OMFG!!! Every day !

Trikky

Completely sick of this,
every day now we get groups of random 123's logging in and griefing our server,
with no way to track where they came from cause they r not bringing animals.
I know WC wants to kill off legacy but this is ridiculous,
some are not even raiding bases, just blowing up massive amounts of behemoth gates with their duped c4.
Same poop, day after day.
A simple fix would be:
1) a global announcement where a player transferred in from
2) a 12 to 24 hour cooldown between transfers
Give us some way to track players and where they came from !!!!
Yesterday was something dif though, 
a 123 with god mode,  hit him atleast 20 times with an ascend fab sniper, broke every piece of his gear , and he still wouldnt die.
This game is becoming more and more broken.
I had a lot more fun playing it 2 years ago before all these new features ruined PvP and a single player can raid a base full of turrets as long as ur offline.

ok, rant over,
going back to my base to refarm all the blown behemoth gates and turret boxes so another random 123 can blow them up again.

I am completely fine with PvP and enjoy it,
what I am not fine with is these random server hopping 123's with no way to trace them and pay them back.
Am ok with them coming to my server as long as I can go to their server and pay them a return visit :)

And if WC thinks this is not going to be a problem on the new servers then they r delusional.

12 minutes ago, Irk said:

Brace yourselves. The "if you can't PvP, go to PvE" crowd is coming.

I would normally say this.. but I do believe you can check a player body for server number,  no? If not,  i think specimen implants should have server info in them,  giving them added value and bringing more balance to pvp situations/retaliation..

Why not try having turrets as the first thing someone encounters when they approach your base instead of gates, hell even plant x. If your scared of people draining your bullets by accidentaly running past put wooden spike walls just out of turret range, that way if they get shot they was 100% trying to approach your base. Also if they have transferred with no dinos they cant use them to drain turrets.

Most trolls will attack the weakest and easiest target, if you build correctly and know how to protect your base they will simply move on to an easier tatget.

24 minutes ago, Trikky said:

Completely sick of this,
every day now we get groups of random 123's logging in and griefing our server,
with no way to track where they came from cause they r not bringing animals.
I know WC wants to kill off legacy but this is ridiculous,
some are not even raiding bases, just blowing up massive amounts of behemoth gates with their duped c4.
Same poop, day after day.
A simple fix would be:
1) a global announcement where a player transferred in from
2) a 12 to 24 hour cooldown between transfers
Give us some way to track players and where they came from !!!!
Yesterday was something dif though, 
a 123 with god mode,  hit him atleast 20 times with an ascend fab sniper, broke every piece of his gear , and he still wouldnt die.
This game is becoming more and more broken.
I had a lot more fun playing it 2 years ago before all these new features ruined PvP and a single player can raid a base full of turrets as long as ur offline.

ok, rant over,
going back to my base to refarm all the blown behemoth gates and turret boxes so another random 123 can blow them up again.

well crap like that was expected... they all want to get rid of their stuff and cause havoc, til they move to the new servers.i think it would be smart from WC to make it: if you join a new server all your profiles on legacy get deleted. so the most of the trolls/dupers can only anoy people on one "cluster" instead of having the chance to anoy even more people

Some servers dont have this problem as much as others. If as a whole your server is full of bases made of stone they see the whole server as an easy target for raidingand greifing. Many other servers block drops and the tribes work together to scout and respond to the outsiders. Try getting w others on the server to crack downm

12 minutes ago, DinoMinions said:

Some servers dont have this problem as much as others. If as a whole your server is full of bases made of stone they see the whole server as an easy target for raidingand greifing. Many other servers block drops and the tribes work together to scout and respond to the outsiders. Try getting w others on the server to crack downm

Yea if you can't solve a particular problem on your home server - find a new one, possibly take a step back annd re-evaluate your old server before returning with a fresh perspective. 

The dino thing works because it shows you which server it was tamed or hatched on,  how would this work with people? you could make a character on a server and transfer it at level one and totally play on a different server or if it listed all servers that character has been too it could be a hundred servers long good luck picking out the correct one

1 minute ago, BookofBlade said:

The dino thing works because it shows you which server it was tamed or hatched on,  how would this work with people? you could make a character on a server and transfer it at level one and totally play on a different server or if it listed all servers that character has been too it could be a hundred servers long good luck picking out the correct one

Theoretically you can "track" which server people play on using Arktracker.com, but I havent gotten into using it that much - plus people are aware of that and take steps to evade such tracking. 

7 minutes ago, DarkCloud said:

Right now every player waiting to go to the new cluster has no motive to attain or build anything on the old cluster. So the only thing to do is attack/grief other people until they can return to normal MMO where they want to build, raid, etc.

Dunno what you're talking about, everything we have in legacy we are maintaining and are still in a massive state of war vs other huge tribes. PvP does not end just because another battlefield arises.

25 minutes ago, bulldog1986 said:

Dunno what you're talking about, everything we have in legacy we are maintaining and are still in a massive state of war vs other huge tribes. PvP does not end just because another battlefield arises.

33 minutes ago, DarkCloud said:

So the only thing to do is attack

Enjoy your duped spoils lol.

Don't have a big base?

Store your crap in purlovias far away from your base?

If you do have a big base,  design it so 1 - 2 person raid teams can't get in easily?    <-- most griefers operate in small groups or solo.

From what I can tell, that's what griefers themselves do.  Small hidden bases. They spend their time pretending they're noobs and non threatening.  PvP is 90% deception,  10% fighting.

1 hour ago, BookofBlade said:

It could list recent servers,  no system will be 100 percent fool proof,  but that would make a troll/raider have to jump thru more hoops and if they are careless they give away valuable info.  And it could just as easily give you the top 5 "time spent on" servers for a player as well.. 

1 hour ago, Kayin said:

Don't have a big base?

Store your crap in purlovias far away from your base?

If you do have a big base,  design it so 1 - 2 person raid teams can't get in easily?    <-- most griefers operate in small groups or solo.

From what I can tell, that's what griefers themselves do.  Small hidden bases. They spend their time pretending they're noobs and non threatening.  PvP is 90% deception,  10% fighting.

not the case at all
most raiders / griefers / trolls come from big alpha tribes where they have a lot of resources and gear to fall back on. 
our tribe has been alpha  since launch, we have fought 100's of them.
just recently things have changed to be more toxic.  They r not doing it for the loot but simply destroying your stuff and killing your dinos for lol's.
As an example:
I had a bunch of behemoth, dino gateframes (not even gates just gateframes) and spikes surrounding my base, someone with a lot of time and c4 to waste blew them all up. Didnt even try to raid my base, simple went around blowing up the gateframes.
Another example, had a farming treehouse, nothing really in there except fab, smithy, chem bench a cat and a dimorph, they broke in, destroyed everything inside, killed the cat and dimorph then proceeded to blow up all the turrets (even though i left them all unpinned).
Just a bunch of trolls with nothing better to do than make u re-farm and rebuild ur stuff.
Our server has had almost every noob quit because they kept getting rekt, on a weekly bases, by trolls blowing up their wooden and stone bases.
What kind of loot can a level 100+ get out of an obviously noob base that could be worth anything ?
This has become the norm for the Ark community since server transfers, and it is sad.

42 minutes ago, Trikky said:

Our server has had almost every noob quit because they kept getting rekt, on a weekly bases, by trolls blowing up their wooden and stone bases.
What kind of loot can a level 100+ get out of an obviously noob base that could be worth anything ?

I used to find very interesting stuff in wooden/stone constructs: blueprints, ascended gear, weapons, saddles, ammo etc.

Its like lottery - you invest little, but still have a small chance for loot.

14 minutes ago, bulldog1986 said:

Have never duped a day in my life, but hey, thanks for the compliment

Defensive much?

"Spoils", short for "spoils of war"

spoils of war pl (plural only)

1. Any profits extracted as the result of winning a war or other military activity. 

http://prntscr.com/gc67sv

15 minutes ago, bulldog1986 said:

sorry you couldn't cut it on the first batch of servers lil fella :)

I still have a base, and dinos, and everything so, don't mistake my disdain for the amount of duping/meshing you can pretend doesn't happen for failure to survive.

Archived