The Great Migration & Xbox UWP

Jen

Thank you wildcard for making it extremely hard to like or even want to continue supporting you. I played through the bugs and BS. I played through delayed announcements and fixes. And I played through the temporary fixes as well. Now, after being one of the many, many players who joined to support early access, we're being told only 6 days before launch that here are the servers we're keeping for you loyal followers. Oh but wait, you're raptoring on you're own now.

Thanks.

Thanks for shoving our loyalty into a tiny ball and telling us to so politely either choke on it or move to the new clusters to deserve future help/support.

Thanks.

Sad to say I'll probably still play. It won't be due to any interest in wildcard though. It's because of the players and community. They're the ones that make it worth while.

Sad. Why don't you see that?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, VodkaQueen304 said:

So, no customer service to all the people that help you fix the game by dealing with the issues and reporting them. All current issues will never be fixed? But we can't transfer servers to a new server that won't have the issues? Makes sense. ?

You can transfer to a server that wont have issues. Just gotta restart again ?

"we will no longer offer Customer Support to these Legacy servers"

Wildcard you are truly a bunch of morons. You could of charged us Legacy players for a Ragnarok DLC and we would of gladly payed it. We would of bought DLC after DLC. Instead you, in your own %^$#&ard way, tell all Legacy players that all the hard work they have done in the past 9 months has become a burden for you and you no longer wish to support them.  You have made it clear that you wish us legacy players would just go away and play a different game.

The people that will buy your game on full release will be few, compared to those that have already paid for it. You could of made much more money from us, but with this one act you have just lost the majority of your player base.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jen said:

Important Customer Support Legacy Information
When the current servers become Legacy servers on the 29th, we will no longer offer Customer Support to these Legacy servers. All outstanding tickets to our Customer Support team will be wiped clean on launch day, and no future tickets submitted by those playing on Legacy servers will be accepted. Going forward our Customer Support team will be focused on assisting those present on the new cluster, which will not be plagued by many of the issues that occurred during the Early Access process. Unfortunately it is beyond the scope of our operation to continue to offer support on Legacy servers at this time.

Nice thank you to everyone that helped report bugs and issues, very bad support in the first place now  your removing it all together lol

• Like 1

I'm so angry right now....I'm thinking I just might cancel my collectors edition and you can keep your damn game. YEARS I have put into this game. For nothing. 

There isn't anywhere to MOVE....you're getting rid of all the primitive servers. So I spent all this time breeding....basically WEEKS without sleep....for nothing. And you give us a week??? Less than a week?? Seriously????????? 

Can you even conceive how crappy this is???? Did you give any thought to this when you had those breed events??? Did you consider the time people were putting into that and now it's all for nothing. 

When I think of how many times I've recommended this game...now I will do all I can to spread the word how crappy this game is and how little you care about your player base.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

because they are taking down all of hardcore.

#boycottArk

#savehardcore

You see here is the problem, everyone else gets a choice, migrate to another legacy server or start fresh on a new server. Us hardcore players don't even get a choice.

Edited by Arkdevspleasehelpme
cause i want too?
  • Facepalm 1

i laugh at the legacy servers. no customer support means you can cheat/hack/dupe without repercussions making it...well, extending the current standard. eventually you'll just get so abused that you'll quit. so gg to anyone that stays there. if i recall, they'll re-evaluate the server popularity regularly to cut away more excess fat so yeah, basically an extended wipe but still silent enough to cover the cries. 

looking at the lists in general and having played different settings i think i can pinpoint your flaws there, WC. like Scorched is too poop to live in daily, especially now that you've made same content free on Ragnarok. Center had no real support and was months behind on content and patching. still has it flaws but if patched out in time, i believe it'll be the number 1 server to start on for mega tribes (#dat_metal_son). though some of the servers may just have been alpha properties. anyways, whatever. if WC can't see the problem then i guess there is non. 

still, can't wait for the release and the updates it brings with. hope to have a fresh start and meet people who bring about joy to spend time playing this game. not looking back.

59 minutes ago, Steve431 said:

So legacy won't get the DDoS protection or better transfering only the new cluster? Way to take a huge dump on the players that got you through to launch and tested your game for you. Good to know that the players that took a gamble and bought a game preview and did your testing for you aren't as important as the ones that waited until the dirty work was done to purchase the game.

They've said Legacy will get the DDoS etc patches, updates and more content etc. Sounds like they're just deciding to wipe their hands of the 'customer support' aspect of the servers, i.e. stuck dino's, lost characters etc.

39 minutes ago, daniel91parker said:

Assuming this doesn't affect player dedi server for either platforms.

Nope.

7 minutes ago, Generi said:

So wheres the xbox server deletion list?

Right there in the first post?!

@Jen can you share a little more on the save game part? The Xbox SE server I play on (which, I may add, seems to be always above 15/17 players and easily 30+ on weekends) is on the list. How would I go about hosting that save game on an Xbox console? Do I have to use Win10/UWP? I can't see how I would be able to select the relevant save game file on the Xbox console to even use it if I could download it. Are the save game files only usable on the rented (e.g. Nitrado) servers??

1 minute ago, Allouria said:

I'm so angry right now....I'm thinking I just might cancel my collectors edition and you can keep your damn game. YEARS I have put into this game. For nothing. 

There isn't anywhere to MOVE....you're getting rid of all the primitive servers. So I spent all this time breeding....basically WEEKS without sleep....for nothing. And you give us a week??? Less than a week?? Seriously????????? 

Can you even conceive how crappy this is???? Did you give any thought to this when you had those breed events??? Did you consider the time people were putting into that and now it's all for nothing. 

When I think of how many times I've recommended this game...now I will do all I can to spread the word how crappy this game is and how little you care about your player base.

They did the events exactly for this reason. To help get legacy servers to dino cap faster and to make people start deciding to just start fresh on a nonlegacy group.

Just now, Allouria said:

Don't worry this is just a game. We play on PVP and we got wiped many times but every time me and my tribe members rebuild fast. just go to new cluster build base fast, increase defense and keep raid other tribes you will be ok 

I cant wait to start over, 390 dino's, 2500 plant x, 30 bookshelves of bp's, 40 chests and smithy full of premade gear, an entire biome for a base. Survived countless attacks, seen those who came against me and mine destroyed repeatedly.  Drank beer from the skulls of my enemies.  Tamed and bred almost every dino in the game.  So ready for a new map and new adventures, it's always the most fun early on when the struggle is real and i'm not bogged down with maintaining everything myself.  So happy to end early access on top.  Cheers

Really Wildcard gtfo and do whatever you want! Like some already says, you kick all your alpha testers in the face by stopping the support of legacy servers, you NEVER mentioned that before. Oh my god, this company now even stand behind Electronic Arts or Ubisoft now for me. What the heck were you thinking when you decided to stop support to legacy servers? And whats with the people who wrote tickets weeks ago? 

Worst support ever, really. You can collect money from you sheeps but then you let them starve to death? That was the last time i bought a game from your company and i will tell everybody of my friends to never throw money on you again. 

Your information politics is such a big bull...

You know what i really hope now? 

That hackers go DDos all your new server and kill your release, so that you get the next poopstorm you deserve!! 

And i am totally sure your new netcode will work like nothing. 

Really guys, put all people who helped you develope your alltime broken game in the trash is not working. 

One day you say this, other day you say this. 

You dont answer tickets for months and now just say you stop helping your alpha testers you payed your food the whole time while you tried to fix thousands of bugs? 

I know you give a poop about it, but you must live with it, that many many many players with thousands of hours on your game will be...lets say a little bit angry about your support politics. 

It would be a nice move to even answer the tickets the people already send weeks and months ago. I still got tribemembers who lost their account over 1 month ago and they didnt even get ONE answer from you.

Really, i start thinking, you just hired the persons who even were too bad for Donald Trump for your stuff. 

God i am so angry right now Jeremy Stiegwhateveryouwant and your lazy employees.

I really hope the release launch will totally crash you and will give you weeks without sleep. 

Best regards,

me, who had trust in you for months/years.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Alot of whining for a company that is giving you an opportunity to keep your stuff. Considering most early access just delete it. You all knew this when you bought it. Secondly, you all seem overly attached to your shinies considering its a game where you can lose everything in a matter of moments.

All my possessions are on these servers to be deleted, but I don't mind. I'd happily sacrifice them for a chance at moving forward.

Looking forward to this.

I have been Legacy for 9 months and have now sold everything or gave it away, going full Ragnarok Official on release.

My only concern for Legacy is the land issue tribes will face and the server dino caps we have on console. 

I can see alot of people getting upset and I can understand why, but be thankful its not a full server wipe of everything.  We would have alot more upset and irrate people if that was the case.

The short notice is a nightmare, thats understandable, but ther date may slip, it usually does for WC.  I can also see why support is getting stopped, lets face it, its not the best at present and the wording kinda points towards it maybe coming back in the future.  I guess WC will monitor all legacy servers over the coming months, year to see if they can close more and add more official servers, its only the logical thing to do.  Within a year plus I bet we have only a handful of legacy servers left.

New start on non duped servers is a positive thing, cannot wait.

2 hours ago, KishK0 said:

Why would you release the game at such an unfriendly time for Europeans? 2-3 a.m. for most of Europe, on a tuesday :(

Also, regarding the game modes, I bet no flyers, tribe limited servers or even Island only servers would be 10x more popular that hardcore or primitive, please consider adding those :Jerblove:

@Jen

Not sure if typo or not but it's 2 pm Central European Time, still sucks but not too bad.

Countdown timer for easy reference:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20170829T14&p0=16&msg=New+Ark+Servers!&font=cursive&csz=1

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pwndbyjoe said:

So during the 8 hrs of repurposing servers is the ragnarok update being released so we atleast have something to do during that time, to download it. And then look forword to doing the large transfer to ragnarok after.

What large transfer? New server won't support transfer from legacy servers lol

So I tested your game for 2 years just to get screwed over because you don't want to support those who gave their time test you game and report the issues? I love the game but that's just a Low blow to all of us who don't want to go to the new servers.  You are forcing us out of 2yrs or hard work and don't give 2 damns about it?   What the hells the sense of playing ? You lied saying server server would not be wiped then lied again saying people would be able to move well in advance and you give those ppl who are now screwed not even 6 days to pack up and leave... not to mention only 10% or servers were supposed to be deleted not 33% so glad I invested 3000+ hrs to get the shaft.    And not to mention server caps on most servers won't even allow people to bring there Dinos over! 

Makes me laugh reading all this. I'm so glad I didn't play for a while. Our server is not on the list but seeing how people are treated here for all their support with game development it was definitely no point to hang around here and in the game lately.

And the devs are full of (what I thought they were) and that's been confirmed today.