The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

Ark and wildcard have  done just about everything they could possibly do to drive people away and this is the final nail in the coffin.  There are a lot of us that have fought hard for sometime to find a nice server that isn't polluted like most of the ark servers that exist and when we find those gems we fight hard to maintain them.  I'm talking about hidden away low population servers.  The majority of ark is just a mess and not worth playing really, because of the Rediculous amount of overcrowding, horrifically mean people, lack of space, resources and Dino spawns, maps strewn with terrible obnoxious bases etc etc etc.  and now they are getting rid of the very last thing that actually resembled everything that was good about ark, beautiful wonderful open spaces to actually play the game and enjoy it.  Just because servers are low population doesn't mean they not popular some of us have fought hard to maintain a server thought is free of the aforementioned junk and none sense that plagues ark only to have it ripped away from us and forced to find a spot in ark amongst the chaotic packed servers that barely even resemble ark and offer little or no enjoyment.  Some people on ark have spent an enormous amount of time keeping our precious servers low population for a reason. 

Edited by HeatherJo

I'm not usually one to complain. Even if my server made the wipe list then so be it. I have never posted a comment complaining on a forum ever, but this decision to not support the Legacy servers is the dumbest decision I have ever seen. The Legacy servers are the people who helped make ARK. We paid for the game just like everyone else. In my opinion the Legacy servers should receive support first. People who have been there supporting ARK since the beginning should get VIP support, not left in the dark. This is absurd.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Steve431 said:

So legacy won't get the DDoS protection or better transfering only the new cluster? Way to take a huge dump on the players that got you through to launch and tested your game for you. Good to know that the players that took a gamble and bought a game preview and did your testing for you aren't as important as the ones that waited until the dirty work was done to purchase the game.

We are committed to monitoring the health of this new cluster with our new ddos mitigation and changes to the transfer system (both of which will also be present on the Legacy servers)

48 minutes ago, HeatherJo said:

Ark and wildcard have  done just about everything they could possibly do to drive people away and this is the final nail in the coffin.  There are a lot of us that have fought hard for sometime to find a nice server that isn't polluted like most of the ark servers that exist and when we find those gems we fight hard to maintain them.  I'm talking about hidden away low population servers.  The majority of ark is just a mess and not worth playing really, because of the Rediculous amount of overcrowding, horrifically mean people, lack of space, resources and Dino spawns, maps strewn with terrible obnoxious bases etc etc etc.  and now they are getting rid of the very last thing that actually resembled everything that was good about ark, beautiful wonderful open spaces to actually play the game and enjoy it.  Just because servers are low population doesn't mean they not popular some of us have fought hard to maintain a server thought is free of the aforementioned junk and none sense that plagues ark only to have it ripped away from us and forced to find a spot in ark amongst the chaotic packed servers that barely even resemble ark and offer little or no enjoyment.  Some people on ark have spent an enormous amount of time keeping our precious servers low population for a reason. 

Come to eucrossarkcluster 2, low pop and we dont allow cheater/trolls. I'll drop you a dragon egg :)

• Thanks 1

I have been a hardcore advocate for you guys since day one. I love this game. It has provided me countless fun and most importantly the best friends I could ever ask for. That being said Your utter lack of care for your player base is appalling. Never in my many years have I heard of a game completely cutting off their early access player in such a way. It is truly shameful and, sadly, totally expected. Just be honest with us, how long do we have before you delete everything? My most sincere apologies but as it is your perogative to crap all over your loyal and long term player base it is my perogative to make sure, in my small way, to stop people from buying your game. I vow to stand outside my local game establishments and tell anyone who will listen about the bugs, lag problems, ddos and duping, and lack of support we received during our time as your early access patrons. Maybe I was simply blinded by happiness when playing this wonderful game, but I (stupidly) put faith in you guys. This is the last straw. I hope you enjoy your title of worst video game company ever.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, HeatherJo said:

Drive people away? Drive the stupid people who failed to read the 'contract' they signed when buying the game in its current state, which is not a finished product, yes.

The smart people who understand how game development works, no.

People expect too much. They haven't got the slightest idea what Early Access/Game Preview means. To them, they're just playing a finished product without ever doing any form of research into what game development means.

Players in this game are lucky. I've alpha/beta tested for a lot of games throughout the past two decades, and while dev companies do things differently, as far as buy to play games goes, they all have one thing in common: 100% wipe before launch, so that everyone starts at the same level, to avoid any form of advantages over new players who didn't get into the alpha/beta.

Lulz, wildcards basicly shoving all the problems they have with the past 2 years to the side and starting over. I can dig it, you might as just have wiped the servers though. People are going to be easier to find, no support means eveuntally everyone will quit playing on legacy. This is the way you guys get everyone onto the new servers, which I have no problem with. The way ark is now its a complete bore grindfest. I can't wait to start breaking into stone structures again by myself. That's where the true fun of ark really is. Not this mega tribe bullpoop

I get that you are taking down low population servers. My SE server is on this list, and oh well. I''m definitely not happy with such short notice as I have less than a week to get everything moved over. But why on earth can we not transfer to the new cluster if you are cancelling support of old "legacy" servers? We've been here from the beginning and now you cut our support and tell us we are on our own. Why on earth can't we transfer in and start on the new (presumably better) server cluster? Are all of us players that have been here since the beginning suppose to just sit on our legacy servers waiting to be deleted as time goes on? I feel we are owed more than that, we have been more than loyal throughout all of the issues and the non support offered to us. This is much more than a slap in the face. You may say we should have expected this because its "pre-release" but you were CHARGING for the game. This wasn't some free trial. You shouldn't really consider changing your policies of not allowing transfers to the new clusters. Even if it's just for PVE where the player dynamic and early start does not matter.

31 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

Drive people away? Drive the stupid people who failed to read the 'contract' they signed when buying the game in its current state, which is not a finished product, yes.

The smart people who understand how game development works, no.

People expect too much. They haven't got the slightest idea what Early Access/Game Preview means. To them, they're just playing a finished product without ever doing any form of research into what game development means.

Players in this game are lucky. I've alpha/beta tested for a lot of games throughout the past two decades, and while dev companies do things differently, as far as buy to play games goes, they all have one thing in common: 100% wipe before launch, so that everyone starts at the same level, to avoid any form of advantages over new players who didn't get into the alpha/beta.

People expect a working game that actually functions for one.  This game is in no way ready for a full realese and expecting the game to actually function upon release  isn't unrealtic or demanding.  

Lucky lol i think your your definition of lucky is off.  It would be far better to actually do a 100% wipe then the mess they are creating.  You completely misunderstand I actually don't mind the wipe at all even expected it, it's the horrific mess they have created in the way they are doing it that was complete unespccesary.  

And I'm so tired of hearing that we don't understand early access haha give me a break I too have beta tested endkess games over decades whoop Dee do for you.   I have however never encountered one like ark in its overall disregard for its early access players.  I have tolerated and stood by wildcard on so many issues under the  understanding that yes of course this is a pre release.  That doesn't take away from the poor decisions they are making in transforming what was once a fantastic game into one that isn't that interesting anymore.  A lot of us were just trying for years to give them actual beneficial feedback that the overall community agreed would improve the game.  Something most companies take into account during early acces.  

And this modern definaition of "pre release" is a joke,  it's just a way for companies to fund their product because they don't have enough business savvy to actually fund their endeavor prior to development.  They aren't actually interested in a collaborative development model they just wnat the money. 

Edited by HeatherJo

Lmao shutting the servers down for 8 hours on release day.

9 hours ago, Steve431 said:

So legacy won't get the DDoS protection or better transfering only the new cluster? Way to take a huge dump on the players that got you through to launch and tested your game for you. Good to know that the players that took a gamble and bought a game preview and did your testing for you aren't as important as the ones that waited until the dirty work was done to purchase the game.

No Legacy won't get support if your dino is lost or stuck or things like that. We still get everything the new servers get, honestly it's not like we were getting much help anyway.

I think what wild card are trying to say is, we have your money, now we want new players to come and give us money, so all the people who paid us your money already and helped get ark to where it is now F**k You we dont need you anymore we wont support you.

Bottom line no support on servers means they are going to shut them down when they see fit as they will just become full of cheaters, Trolls etc.

Also all tickets will be deleted, what about the people who have been waiting for more that 2 months to get a reply.

servers i play on are not getting shut down (YET) but still think what wc are doing is disgusting.

social media will be buzzing about what they are doing to customers and im pretty sure this is going to affect new sales.

very very silly even as a business move.

just when you think wc could not get any lower, well here you go.

Edited by davey316
  • Thanks 1