ANKY ARMY for the win

bigfishrob

So a friend has some ankys.... very much likes his ankys and thins the world of them. Got this wild idea to do a brood boss fight with them. about five of us said, sure we got nothing else to do lets go watch some anky slaughter. Well. we pulled the boss and charged in with 19 anky's and a yut. we thought they would take more dmg than they did. they had 20k hp and about 500% melee. We beat easy brood on official pc pve with 10 mins to spare without losing a single anky. in fact no anky took more than maybe 2k hp. We laughed our butts off. So for the knew meta..... Anky Army on brood. gonna try medium i think next weekend.

Ankys have been my secret weapon for a while now. Gigas and Allo packs munch through them more easily than rexes, but every time I've been raided there's always at least one anky and one doed left alive...and it's always the same. I find the Doed curled up in a ball in the base, and find the anky way out in the middle of nowhere with some gear and a few implants.

2 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

it's ankys man.... ankys.. dont rain on it just savor the anky power

Ankys have base damage comparable to rexes, decent HP pool, large AoE and way smaller profile (take less space) than Rexes making them take less damage from brood spits (they dont have to tank whole shotgun of green blobs).

Very underrated dino, imo.

You can probably bring 18 boss ankys with good saddles, fill them with cakes, and 2 riders on yuty and healpig to support the herd. And that composition will do just fine at higher difficulties.

45 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

I'm gonna have to try this with a herd of boss phiomias, have some decent saddle bp's sat at base just need to get the breeding down.  Was gonna try and breed some genetically mutated ovis of death but i doubt they would last long without a saddle. 

Sadly Phiomias dont have the power required to kill the boss in time. And i dont think you'll be able to drown the boss in the fertilizer component.

9 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Ankys have base damage comparable to rexes, decent HP pool, large AoE and way smaller profile (take less space) than Rexes making them take less damage from brood spits (they dont have to tank whole shotgun of green blobs).

Very underrated dino, imo.

You can probably bring 18 boss ankys with good saddles, fill them with cakes, and 2 riders on yuty and healpig to support the herd. And that composition will do just fine at higher difficulties.

Let's not go overboard and praise it as the next holy savior because they will not do great against the higher difficulties. Trust me. The bosses weren't nerfed utterly into the ground after all. They were adjusted. Beta will still be a bigger challenge than the very easy Gamma mode and you won't even do half damage to her at Alpha level before your army is dead.
Ankys have near the same damage as a Rex but more than half the rate of attack. That means the world in a boss fight.

Let's just keep the meme going with Anky power at Gamma level but don't over do it and make it into a serious conversation in higher difficulties ;) unless you of course provide the video proof. I shall bend the knee if that happens. 

6 hours ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Let's not go overboard and praise it as the next holy savior because they will not do great against the higher difficulties. Trust me. The bosses weren't nerfed utterly into the ground after all. They were adjusted. Beta will still be a bigger challenge than the very easy Gamma mode and you won't even do half damage to her at Alpha level before your army is dead.
Ankys have near the same damage as a Rex but more than half the rate of attack. That means the world in a boss fight.

Let's just keep the meme going with Anky power at Gamma level but don't over do it and make it into a serious conversation in higher difficulties ;) unless you of course provide the video proof. I shall bend the knee if that happens. 

dont be insulting the anky army now :). honestly i think better stat alotment medium for sure, maybe even hard brood is possible. especially if you add in potentially using some guns from the back of anky.

Archived