server repurpose list.

spacemansg1
Message added by Captnmorgan

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Wednesday (August 23nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

Closer to release date we will also be communicating how these servers will be allocated, so you can prepare to take over a new server!

On 8/22/2017 at 3:20 AM, Harrist14 said:

Personally I think most of the servers will be scorched, they're all abandoned. If there are only 3 people online, there's a good chance you'll be on the list. You should have today until release based on what they said. 

Considering scorched earth was a paid DLC not many of those servers will go down. Not many people are on during my hours but the Chinese and European players and others with similar time zones play when I'm asleep. As long as enough people are active throughout the day and everyday, then your server is fine. 

Ghost PVE and PVP island and center maps will probably be the majority of the servers being repurposed because there are many more of those. No way Ragnarok is getting touched because they just released that map not too long ago, either right before or after they made the decision to do something about ghost servers.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone in here who knows more about server hosting who could shed a little light onto how we would actually be able to apply these save files to our own dedicated server insofar as recreating the server as it was and retaining your character, imprints etc? is this even possible? I've never tried setting one up before, thought it would be straight forward but after reading this thread its a little worrying that even nitrado don't seem to know how it would work in reality. WC made it sound very simple but i'm not even sure retaining our tribes, imprints etc is going to be possible if we do choose to host our own dedi..

4 minutes ago, Hammond said:

Anyone in here who knows more about server hosting who could shed a little light onto how we would actually be able to apply these save files to our own dedicated server insofar as recreating the server as it was and retaining your character, imprints etc? is this even possible? I've never tried setting one up before, thought it would be straight forward but after reading this thread its a little worrying that even nitrado don't seem to know how it would work in reality. WC made it sound very simple but i'm not even sure retaining our tribes, imprints etc is going to be possible if we do choose to host our own dedi..

They'll give you the save file which contains all map/player data, server settings etc. All you should have to do is set up the Ark server & transfer that save folder via FTP. She should start up with everything as it was on official.

Shame they went back on their word... a lot of people were depending on them to keep their 4 week promise. Sure, they said it a year ago, but what has really changed that they could not give notice and they never redacted in in any of their notices before this week. I find no reason anywhere why they could not keep their word. This was a promise to their player base, not a passing tweet in the night. A year was not that long ago.

Just now, NathanAndDaddy said:

Shame they went back on their word... a lot of people were depending on them to keep their 4 week promise. Sure, they said it a year ago, but what has really changed that they could not give notice and they never redacted in in any of their notices before this week. I find no reason anywhere why they could not keep their word. This was a promise to their player base, not a passing tweet in the night. A year was not that long ago.

Ya, first they said 4 weeks, then August 22nd, now the list is suppose to be available today and I still see nothing...

1 minute ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

Yeah agrred people love saying so much has chaned since then but would love to see the list of reasons why things arnt being done because of change seems more likely lack of effort

11 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

They'll give you the save file which contains all map/player data, server settings etc. All you should have to do is set up the Ark server & transfer that save folder via FTP. She should start up with everything as it was on official.

Thanks for the info, hope it works. Just wasn't sure how i'd retrieve my character but i guess if its through my steam ID that makes sense

16 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

And what if you'r a console player who will need to move to SP - can the same thing be done?

3 hours ago, GP said:

It will be posted as an announcement. I think this will either be in the announcements forum or the announcement function that will appear at the top of the forum on every page you go on. I'm thinking the latter because Jat said you won't be able to miss it.

WC better hurry up or they'll be the ones who missed it - again! O.o

4 minutes ago, Hammond said:

Thanks for the info, hope it works. Just wasn't sure how i'd retrieve my character but i guess if its through my steam ID that makes sense

No problem.

2 minutes ago, electricblooz said:

And what if you'r a console player who will need to move to SP - can the same thing be done?

Should be. SP save files work a little differently so it might ignore some of the a server settings and you'll have to reset them in your menu. You'll also likely have to Re-name the folder to "SavedArksLocal" for example. That's assuming they use the same naming conventions they do in PC.

I'm sure they'll release instructions with the files when the time comes.

I'm  picturing a scenario where everyone assumed someone else was making the list of servers and when it came time to post it yesterday they realized no one ever made a list at all so they have been pouring over the server data for the last 24 hours trying to piece a list together like a group project in college lol

1 minute ago, ArkDoneRight said:

PvE probably wouldn't have been repurposed if PvE players didn't cry and moan about initially not getting brand new servers.

Yeah, I don't know much about the community but any of those huge cathedral style bases I've seen would be a huge loss.  Most of the pve players I've seen have tek beacons so it won't be too hard to move, but good lord I've seen buildings that must have taken months to build!  I would probably quit the game if I lost something that huge.

Just now, Piddlefingers said:

Yeah, I don't know much about the community but any of those huge cathedral style bases I've seen would be a huge loss.  Most of the pve players I've seen have tek beacons so it won't be too hard to move, but good lord I've seen buildings that must have taken months to build!  I would probably quit the game if I lost something that huge.

Yeah........... thats me i spent countless days building 

some of  tames are allready gathered at obi ^^

all my industustrial stuff has been deleted, and crafted again (with new materials i had to gather)

gonan be a fckton of back and forth transfering with the 50 limit slot tho, and everyone will do it so who knwos how croded the obis will be

creating lag, a lost character here and there

here the official servers will be wiped bit by bit, just as "planned"

2 minutes ago, Piddlefingers said:

So if they give you the server save for your own use, wouldn't someone be able to scout all the bases on that server in sp and then find the best loot to risk ratio bases and hit them before or while their owners were moving?  

Yeah, no one gets the save files till after the server is wiped.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived