server repurpose list.

spacemansg1
Message added by Captnmorgan

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Wednesday (August 23nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

Closer to release date we will also be communicating how these servers will be allocated, so you can prepare to take over a new server!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to be patient but they are leaving this way too late. If they're getting repurposed for launch on tuesday they'll probably be getting wiped monday at the latest. For players in Asia/OC its already gonna be thursday even if they publish the list when Jat said they would. God help anyone who decides to actually make plans on the weekend.

I read that on the 22nd of August, Yesterday (Day before I posted this), a list of Official servers that were being wiped would be out. I've looked everywhere. General Discussion, Announcements, etc. And I haven't found anything on it. If it is out, Can someone link it? If it's not, Then never mind, Thank you

well i won´t bother moving if it hits my server now, since they announce it this late. just gonna say goodbye to legacy and start fresh on new servers- and i´m pretty damn sure i will not be the only one with this thought in mind, so they´re hurting their own  "legacy players will stay at legacy since that is where their home is"-idea :D

allready starting to destroy and rebuild stuff for easy transfer http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1118488736 and alot of other people are doing the same

making new characters on other servers just to inspect them/find spots and claim the zone

a shame really i dare not play/build serious for the last 2 days now

2 hours ago, vapeur156 said:

Will Single Player on PC be possibly affected? How do you find the server id in SP?

Single Player will not be affected by changes to servers. On singleplayer, your game save data is stored on your computer since your computer is "hosting" the game you are playing. Outside of major game-changing patches, there are very few things that Wildcard will do that will affect your singleplayer game saves.

8 minutes ago, Crasla said:

I kind of feel like not wanting to do anything else in this game until I know the next move

If you've noticed, most of the players who are familiar with the early-access/beta/pre-launch process started their break from the game weeks or months ago. Changes, catastrophes, and missed deadlines are fairly common during this stage of development. Those who have been through it before know from experience that the best bet is to sit back and let these changes happen, perhaps jumping in now and again to see what the progress is like.

The "anticipation-frustration" cycle is inevitable this close to launch. Expecting anything else from any game developer prior to launch is really just setting yourself up for frustration.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived