly see how many servers were getting killed, there are over 450. So a quick calculation shows me that this is just over 50% of the servers are being killed off. Answers please @Jat @Jen .... oh and is customer support ever going to respond to my 20 day old ticket asking for help with my level 100 character that was lost in a server transfer?

They used server ranks, see my post about it:

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Grekerr said:

I dont see the problem here. They could have wiped everything, but instead they found a solution that works for most

If the server you play on have 10 or less people just download the save and make a private one

All this damn whining

I have no problem with massive wipes/server removals and despite having a sour taste in my mouth, I expected it at some point. That being said, a few things need to be put in perspective here.

1) Legacy Servers.
As soon as they made the announcement that current servers would be turned into Legacy not connected to newer ones, most servers actually saw a major drop in their playerbase. Countless tribes just left the game waiting on new servers to come up. Yes we are all aware of the rampant and shady moves used by countless players but the fact remain that this (new servers launch) single factor alone could have messed up the statistics upon which they based their decision regarding which servers were to be removed.

2) Transparency & consistency.
A lot of players, myself included were relieve at the idea to keep our good old servers and had high expectations regarding some announcements made by WC. Some of which included special care for niche gamemodes such as Hardcore, Primitive, P+ to name a few. We were also told that Legacy servers would receive full and complete support in the future.

I honestly see no point in removing Hardcore servers to force those of us on them to start again. 95% of the actual playerbase/tribes even with all the easy ressources available (web, increased farming/taming rates, etc) don't have what it takes to make it more than a few hours at best. I fail to see how new comers with ZERO experience stand a remote chance on playing there. Yes there are WAY too many HC servers but removing them all at once is a bit extreme. WC could at the very minimum keep 1 server for each of those niche gamemodes and call it a day.

Yet, both of those statement were outright ignored by WC for unknown reasons. I am in no way trying to be a white knight, but I am not suprised they are dropping the ball regarding the support of Legacy servers. The situation with aformentionned exploits and shady tricks might partially explain it, at least in my opinion.

3) Server list.
Regarding Jen's post and the infamous list of servers. A few interesting things and contractions came along with it. Here are two that bothers me a lot.

17 hours ago, Jen said:

Taking Down Low Pop Servers

These lower population servers make up about 33% of the existing online servers, with calculations based on sustained player-count as well as popularity of game mode. These servers will be taken offline and be re-purposed for new, fresh servers that will be put up on launch day. Any existing server that is not considered a low pop server and is not taken down will become a Legacy server.

/snip....

Allocation of New Servers
We know you are all very curious about this, but we don’t have this information ready to share quite yet. What I can tell you is that we plan to continue to support all current existing game modes in some capacity, so you won’t lose access to your favourite way to play the game. In the beginning we will be mainly focusing our efforts on strictly PVP and PVE servers on all maps, but will allocate servers to the other game modes based on their popularity.

On one hand they said that niche gamemodes would be treated apart because 99% of them are among the least popular ones, yet every single Hardcore/Primitive/P+ servers with a few minor exceptions are on the chopping block. Furthermore, they claim that they wish to support all current existing gamemodes, yet they just rocketed most of them today.

Does that mean they will only support the remaining ones? Will Hardcore get a new life with the upcoming launch? I don't expect any answers from WC as we just learned our fate today after 3 weeks of complete radio silence.

Conclusion.
As I said at the start of my post, I don't mind server wipes and servers deletions as they are part of the developement cycle of a video game. What I have a hard time to deal with is the weather vane attitude WC has been adopting recently regarding critical decisions in regards to their community. If they announced total and complete wipe in the first place, we wouldn't be in today's situation.

@ WC | The next time you make statements, can you please have a minimum of professionalism and ethic and stick to your own words?

Regards
Darkholis, proud Ark player since Day 1 with 3.5k hours into it.

****Appologies for the poor typing as english is not my main language. Thank you for your understanding.****

Probably going to tell us that if we don't tranfer and restart on a new server we have to rebuy everything all over again at the new price as well.. thnx for screwing everyone that gave their money and time to you so you could develop a game 

I think. The founding  players should be able to at least  keep their player level and points . Achievements  if forced to start  new, cause there's no way I can transfer in that short of notice nor do I wish to with no support and can only imagine the overload these servers will have

15 hours ago, DopeX said:

Really Wildcard gtfo and do whatever you want! Like some already says, you kick all your alpha testers in the face by stopping the support of legacy servers, you NEVER mentioned that before. Oh my god, this company now even stand behind Electronic Arts or Ubisoft now for me. What the heck were you thinking when you decided to stop support to legacy servers? And whats with the people who wrote tickets weeks ago? 

Worst support ever, really. You can collect money from you sheeps but then you let them starve to death? That was the last time i bought a game from your company and i will tell everybody of my friends to never throw money on you again. 

Your information politics is such a big bull...

You know what i really hope now? 

That hackers go DDos all your new server and kill your release, so that you get the next poopstorm you deserve!! 

And i am totally sure your new netcode will work like nothing. 

Really guys, put all people who helped you develope your alltime broken game in the trash is not working. 

One day you say this, other day you say this. 

You dont answer tickets for months and now just say you stop helping your alpha testers you payed your food the whole time while you tried to fix thousands of bugs? 

I know you give a poop about it, but you must live with it, that many many many players with thousands of hours on your game will be...lets say a little bit angry about your support politics. 

It would be a nice move to even answer the tickets the people already send weeks and months ago. I still got tribemembers who lost their account over 1 month ago and they didnt even get ONE answer from you.

Really, i start thinking, you just hired the persons who even were too bad for Donald Trump for your stuff. 

God i am so angry right now Jeremy Stiegwhateveryouwant and your lazy employees.

I really hope the release launch will totally crash you and will give you weeks without sleep. 

Best regards,

me, who had trust in you for months/years.

Oh gawd I hate quoting long ranty self proclaimed posts.

But here goes.

Support for legecy server will still be a thing, however it's going to be low priority. Be thankful that they aren't actually wiping every server and starting fresh. This by far would have been the easiest.

Comparing WildCard to EA or Ubisoft, is like comparing a corner shop to supermarkets yeah they sell the same thing in general but supermarkets have a bigger customer base, more product and more staff. Also take note ark is self published using ID@Xbox.

What have you got to be angry at? You bought into a game that is in early access, It even says when you buy the game there is NO support for the title. Obviously game previews aren't for you.

Wishing for the release day to go bad and that WC staff don't get sleep for a week, what kind of twisted person wishes for that, and from the dog mess you wrote above I can only assume it's because you are upset from them not providing legacy server support.

Now what i hope, I hope sombody at WC bans your accout from official servers but that's just me hoping.

Good day you ungrateful 10yo.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, daniel91parker said:

Support for legecy server will still be a thing, however it's going to be low priority. Be thankful that they aren't actually wiping every server and starting fresh. This by far would have been the easiest.

From the post it self.

Important Customer Support Legacy Information
When the current servers become Legacy servers on the 29th, we will no longer offer Customer Support to these Legacy servers. All outstanding tickets to our Customer Support team will be wiped clean on launch day, and no future tickets submitted by those playing on Legacy servers will be accepted. Going forward our Customer Support team will be focused on assisting those present on the new cluster, which will not be plagued by many of the issues that occurred during the Early Access process. Unfortunately it is beyond the scope of our operation to continue to offer support on Legacy servers at this time.

• Like 1