MEGATHERIUM OP?

rororoxor

Hello,

Does anyone else think that the wild megatherium's bug killer buff is a bit op? A wild boosted level 40 megatherium killed my 120 rex in a matter of minutes, taking almost no damage. The rex was a pretty low level so I'm not that worried, but it still had over 7K health. And due to the rex speed nerf, it can't even outrun the megatherium anymore. What do you think?

~~~~Rororoxor

2 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Just bring stronger dino's next time (more than one if needed), or a Quetzal to emergency pick it up so it stops being a nuisance. Not every wild Megatherium is near bugs to get the buff afterall.

And I love the added danger,  they're pretty easy to notice too, so not really op imo.. 

For a passive dino (except for bugs) I don't see what change they need. 

As with any other dino...it is YOUR JOB to adapt to the environnement depending on what dino you are riding.

I'm guessing you wouldn't risk your 120 rex in the north where packs of wolves, rexes, cats and what not wants to kill you...

1 hour ago, Lockjaw said:

Hmm, I dunno. They've never seemed like a problem to me, but maybe I've just been lucky up until now. A 120 tamed Rex with saddle armor getting curbstomped by a wild lvl 40 Megatherium is hard to justify. Unless there were some other factors involved that you didn't mention?

No no, it happened just like that, the therium was doing 200+ dmg per hit and my rex around 67 (i have dmg markers on). This happened before with the same rex and an even lower level therium, and I was barely able to escape. 

1 hour ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Can they be tranqed when bug raged?

They take reduced damage.

1 hour ago, powerstuck said:

For a passive dino (except for bugs) I don't see what change they need. 

As with any other dino...it is YOUR JOB to adapt to the environnement depending on what dino you are riding.

I'm guessing you wouldn't risk your 120 rex in the north where packs of wolves, rexes, cats and what not wants to kill you...

Ya, but I was on scorched earth (which i dont play as much, hence the low level rex). I was trying to travel the 2 minute distance between my house and the obelisk (in the "easy" spawn region to clear out kapros, didn't expect to get shredded lol.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, rororoxor said:

Right, but then how would you counter them in the wild? If you're attacked by a boosted one, it's basically GG for your dinos lol.

The counter is to not provoke them when they've killed a bug. Megatheriums are docile until you poke them.

4 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

The counter is to not provoke them when they've killed a bug. Megatheriums are docile until you poke them.

They might be the intention, like icthyornis only stealing food. However, we all know that there are a lot of, not working as intended in the game right now. Our tribe has witnessed at least two occasions when a mega was just sitting there with no bugs around and out of no where went ape #@$% and attacked our dinos. A level 3 mega killed an entire pack of 8 level 40-50 direwolves so fast we barely had time to react and when they were all dead the mega had taken almost zero damage.

They do enrage for no reason. They are capable of killing much higher level dinos en mass with zero risk. Their damage buff needs to be changed to only be boosted when attacking bugs. That way they still get their unique aspect and players will adapt knowing not to attack them with scorps or arthros but in its current state it is OP as a general gauge.

2 hours ago, rororoxor said:

No no, it happened just like that, the therium was doing 200+ dmg per hit and my rex around 67 (i have dmg markers on). This happened before with the same rex and an even lower level therium, and I was barely able to escape. 

what 67 damage per hit? a rex with 100% melee damage (base melee) does 62 damage

no offense, but you have one crappy rex you should thank the megatherium that it killed it for you

did you tame the rex as lvl 50 and leveled it only in health? that's the only explanation i could have

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

Nope wild ones do Aggro randomly. Feel like they are like bears in temperament.

had a megatherium kill my wyvern when I was AFK. I know, my fault, but I did not touch it .

2 hours ago, Shadex said:

They might be the intention, like icthyornis only stealing food. However, we all know that there are a lot of, not working as intended in the game right now. Our tribe has witnessed at least two occasions when a mega was just sitting there with no bugs around and out of no where went ape #@$% and attacked our dinos. A level 3 mega killed an entire pack of 8 level 40-50 direwolves so fast we barely had time to react and when they were all dead the mega had taken almost zero damage.

They do enrage for no reason. They are capable of killing much higher level dinos en mass with zero risk. Their damage buff needs to be changed to only be boosted when attacking bugs. That way they still get their unique aspect and players will adapt knowing not to attack them with scorps or arthros but in its current state it is OP as a general gauge.

They are big and easy to avoid, especially with the glowing red enraged stuff going on. nothing op about it.. do you "accidentally" Waltz into an alpha and call that op? Nah, I like them and the mechanic is good.. when not enraged you can walk right up to them,  it's a good balance if you keep your wits about you (cause it's a survival game). They don't enrage for no reason.. if you are on an insect/bug they will get the enraged buff and if they kill a wild one (scorched is full of moths/jug bugs/scorps/bees/the little swarmy mega bugs/mantis/arthos/ you get the idea).. they will be enraged for a bit..

54 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Sounds to me they are probably bugged like quite a few other things about this game and that they should at least be looked into. kinda doubting it will happen though.

Oh they are definitely full of bugs ;) 

But in all seriousness there's nothing up with them, that's there ability and its kinda cool. Otherwise they would have no real purpose or interesting feature. 

2 hours ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

They are big and easy to avoid, especially with the glowing red enraged stuff going on. nothing op about it.. do you "accidentally" Waltz into an alpha and call that op? Nah, I like them and the mechanic is good.. when not enraged you can walk right up to them,  it's a good balance if you keep your wits about you (cause it's a survival game). They don't enrage for no reason.. if you are on an insect/bug they will get the enraged buff and if they kill a wild one (scorched is full of moths/jug bugs/scorps/bees/the little swarmy mega bugs/mantis/arthos/ you get the idea).. they will be enraged for a bit..

Do you "accidentally" reply to a post you don't read? No one walked into an already raging mega... I know it is such an unfathomable thought that there might still be a few bugs in the game. Someone call Guinness.

7 hours ago, Shadex said:

Do you "accidentally" reply to a post you don't read? No one walked into an already raging mega... I know it is such an unfathomable thought that there might still be a few bugs in the game. Someone call Guinness.

Sure,  blame bugs cause you didn't look both ways before crossing the busy highway..

16 hours ago, raptorjesus666 said:

what 67 damage per hit? a rex with 100% melee damage (base melee) does 62 damage

no offense, but you have one crappy rex you should thank the megatherium that it killed it for you

did you tame the rex as lvl 50 and leveled it only in health? that's the only explanation i could have

No no...the rex does a lot more damage, the wild boosted megatherium has some kind of resistance as well, and i already mentioned that my rex was only lvl 120.

Archived