New Ragnarok Bosses!

AlphaCarno

3 hours ago, AlphaCarno said:

I tested all the flyers except quetz(for some reason I forgot :P) doesn't look like they go in. Arenas the same as the island ones.

Thank you this saves me a lot of time. Its not that difficult to win this arena with decent rexs and decent rex saddles. Do you have suggestions of where would be a good place to look for a rex saddle bp?

On 8/23/2017 at 0:19 AM, Thorium said:

They are official maps. Doesnt matters who makes them. They became official. And what makes sense about needing to have island in the cluster no matter what map you are playing?

Yes, they are official maps that are called DLC (translated: Optional). TheIsland map is the base game map where everything from the first dodo tame to the accession cave is. The Island map also contains everything required for all the achievements developed by wildcard. The DLC's do not contain every achievement such as some animal missing from Scorched Earth and one or more bosses missing from other maps.  The DLC's are in addition to the base game and played as an optional experience from add-on creations such as a Wyvern, Griffin, weather conditions, new terrain, etc). The cross Ark function allows the best of both world where a player can experience all the base game components using TheIsland map and enjoy some add-on DLC's. If a person intentionally chooses to play strictly a DLC (addition content only), then some of the base game will not be available.

15 hours ago, Nowtarfu said:

Yes, they are official maps that are called DLC (translated: Optional). TheIsland map is the base game map where everything from the first dodo tame to the accession cave is. The Island map also contains everything required for all the achievements developed by wildcard. The DLC's do not contain every achievement such as some animal missing from Scorched Earth and one or more bosses missing from other maps.  The DLC's are in addition to the base game and played as an optional experience from add-on creations such as a Wyvern, Griffin, weather conditions, new terrain, etc). The cross Ark function allows the best of both world where a player can experience all the base game components using TheIsland map and enjoy some add-on DLC's. If a person intentionally chooses to play strictly a DLC (addition content only), then some of the base game will not be available.

This is not the case in Ragnarok. It's not like scorched earth at all, which is a small additional map, which doesnt features everything of the game. Ragnarok has it all, explorer notes and accension are promissed to come to Ragnarok. But i dont hold by breath for ragnarok accenssion after the boss change.

Ragnarok is a huge map. The island would be the small additional map in a cluster. You would only go there to get the tek engrams and then abondon it. It's completly pointless to force it into the cluster just for the tek engrams. So yeah, rent 2 servers if you want all tek engrams? It's just plain stupid.

good bye ragna 

no need this bullpoop i have now the rex for the first broodmother and now new heavvier bosses  and this new bosses give not all tek engrams. really nice ...

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Boss_Arenas

and need all artefacts for the fist boss really kidding me ?

give the old bosses back !!

3 hours ago, nimanox1988 said:

good bye ragna 

no need this bullpoop i have now the rex for the first broodmother and now new heavvier bosses  and this new bosses give not all tek engrams. really nice ...

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Boss_Arenas

and need all artefacts for the fist boss really kidding me ?

give the old bosses back !!

what are you talking about xD? it doesn't need all the artis. and it gives all the engrams that they would in their perspective arena.

6 hours ago, AlphaCarno said:

what are you talking about xD? it doesn't need all the artis. and it gives all the engrams that they would in their perspective arena.

Unfortunately the bosses on Ragnarok do not unlock all the Engrams. They do not unlock anything associated with the Broodmother - which includes foundations, walls, pillars and ceilings (fairly important engrams), with the total amount of missing Engrams at 17 (out of a total of 43).

There was the impression that something would be added on the 29th to fill in the gaps, but upon testing after each patch the missing amount remains the same.

On ‎2017‎/‎08‎/‎25 at 10:26 PM, ApacheAlfredo said:

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to bring in yet?

We did the medium ragna bosses with 18 rexs (30k HP - 600 Melee), 1 daeodon and 1 yutyrannus. Asc rex saddles with 90+ armor on each rex. We would have won but we had a hard time trapping the manticore down on the ground and eventually ran out of time. Its doable like that though just requires the bosses to get glitched between the rexs. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

On 8/31/2017 at 2:33 PM, AlphaCarno said:

Just spawned alpha twice in solo. One time it was 1 alpha manticore, 1 gamma manticore, and one alpha dragon... The 2 alpha dragons and 1 alpha manticore. I'm all for 630 element in one go but how the heck are you supposed to do alpha with random boss spawns O.o 

How did you spawn them in?

Last time I checked (which was before the 268.11 patch), they didn't give the Engrams associated with beating the Broodmother. 

https://i.imgur.com/jzDiq9p.jpg

^ Engrams unlocked by completing the Alpha Rag boss fight.

As you can see, you're missing fairly important ones (foundations, walls, pillars and ceilings). The next major Ark patch is supposed to include a Rag update (269), but it's unclear if it'll fix the bosses or when it'll arrive on consoles.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so since the last boss update I did the beta boss last night. We were 10 people with 18 rexs, 1 daeodon and a yuti. For some reason we couldnt get the manticore to stay down. He kept flying up and we couldnt glitch him. Does anyone know of a way around this? We were discussing using Allos for the bleeding attack but I have read it doesnt work, I wonder if there is anything else. Please dont tell me I have to tame a spider and web the thing down lol!

Archived