server repurpose list.

spacemansg1
Message added by Captnmorgan

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Wednesday (August 23nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

Closer to release date we will also be communicating how these servers will be allocated, so you can prepare to take over a new server!

I'm sure it will be servers that have been tagged as having one mega tribe or two that are well known for cheating.;) As the population count is tagged by new players and old so all them tribes that just loved booting ppl off "our" server reap what you have sown. So I will be interested in seeing the list again.

Love Mom

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

inbefore you move, only to find out the server is dino capped so you can't even bring in your dinos

so you have to move again, and again

Exactly, i'm only glad my main base is on PVE, i really feel sorry for the people having to make this move on PVP and dealing with blocked Obi's, ambushes etc. 

Already seen a fair few on here planning to prey on those making the move on PVP.

Anybody notice that they said they'd be revisiting this every few months, and continuing to repurpose low-pop servers? So, what if they simply expunge the lowest 10% each time? How long before they get what they seem to have originally wanted, everyone playing on servers of the 'new' post-release variety? I've seen no clear evidence of this, but I do have to wonder if they are just trying to ease the old-timers out of their comfy old-timer servers.. or just get em to quit, now that they have their money.

8 minutes ago, DoctorWholmes said:

Anybody notice that they said they'd be revisiting this every few months, and continuing to repurpose low-pop servers? So, what if they simply expunge the lowest 10% each time? How long before they get what they seem to have originally wanted, everyone playing on servers of the 'new' post-release variety? I've seen no clear evidence of this, but I do have to wonder if they are just trying to ease the old-timers out of their comfy old-timer servers.. or just get em to quit, now that they have their money.

Maybe the devs have spent a little too much time playing SotF, they're designing one huge multi-server match with every shrinking territory :Jerbcry:

9 minutes ago, DoctorWholmes said:

you do have a point

howlong before the second "re-purpose" wave hits and people would have to move agaijn

i'd rather quit then move twice or three times

servers can't be that expensive to upkeep right? you can rent a server on nitrado for 3 months for 80 euros

i bet that in big bulk (100+ servers) price would even be less

ohwell

it starts to look more and more that they want a wipe, but put it on a long track and make people leave/move so they will have their fresh servers they wanted to have

2 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

you do have a point

howlong before the second "re-purpose" wave hits and people would have to move agaijn

i'd rather quit then move twice or three times

servers can't be that expensive to upkeep right? you can rent a server on nitrado for 3 months for 80 euros

i bet that in big bulk (100+ servers) price would even be less

ohwell

it starts to look more and more that they want a wipe, but put it on a long track and make people leave/move so they will have their fresh servers they wanted to have

There's a big difference between the server you rent and the ones a company rents that are open to the public.

One of the servers they have would cost you about $300-$500/Month depending on how they set it up. Yes they get volume discount, but on hardware packages you don't even see as a consumer.

13 minutes ago, GhengisCalm said:

It's now Thursday in the UK so the promised information on Wednesday has been and gone.

The time or day in the UK is irrelevant to their announcement. Its been Thursday for many hours in other countries.

They go by their own time, rather than listing all countries and their respective times.

:)

5 minutes ago, ScorchedSoul said:

The time or day in the UK is irrelevant to their announcement. Its been Thursday for many hours in other countries.

They go by their own time, rather than listing all countries and their respective times.

:)

Jat is UK based so I would presume that GMT would be the time zone that he would use.

Would you rather they rushed it out then realised it wasnt right so had to alter it a couple of days later, so people could potentially move only to find there was no need?

Theyre finally releasing their game, theyre busy, be patient.

If they really wanted to wipe servers then they would, it'd probably be easier for them.

1 minute ago, jdizzy2010 said:

When they do decide to give us a list they need to give us more time to move.  By Tuesday is not enough.  Are people supposed to have building materials stored and ready to move at a moments notice?

yes you must have a base in a base

vaults full with metal walls and whatelse

base-inception

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived