server repurpose list.

spacemansg1
Message added by Captnmorgan

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Wednesday (August 23nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

Closer to release date we will also be communicating how these servers will be allocated, so you can prepare to take over a new server!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ArkDoneRight said:

PvE probably wouldn't have been repurposed if PvE players didn't cry and moan about initially not getting brand new servers.

I was online when they announced that PvE was to be left alone they reversed that decision 5 minutes later. Nobody had time to cry. Jat first said it was public outcry. Everyone asked how the news is five minutes old then he reversed that and said it was  from internal pressure.

1 minute ago, Titus said:

I was online when they announced that PvE was to be left alone they reversed that decision 5 minutes later. Nobody had time to cry. Jat first said it was public outcry. Everyone asked how the news is five minutes old then he reversed that and said it was  from internal pressure.

there was two guys crying though lol

In Future i will see so many threads about ,,How i can get The Files to my Server''.

We can Hope that Wildcard Opening a Pinned Thread who they Write an Instruction with a to do List for all Server Admin Beginners.

Or Nitrado The Official Host in European write an Instruction for all People they want a own Server.

45 minutes ago, BookofBlade said:

I'm  picturing a scenario where everyone assumed someone else was making the list of servers and when it came time to post it yesterday they realized no one ever made a list at all so they have been pouring over the server data for the last 24 hours trying to piece a list together like a group project in college lol

^^^

I would not b surprised if this is happening ...

Without spamming the thread too much, there's probably different opinions being discussed and it's prob semi-serious convo. I would rather them mash it out right the first time if everyone can be patient 

or, they're just laughing their asses off at all the social media posts, drunk with sadistic God like power.

On 8/22/2017 at 5:39 AM, raptorjesus666 said:

hello, no this is not yet another "will official be wiped on release" thread

but there was a post about that low populated servers will be "repurposed"

, play on such low populated server (official 714, scorched earth)

does that mean i raptored?

will there be a lift released that says what servers will be "repurposed"

curious to that list once its released

They didn't say "low populated" but, absolutely empty. This will more then likely be Hardcore servers and standard primitive severs that only have maybe 1 or 2 people on at a time during the highest point of there population. So if your sever has more then one or two people that get on that sever a week you will be just fine .:Jerblove:

Just now, PrimalBroom744 said:

They didn't say "low populated" but, absolutely empty. This will more then likely be Hardcore servers and standard primitive severs that only have maybe 1 or 2 people on at a time during the highest point of there population. So if your sever has more then one or two people that get on that sever a weak you will be just fine .:Jerblove:

my server usually has 3 to 5 people when i'm online

often i'm alone (depend on time)

there are bases, so obviously people play. they just do not play alot, or only come if they need wyvern milk,pearls or oil

while i allways play on scorched earth

so ye, in some way my server is little used

4 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

my server usually has 3 to 5 people when i'm online

often i'm alone (depend on time)

there are bases, so obviously people play. they just do not play alot, or only come if they need wyvern milk,pearls or oil

while i allways play on scorched earth

so ye, in some way my server is little used

Again they said that to be put on the list it will have to show a population where only 1-2 people are active on their over 3 weeks. that doesn't mean at all times. so if there is more 3 people on during that time at some point during those 3 weeks you will be just fine an dandy :Jerblove: with 3-5 your already way above that mark and you will be fine. 

I think it will be leaning more towards hardcore servers as well as primitive and extinction severs that literally will have not a single person on them for days at a time.

Just now, PrimalBroom744 said:

Again they said that to be put on the list it will have to show a population where only 1-2 people are active on their over 3 weeks. that doesn't mean at all times. so if there is more 3 people on during that time at some point during those 3 weeks you will be just find any dandy :Jerblove: with 3-5 your already way above that mark and you will be fine. 

I think it will be leaning more towards hardcore servers as well as primitive and extinction severs that literally will have not a single person on them for days at a time.

THEY SAID ALOT

first no wipe

then re-purpose

then we would have 4 weeks time to move,as they would inform people

now we have less then a week to move

yea, people are getting worried

3 minutes ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

Again they said that to be put on the list it will have to show a population where only 1-2 people are active on their over 3 weeks. that doesn't mean at all times. so if there is more 3 people on during that time at some point during those 3 weeks you will be just find any dandy :Jerblove: with 3-5 your already way above that mark and you will be fine. 

They said bottom 10% multiple times, sounds like they're looking for an exact number of servers to repurpose for launch. The bottom 10% are not only made up of servers with near zero population, theres some fairly populated servers still in the bottom 10%. Pretty sure they only said what they did about ghost towns and dead servers just to stop us complaining in the meantime, theres no way you can repurpose 10% of all servers without displacing a lot of people.

Finding it genuinely irritating at this point, they seem to find time to retweet engagement tweets, update maintenance tweets, happy birthday tweets, tweets about gamescom and server rental, all today. And yet not a moment can be spared for the loyal players who are sitting here queuing up at obelisks with all their possessions and dinos to find out whose going to have the last 2 years of their work wiped clean in a couple of days as the clock ticks closer and closer to deletion day :Jerbmad:

Just now, raptorjesus666 said:

THEY SAID ALOT

first no wipe

then re-purpose

then we would have 4 weeks time to move,as they would inform people

now we have less then a week to move

yea, people are getting worried

They said this in to official report to several reporters :Jerbmad: and have had several official releases on this forum. So firstly this is repourpse will happen. I'm just stating what their CEO has mentioned. Now if your server is extremely empty invite some tribes to move onto your server and not wipe every one you see. As SE alphas on official PVP and PVE tend to be more raid happy then others and to be honest and they also love to kite dragons all over the place. So you kind of wrote your own eulogy it seems if so few people are on your server. Now with the population you have mentioned I don't think anything will happen but, clammier in fear even though the CEO has given perimeters as to what the quota is to be put on the list. 

5 minutes ago, Hammond said:

Finding it genuinely irritating at this point, they seem to find time to retweet engagement tweets, update maintenance tweets, happy birthday tweets, tweets about gamescom and server rental, all today. And yet not a moment can be spared for the loyal players who are sitting here queuing up at obelisks with all their possessions and dinos to find out whose going to have the last 2 years of their work wiped clean in a couple of days as the clock ticks closer and closer to deletion day :Jerbmad:

It's 3P.M. Here and generally I don't see major updates until about 8 P.M. . So there is plenty of day left and I would suggest to you to be patient and wait till you see this list before you freak out.

4 minutes ago, Hammond said:

Same here. We are a fairly extensive tribe and as the time ticks down the list of dinos we will be able to take is getting shorter. Most of our tribe works full time so it will take a while to fine a place, secure it, and then move dinos. Just very frustrating. Beginning to wonder if this is their way of forcing us older players to private servers so the noobs will have a chance.??

5 minutes ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

They said this in to official report to several reporters :Jerbmad: and have had several official releases on this forum. So firstly this is repourpse will happen. I'm just stating what their CEO has mentioned. Now if your server is extremely empty invite some tribes to move onto your server and not wipe every one you see. As SE alphas on official PVP and PVE tend to be more raid happy then others and to be honest and they also love to kite dragons all over the place. So you kind of wrote your own eulogy it seems if so few people are on your server. Now with the population you have mentioned I don't think anything will happen but, clammier in fear even though the CEO has given perimeters as to what the quota is to be put on the list. 

i doubt you are correct

if there even was a list allready, then inviting new tribes would affect this in no way whatsoever..the list would allready be made

since none (but you) seem to have a respond, and there are now source for me to check myself, i'll just leave it at this

see for yourself the amount of people who are looking for info, and look at the amount of people who have info

tip: you are a minority

3 minutes ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

It's 3P.M. Here and generally I don't see major updates until about 8 P.M. . So there is plenty of day left and I would suggest to you to be patient and wait till you see this list before you freak out.

I'm not freaking out, merely voicing my frustration. The fact is that moving is a big operation for some tribes, not only moving but locating an appropriate new server which is a process we can't really even begin until we know whats being deleted. As is the case with a lot of people, i work full time and have plans i'm already committed to on the weekend, if i'm going to have to move i was hoping to have a head start by now.

1 minute ago, Hammond said:

I'm not freaking out, merely voicing my frustration. The fact is that moving is a big operation for some tribes, not only moving but locating an appropriate new server which is a process we can't really even begin until we know whats being deleted. As is the case with a lot of people, i work full time and have plans i'm already committed to on the weekend, if i'm going to have to move i was hoping to have a head start by now.

inbefore you move, only to find out the server is dino capped so you can't even bring in your dinos

so you have to move again, and again

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived