State of the Daeodon

Shadex

Just curious before I venture out and tame another one of these things if they are still really buggy. Last one I had ate me out of house and home. Anything I put on it would be gone in minutes and if it was near a trough it would empty it in no time. None of the passive toggles seemed to work, sitting on it didn't change anything. Heaven forbid another dino take damage because the thing would explode into a ball of light that would consume thousands of meat in moments just to heal 5HP. Eventually I just moved it out of range of a trough and it starved itself to death in a couple of hours. So with that said, curious before I look to tame another for boss fights if they are still in the same boat. Danko.

Turn off passive heal after you tame it, then it eats like any other dino.

edit: re-read your post. I've never had an issue with mine. I keep it on passive, turn off passive heal and it just sits there eating as much as any other dino. I only turn on passive heal in between boss fights (I leave the daedon back on the platform and heal the dino's after the fights), then right back off it goes. 

OK so there are working Dae's out there and mine may have just been an abhoration. I am glad to hear they work for some people. Yeah, this thing was a nightmare. No matter what I did and I read these forums all the time looking for solutions, nothing worked. Just standing there I could watch its food stat drop like a rock. Did feed it cooked meat. Knew about that one. Was just curious if others had run into these garbage disposals before or if it was a short lived bug that has been fixed, etc.

I recently re-tamed some piggies.  (I was taming a 116, when a 56 attacked, so I figured DILO, I'll get him too.)

After taming, I moved them as a mated pair to a pen AWAY from all of my other dinos, as I did not want them to eat everyone else's food.

Right before I left them, I leveled them up. So of course they start healing. So I turned off passive healing, and left to go back to my base. As I leave, I can clearly see the green pulse emitting from them. About 20 minutes later, I fly back to drop off some more food in their pen, and level them up again. As soon as the pen renders in, I notice that the green pulse lights are emitting from one of the pigs. I double-checked the Passive off setting.  YEP, it is off. Plus both are at full health!  No other dinos around.  So I put their saddles on  rode them around the pen. The Green pulses stopped. Not sure why they were gliching like that, but I'm sure had I not rode them around a bit in the pen, they would have continued to heal until they starved.  Grrrrrrr!

I have had a number of them now for awhile. They are housed solo so its just them. About 7-8 in all. Ive had 2-3 die due to starvation despite me feeding them constantly. Some of the pigs food never goes up or goes up bearly while other pigs are perfectly fine/maxed out with food. Makes no sense to me at all. I thought about force feeding the low food ones but just never bothered. Still seems buggy to me.

Archived