The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

All that hard work 1000s of hours building and grinding.

Our base has withstood for over a year and a half. Its freakin huge.

YOU ARE KICKING US OUT OF OUR HOME!!!!!!!! 

TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS ON NEW SERVERS? 

Suffered thru horrendous lag, fought off dupers and ENDLESS DCing only for you to throw us out WITH A FEW DAYS NOTICE!!!! 

You guys are wrong. So wrong on this decision. 

I can tell you we wont be transferring ANYTHING. We would rather watch it all vanish and be done with this game AND done with wildcard once and for all.

Sincerely

one pissed EX ark player

9 hours ago, Hawkin said:

This is some of the Dirtiest Stuff wildcard has done (which is saying alot) They wait until 5 days before they delete the servers to present this list. Then they announce that 33% of all servers will be deleted instead of the previously announced 10%.

Wildcard is one of the worse gaming companies I have come across.

i am sorry but i have to agree on that :|

In the state of the game post Jat commented ....

"We'll be making a new PvP Cluster, and the current PvP one will become a legacy cluster (indicating that the servers are not fresh on retail launch). PvE will not go through that process, and for now will remain as is, though if there are 'ghost-town' PvE servers, they may get repurposed. Keep in mind with PvE; it's not entirely set in stone and if things change, we'll indicate it as such. All PvE players need to know right now is that they're not getting wiped, and they will be able to access the new content."

So what happened to PVE servers not becoming Legacy?

1 minute ago, 222infantry said:

All that hard work 1000s of hours building and grinding.

Our base has withstood for over a year and a half. Its freakin huge.

YOU ARE KICKING US OUT OF OUR HOME!!!!!!!! 

TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS ON NEW SERVERS? 

Suffered thru horrendous lag, fought off dupers and ENDLESS DCing only for you to throw us out WITH A FEW DAYS NOTICE!!!! 

You guys are wrong. So wrong on this decision. 

I can tell you we wont be transferring ANYTHING. We would rather watch it all vanish and be done with this game AND done with wildcard once and for all.

Sincerely

one pissed EX ark player

What u think what i feel after 7400 hours game play?

Would it be possible for your team @Jen to highlight the  servers to be removed on the in-game list so we don't have to jump back and forth between lists while we look for a new server to use?

A marker of some sort.. skull & Cross Bones or just a slash through the server details to let us know which server not to go to

This is very unclear! I will not stop playing the game, but there are a lot of QUESTIONS?

It states as of 29 AUG at 1200 ET that everything will be brought down to take away 33% of the server not used and a whip will be performed to re-purpose those servers to a new slice and the present will be called legacy.  It is recommended that you transfer from the 33% to a new one. What I get about support is that legacy will have limited support such as the new slice will have priority. I understand I purchased the in the testing  phase and now that it is going official - I would  expect a whip of all server since other games I have tested would have whips every major update. I am glad that I was part of the development of a really great game.
Now, if only the servers that are in this 33% are being whipped (which I believe it will be all of them) and with the limited support for those that don't move to the new slice is not really good mojo! I understand that once 29 AUG at 1200 ET - there will not be any transfers for  legacy to the new slice.

Now for questions!

1. Can we place things in the Obelisk before this time and will it be available on any server (new slice or legacy)?  (this would mean that the transfer cloud DB would have to brought over to the new cluster - probably not going to happen, but a good Q).

2. Can you come out and say that only that the only servers whipped are the ones on the list. (33% of the servers will taken down and re-purposed on the new cluster - these will be whipped for the re-purposing).

3. If there is a change and legacy is whipped also, will items in the Obelisk be retrievable?  (Character and up to 10 transferable items).

Thanks for such a diverse game with the additional maps! I look forward to seeing the future!

12 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

Would it be possible for your team @Jen to highlight the  servers to be removed on the in-game list so we don't have to jump back and forth between lists while we look for a new server to use?

A marker of some sort.. skull & Cross Bones or just a slash through the server details to let us know which server not to go to

They can't even get the bookmark tab to work.

2 minutes ago, Clittler said:

Can we transfer are characters on release from Legacy to the new servers as we are losing everything I think that hopefully we can

From what I am reading - there will be no connection between the clusters. I am just wondering if they are copying the transfer cloud from one cluster to the other?
Here is there statement:
Legacy servers will remain on a separate cluster from the new cluster, which means you will not be able to transfer anything between Legacy servers and the new servers.

What I don't get is that they are taking down some absolutely  amazing servers and leaving all the garbage ones that are so lagged filled and overpopulated that they aren't even worth playing.  Actually the overpopulated ones are the ones that should be wiped first their logic doesn't make sense, in fact just wipe them all and let's all start fresh.  

Edited by HeatherJo

10 hours ago, colt45002000 said:

So no customer support for legacy servers? So we have issues on them we are just stuck out. 

come on, you know that the customer support for Ark sucks anyway and that asking for help from customer services is a long and tiresome wait. I lost my level 100 character in a cloud transfer 20 days ago and still I have not had any help from the customer services. So having no customer service is almost the same as the service we have been getting! I can't see how this will be much of a game changer.

54 minutes ago, davey316 said:

I think what wild card are trying to say is, we have your money, now we want new players to come and give us money, so all the people who paid us your money already and helped get ark to where it is now F**k You we dont need you anymore we wont support you.

Bottom line no support on servers means they are going to shut them down when they see fit as they will just become full of cheaters, Trolls etc.

Also all tickets will be deleted, what about the people who have been waiting for more that 2 months to get a reply.

servers i play on are not getting shut down (YET) but still think what wc are doing is disgusting.

social media will be buzzing about what they are doing to customers and im pretty sure this is going to affect new sales.

very very silly even as a business move.

just when you think wc could not get any lower, well here you go.

come on, you know that the customer support for Ark sucks anyway and that asking for help from customer services is a long and tiresome wait.

I lost my level 100 character in a cloud transfer 20 days ago and still I have not had any help from the customer services.

So having no customer service is almost the same as the service we have been getting! I can't see how this will be much of a game changer.

26 minutes ago, ShadowKnight979 said:

So no support for those of us who have been with you from the start? 

come on, you know that the customer support for Ark sucks anyway and that asking for help from customer services is a long and tiresome wait. I lost my level 100 character in a cloud transfer 20 days ago and still I have not had any help from the customer services. So having no customer service is almost the same as the service we have been getting! I can't see how this will be much of a game changer.

1 hour ago, ExcessEvil said:

Drive people away? Drive the stupid people who failed to read the 'contract' they signed when buying the game in its current state, which is not a finished product, yes.

The smart people who understand how game development works, no.

People expect too much. They haven't got the slightest idea what Early Access/Game Preview means. To them, they're just playing a finished product without ever doing any form of research into what game development means.

Players in this game are lucky. I've alpha/beta tested for a lot of games throughout the past two decades, and while dev companies do things differently, as far as buy to play games goes, they all have one thing in common: 100% wipe before launch, so that everyone starts at the same level, to avoid any form of advantages over new players who didn't get into the alpha/beta.

I absolutely agree it was the right choice. This is a business and business decisions need to be made, regardless of how it will upset some people. What I don't like is that they went back on their word without acknowledging they are going against their word. It feels disingenuous to me to not admit when you made a mistake, or spoke too soon, etc.

599ef4a6103dd_Ark2.thumb.JPG.5a502a23198c6ccec875a84e27aeace0.JPG599ef4b1e0600_Ark3.thumb.JPG.e22f014f03631b462310c907288d5a82.JPG599ef4df0339e_Ark5.thumb.JPG.e8921632d90f92169a509b678d8f8a2e.JPG599ef5511f866_Ark1.thumb.JPG.923017ce97ba6f0589bf5e53a14e7a22.JPG

Ark 5.JPG