The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

57 minutes ago, Brometheus said:

WOOOOOOW you guys literally lie to us an have no problem doing so how can you just burn us all like that an not even care your meant to be a proffessional company yet you treat us like dirt an literally say one thing when you know that is not whats happening at all your a disgrace of a game studio an you have A LOT to learn even after 2 years your terrible!!!!!

LIE NUMBER 1>>>>>> 1 month to move after the kill list goes up they say......but truth is we have 5 days......you understand these servers are 2 year old how do you expect people to move 2 years worth of gameplay while they have work an familys in real life to look after too you rush us an gives us the short end of the stick just because your rushing to meet your own in house deadlines which by your own fault your way behind schedule for which is totally unfair you have no consideration for us what so ever we are the reason you have a game the reason your game is so popular yet you just mug us off like we dont mean anything at all......>:(

LIE NUMBER 2 >>>>>> All legacy servers will receive total an full support " just like our new official servers " they say......truth is legacy servers wont recieve any support after they become legacy servers on the 29th.......all current tickets will be wiped what an absolute bail out your a poor excuse of a dev team (NOT AN INSULT GP DONT REMOVE MY COMMENT ITS JUST AN OPINION THERES A DIFFERENCE ) but I am pretty sure others will agree you just basically took a massive one on all of our heads thanks a bunch wildcard nice way to thank us for playing your game for the last 2 years.>:(>:(

omg brometheus :(...sorry about your server mate.

2 hours ago, Wolfrane88 said:

So SWC promised not to wipe servers Hurray! Oh wait they are...

Then they say they will only be wiping 10% of servers. I mean 10% isn't that bad right?!

They they say they will be wiping 33% of old servers to repurpose them. Oef we dodged a bullet there, I feel bad for the other survivors though.

Now they tell us that our servers will become Legacy Servers yaaay!
Wait, huh? -reads further-

Soooo let me get this straight...small clans like mine (3-5 members):
- who have struggled.
- who have worked hard to get to boss level.
- who have transmitters and replicators and stuff.
- who have been preparing for Ragnarok since the 1st ever release date was given.
- who religiously log in hours.
- who curse and cry through the laggy servers.
- who have lost dinos and items thanks to unannounced rollbacks.
- who have suffered loss due to bugs and glitches.
- who where never compensated due to SWC's own faults.

Tribes like these among others now being handed the shaft once again and being told that all the effort and energy we put towards Ragnarok is all for naught? Oh and look at this, all changes will all take place 5 DAYS FROM NOW! Awesome Thank You SWC!! Not only that but if we choose to stay and play on the "LEGACY SERVERS" you won't be helped if there is an issue!!!

Your number is still small.

This a good step from WC.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Karnivore said:

What the hell happened to servers would only need a few people per weeks and you would " keep the servers open for that one person "?

My SE server is on here and it never has zero pop and now we all have to move?

Will you allow us to xfer our non xferable items like element and wyvern talons ? 

Yeah my S.E server is facing the same thing, we only transfered there about a 2 months ago and there is always people in the server. Id like to see these statistics for myself. Also why have they left it so late DILO! We have 200 dinos hundereds of turrets and what a waste doing them boss fights was- we have to do the unthinkable and demolish tek gates ??

2 minutes ago, kyleyoung said:

Hello. My  SE server is on the list.

Does anyone know if it's possible to move my dinos to my island server. Then start move them to one of the new servers when they arrive?

Thanks.

I think you're stuck in the Legacy Server Cluster. I do not believe it is possible to transfer from Legacy to a new server, the new servers are all fresh for the influx of new players upon launch. They don't want already established players on there from Day One.

4 hours ago, rikkertownd said:

Not sure if typo or not but it's 2 pm Central European Time, still sucks but not too bad.

Countdown timer for easy reference:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20170829T14&p0=16&msg=New+Ark+Servers!&font=cursive&csz=1

Nevermind, I'm a retard and I was looking at a different time zone...

You kids really need to get over yourselves. The game is a preview, a work in progress.you knew the risks before you bought it.  I've never seen a larger mass of cry babies before, in my life. The Ark devs and GMs have the patience of gods to put up with the lot of you. 

Jat, Jen, the rest of you guys, keep up the good work. Looking forward to full release and ragnarok on xbox. 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, PikaSaurus said:

Get over yourself man

I feel sorry for the young people disconnected from the community like you who do not understand the value of time and hard work put in by the earliest members of the community... You would not be saying "get over yourself" if you have invensted over two thousand hours in to a single server, and when the structures you own on that server total the cost of around 1,000,000(1 million) ingots, and roughtly 600,000(6 hundred-thousand) cementing paste.

People like you just build your little thatch huts, complain about the pillars that are stopping you from building over metal spawns, and then come on to the forums and rejoice over the fact that all of this games most loyal player base are about to be screwed over...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

"Thank you" Wildcard for appreciating our support by giving us no Customer Support on legacy servers. We paid for your game. It IS your responsibility to give us Customer Support regardless if we play on new or legacy servers. You want to treat players on legacy servers like players of worse type. @Jen

You shoot yourself in your foot and showed us middle finger.

sadly this is not true. You are buying just game not support for official servers

So they lied. They always lie. Stop complaining about their blatant dishonesty, it's what they are known for. My friends ask about ark and I warn them all NOT to buy it. I've got a question for people freaking out about no support- of all of us who have submitted tickets how many were actually handled? Of the characters lost how many were restored to what they were? I've got multiple tribemates and friends who lost theirs, zero of them were restored. I'm someone out there has gotten their half hearted 90 level replacement, but was that the going rate? No. You got ignored. Did you have groups glitch under the map and build bases there wiping people by shooting rockets UP from under the map? We saw it multiple servers and we all submitted tickets. How many people saw those bases dev wiped? I saw zero of them dev wiped. I'm sure someone somewhere saw one dev wiped, but how about for the majority of us? Who submitted a gamertag, gamer name and even offered photo evidence of dupers? Remember when the founder said the ban hammer was coming mid August? How many of us saw those people banned and their tribes wiped? How many of us saw wipes for spiked off spawns over an entire server? Guys they've NEVER actually done any measurable support. Ever. They have zero customer support. Those foolish enough to think that they will magically start on the new servers, sorry guys. It'll be the same thing there. You think someone will respond to your ticket about a cheater or a lost character while every piece of evidence shows the opposite? Brilliant. 

If if you feel wronged then go to the new clusters and make it unplayable for new players. Sit on the beach and club them down as they spawn until they go back to other games. Hey, it's not even outside of the rules. Have they lied to you repeatedly, then tossed the bird at you? You have the power to return the favor. You have a 2 year head start at this game and can be level 100 the first week. Imagine that vs the masses (assuming there will be masses) that spawn in front of you. Happy hunting. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SilverScythe said:

I feel sorry for the young people disconnected from the community like you who do not understand the value of time and hard work put in by the earliest members of the community... You would not be saying "get over yourself" if you have invensted over two thousand hours in to a single server, and when the structures you own on that server total the cost of around 1,000,000(1 million) ingots, and roughtly 600,000(6 hundred-thousand) cementing paste.

People like you just build your little thatch huts, complain about the pillars that are stopping you from building over metal spawns, and then come on to the forums and rejoice over the fact that all of this games most loyal player base are about to be screwed over...

Say Thx to all the PPLS who Cheat and Abuse their way... Glitchraiding,Duping Items, Block Spawns, Block Server Transfer and and  that cames out if no one have Honor... Its like a Sportgame where the most of the ppl are doping what else can you do as make a step back and start from the Scratch? I was thinking about that around 1 Year bevore and is said at that Time that is not Realistic that there is no Wipe to much abusing to much Balance changes. To much difference between new Players  and old Ones . To much Severs  and the list goes on...

I thought the new server was to the players who buys the game after release was able to play comfortably, not pushing them with players who are playing for a very long time, the newcomer is almost no chance to survive if there is people with 1000+ hours in the game. The idea is good, despite the fact that many players were going to release to come to new servers they were less than those who wanted to stay. When you play a long time do not want to throw grown animals and a large database. BUT "thank you" to the developers - you gone and♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥off the old players for 5 days did not carry a big base and a bunch of animals. And you hear the howl of the beginners, because a new server will come crowds of players, the veterans from deleted servers.

Okay, considering this crap new servers and legacies, we will again lose days of our common game lives, dedication to a buggy game is supported by people who do not understand this, I ask: Believing in fairy tales, the launch will have the same infinity lags, basic glitches, child rendering issues, and near-impossible gameplay?Guys, do not get me wrong but I'm closing my eyes to what I have and all that I'll lose. I want to know if it will start all over again with the goddamn adjunto fckn same bugs.

Simple like that.

For anyone not in the know, you can check how many hours you've put into a specific server on Battle Metrics:

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark?dir=asc&feature%3A8=True%2C+official&page=1&sort=rank

For the small tribes that like playing together and have been sick of new players blocking spawn points you could download the server files when available and then club together to upload the files onto a private server.

The fact we're told one thing on announcement and then another. My Island PVE server is being wiped and we commonly have 12-16 people online a day, every single day. I love how at the beginning of the month, announcements said they would give a month notice in advance. Now we are barely getting a week to scramble around. It's not like I can bring all the Dino's to my scorched as I have water tames. Also think it's absolutely ridiculous you're not going to offer support for Legacy servers. You guys have not responded to pretty much any ticket in the last two months because you've been "prepping for launch" when really this is extremely disappointing. It's not like you're known for good customer support, anyways, but wow I don't even think ragnorak is worth it at this point. Really tired of being told one thing then another and another, now you put so many people in a horrible situation with very little time when you promised a month. You're sure cutting a lot more servers than you've said. So with these Legacy servers, you're doing no one a favor because now people who just like to cause problems, will go to these Legacy servers just to be d-bags, and we won't get any help from you. What's the point of playing YOUR GAME on YOUR SERVERS if youre not going to help anyone. Seems pointless. Maybe with all that free server space saving you money by not buying more, you should hire two people to actually be in charge of Legacy support because so many people complain of getting no support or answers or even tickets read, so doesn't seem like you care too greatly and if you keep going at this rate, you're going to lose a lot more people. I guarantee ragnorak will have so many problems. Let's see how many people just say screw it and leave for other competing games.

Also, people on PvP saying it's not a big deal about a wipe and they get wiped/have to stat over several times, is NOT THE SAME as people on PVE. If all you PVP people don't have a problem, then I say keep the PVE servers that at least have 1 person on and just get rid of ALL PVP then ? 

All the people claiming this is what we signed up for and we should be "lucky we get a way to save some of our stuff" uhm hello, the problem is they wildcard kept saying one thing and another, lying. It doesn't matter what they are doing, it matters that they pretty much told the community one thing for relief and then sprung it on them last minute. ANYONE IN ANY GAME would be upset if the game developers did that, that's just fact. You can't say you'll give a months heads up, but because you have been too worried about your new customers and not the old ones who have been your crutch of survival, you wasted time and now you're like "well because we screwed off. We are only giving you 5 day notice now." So what's the point? And say 10% now 33%. You've pushed back release date and ragnorak many times now, you should have had this planned better so people did have a month notice. You should have prioritized, but you didn't and truly show with these poor actions and decisions that you don't truly care for the entire community welfare, only "new money." I would be 100% okay if ragnorak was a DLC you'd have to buy, if you didn't cut so many servers or deny support for a mass chunck of your user base.

7 hours ago, DREYD3N said:

Wow, I can't believe they will no longer be offering customer support to Legacy servers. We helped BUILD this player base and your game and you are going to shaft us like that? That is pretty messed up to be honest. Shame on you Ark. 

You're lucky they don't wipe every single server 100% like all other game developers do between each individual development stage and a few days prior to launch.

This is what you agreed upon when you bought into Early Access/Game Preview. Everything is subject to change during Early Access/Game Preview. Both terms are just new terms made up to cover Alpha stages and Beta stages.

6 hours ago, Celebrimbor said:

wow.... you guys really raptored up this time. You're going to lose a LOT of people because of this.

So what? This isn't a subscription based game where you pay them money every month to play the game.

You bought the game. The End.

I've been wanting a 100% wipe on 100% of their servers since the start, though. Unfortunately that's not happening, but seeing all these salty tears is almost as good. xD

• Thanks 1