How make Swamp Cave the easiest cave in game?

Toqs

Hello everyone,

So I have been using this strategy for awhile and I thought I might share it with others. It requires using 2 megatheriums that are raised inside the swamp cave. 1 megatherium stays at the entrance and is used to clear the initial few rooms up until the tight pathway that the megatherium can't go through normally. The second megatherium is brought to the tight corridor that seems impassible but you can aim the sloth towards the wall and use it's right click attack to pop it up and climb part of the wall allowing you to fall through the passage. The second megatherium is permanently stuck inside the cave on that side of the passage. (The room where it forks left and right with the pool in the center). 

I ignore the right side of the cave and take the second megatherium left. Now there is another tight passage on the left and the megatherium wont fit if you try and walk through it. You need to get a sprinting start and run towards the right side of corridor and it will climb the side of the wall and pop through. (This corridor can be entered and exited). 

Arthroplueras can't break any armor or touch you while on the back of a sloth. This goes for any other dino in the cave.

End result is being able to power through the entire swamp cave in roughly 7min obtaining 2-3 red drops and an artifact without losing any armor, using any ammo, and injuring any dino.

Downside: 2 of your megatheriums are permanently stuck in the cave but they are out of any pathways that someone else might take.

Bonus: Nothing in the swamp cave aggros to the megatheriums. I just leave mine on neutral. Nothing has ever attacked them

I never leave the sloths back unless I am picking up a drop or artifact.

Prepare to have infinite xp as well. 

You also don't need a good saddle. Primitive is fine

If you have any questions about it i'd be happy to reply

Just now, DarkCloud said:

Or just take a frog with a good saddle..

I tried this but had issues of armor breaking and the frog getting low hp. This is just a strat I use to clear the cave very quickly and collect 2-3 ascendant bps a day and also kill everything without the sloth losing 1k health out of its 13-15k. People can do the cave however they like. This is just the easiest setup I have used for it

1 minute ago, thomz said:

what better megatherium or therizi ??  
at my server someone try breed 1 therizi at entarnce swamp cave.  i cant ask him , he never chat :( 
thanks for this trick. 

I would definitely say megatherium in swamp cave due to megatherium getting the bug buff once killing something. It nearly 1 shots everything in the cave

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, thomz said:

what better megatherium or therizi ??  
at my server someone try breed 1 therizi at entarnce swamp cave.  i cant ask him , he never chat :( 
thanks for this trick. 

I'd have to say a megatherium. It gets the insect killer buff plus the fact that it's an omnivore means that it can thrive and heal itself using the meat you gain from killing, as opposed to the theri which would need veggie cakes to recuperate whatever damage it gains.

12 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

It gets the insect killer buff plus the fact that it's an omnivore

owh. it omnivore.. i just test at single player mode, and spawn inside cave ,force tame it, no one aggro me when i ride megatherium (THE BEST) xD 
what better i feed when breed them ?? 

1 hour ago, Toqs said:

It nearly 1 shots everything in the cave

yeah. nice, just try at single player mode :D  

12 hours ago, Toqs said:

I tried this but had issues of armor breaking and the frog getting low hp. This is just a strat I use to clear the cave very quickly and collect 2-3 ascendant bps a day and also kill everything without the sloth losing 1k health out of its 13-15k. People can do the cave however they like. This is just the easiest setup I have used for it

I guess I haven't been in the swamp cave since they added arthroplura.

Archived