The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

I have had this game from the first day, and now I am going to be unable to keep playing on the servers that I love for example scorched 897, it wasn't empty always 10-30 people playing on it. But it is on the kill list.....thank you .....  And my center server is already getting waves and waves of new people and it's getting so laggy it makes it hard to play.....and now no support?  Just stab me in the heart....... or the back....maybe both....I would be ok with it if from the very beginning they said one thing and stuck with it....

Edited by Silverjenjungle
added comment
  • Facepalm 1

I was one of the players that started when Ark got out. 2 years and more than 5000 hours is what Ive put into this game. There has been alot of sad things happen but also alot of happy things, both personal and game wise. Ive told about bugs, I have done and followed all the ways WC have led us through these years. Done some complaining, yeah, I have, but Ive always resigned and thought that perhaps WC knows what they are doing after all.

Now it is obvious that Im a very naive person. Ive told others that: "noway, WC will let us oldies (ppl that played long time) just hang. Im sure they are happy with all the inputs they've gotten from us so no way they will fail us. They will hopefully reward us somehow." Yeah, bite me. I was totally wrong. Who knows the reward might be a new skin, the flaregun skin in pink maybe? Ugh, seriously WC, how can you do this to us?

And another thing... what will all players say to ppl around them, when this happens? By this I mean, if I hear a friend asking me "how is Ark?", what would the answer be do you think? For every person who thinks bad of the service; 50 more will soon think alike. For every person who thinks good about the service maybe 3 persons will think alike. This is something I learn when studying custumerservice. Sorry to say but WC is lacking in the custumerservice department, and that is so sad :(

Edited by Angelheart

It was a game preview, yeah, but the time people put in it for around two years doesn't just disappear, I get the feeling that the current player base is just being pushed out little by little to move on just to accommodate the "new players" however many they are, I doubt they will be as large, long lasting and loyal as the current player base.  We are still here for a reason. 

As for the legacy method, I think it is good for PVP because it is multiplayer-competitive, but for PVE??? not necessary at all for PVE, what for? If anything current player would be pave the way for all the new players, from a thatch house to tek is a LONG LONG WAY.

I think PVE should be open for all servers PVE, let people move to new servers (the new, laggy-glitch free ones) and then wipe old, low populated ones if you want, introduce all ddos, transfer fixes and full support for all. 

And how about some loyalty in-game rewards?  Im not talking about simple skins, since your recycle-able player base is now pissed off. 

Anyways, hopefully people won't move away from Ark since Destiny 2 and other games are coming back. 

• Like 1

I seriously can't believe they are doing this. I've been playing since the game first came to computer. Then I downloaded it on my xbox the very day it was released. TWO YEARS!!! Two years playing on a pve primitive server. With how few servers for primitive pve you're leaving up, do you really think there will be enough room for everyone to transfer there dinos and save them?? Seriously? This is BS! Why have all these breeding and taming events if you're just going to kill off the dinos we breed or tame. Not even EA would do something like this. And they are the kings of screwing their player base. And it was posted all over online in july that you would not wipe any servers. I am tempted to demand a refund. You can't give me back the years I spent playing this game, but you can sure as hell give me back my money.

• Facepalm 1

On 8/23/2017 at 9:51 PM, Freya said:

You are honestly telling us to transfer servers when literally 10 days ago I lost my character over a simple transfer and you guys were still not able to reply to the ticket? 10 days and it took me less to level back up to 100.

Edited by just1dude
  • Facepalm 1

I spent my whole ark on my sever just to have it get taken down? You guys have a screw lose somewhere. It's kinda hard to have to demo everything from your base and move because you don't get 100% material back so I'm not getting 100% of my base back. I know you guys don't really care about what the players think. Just be nice to not get screwed over because developers can't figure out what they do and don't want. 

Well this is my research results:

WC took servers Ranks and not population directly, I am not sure how Ranks are asigned (if somebody knows how they are asigened, please clarify this). Think this was an automated list, nothing were reviewd with human criteria, looks like they just filetered an excel, just like i did.... they left only 26 from 61 PVE server, THATS MORE THAN HALF!!! I feel Scamed because SE is a PAID DLC SERVER!!! They gives priority to The Center thats is a Free DLC??? COME ON!! #WANTMYMONEYBACK @Jat @TheRightHand @Jeremy Stieglitz @Casanova @Jen

Here the list of Scorched Servers PVE, thanks to https://www.battlemetrics.com

unknown.png

• Facepalm 1

So can someone tell me for xbox console how exactly is the 29th going to happen? 

So if I read it all, official servers will be taken down at 12AM EST on Tuesday Aug. 29th, they will be back after approx. 8 hours, so at around 8am EST the servers will be back online.  During those 8 + - hours all the work on the servers will be done.

- Is the game update (ragnarok data + latest patch) for the xbox OUT for download during or before these 8 hours start running? Is that when we download it?

- And if so, lets say we download the update during that (8 hrs) time, time hits 8am EST on the 29th, and the servers are also up now, are we then all set to start playing?

Im just trying to have a clear time-line about this day.

I wish there was some silver lining for legacy servers, and I don't think "Wildcard" has played their final card on what are soon to be "Legacy" servers. It'd be nice to see 2x or 3x permanently for legacy servers since apparently duping is rampant enough that the game economy is so infected that they choose to isolate it from the "clean" servers and not support it... How do we know there won't be another culling of servers next time Wildcard needs to expand into the "cash flow" territory? If we aren't on the list this time, and we don't move like lemmings to the piper's tune, what assurance do we have that our server is clear of future interference?

14 hours ago, Steve431 said:

So legacy won't get the DDoS protection or better transfering only the new cluster? Way to take a huge dump on the players that got you through to launch and tested your game for you. Good to know that the players that took a gamble and bought a game preview and did your testing for you aren't as important as the ones that waited until the dirty work was done to purchase the game.

maybe finish reading, bud

AHHAAH 
We look forward to fostering a fair and fun community with the beginning of our brand new ARK cluster on launch day. We very much appreciate your support of ARK through its Early Access process.  "

FIX DUPING methodes / DDOS / under the mesh raid/bases / hacking. THEN you will only have a fair and fun community.