Wikus

Pillars don't stop spawning anymore ?

Posted (edited)

Hi guys , I always used pillars in a new base to stop wild dino spawning and resource spawning in a wide area around my base so I can setup my new base in peace without wild Dino's bothering me all the time. I recently started playing on Center and as usual I put a wide spike fence around the area I want my base and then litter the whole area inside of the fence with wooden pillars , 3 high , to stop wild dino spawning inside. This has still worked just 3 weeks ago on Island map when I started a new base there. But this does not work anymore. In this new base of mine on center both the resources and wild dino's simply keep spawning even though the whole place has been filled with 3 high pillars. Was this changed recently ? Or is this problem only on Center map ? And what works well now to stop wild dino spawns that is at the same time quick and easy to craft ?

I play in single player.

Edited by Wikus

1 minute ago, DarkCloud said:

I know when I played on the center some times dinos would spawn and be in my base. I think they were spawning on ledges way above/ in the sky and falling down. I had a dire bear on my roof once.

This happened to me all the time.  One of my base walls was a cliff. I know that was my fault but it got annoying until I lined the cliff with spike walls.

Pillars alone have never stopped spawns ... use pillars with ceilings snapped on them or foundations with pillars snapped in them. If your building in redwood on the center ... this spawn at the tops of trees and fall from the sky, so no amount of foundations will stop dino spawns.

1 hour ago, Wikus said:

Strange , it has always worked for me on Island in multiple bases on multiple restarts. Stopping both wild dino and resource spawning.  Anyway , can I just put 1 ceiling on top of each pillar , or must it be more than 1 ceiling ?

Just put a foundation, then you are sure that nothing will spawn :D