server repurpose list.

spacemansg1
Message added by Captnmorgan

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Wednesday (August 23nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

Closer to release date we will also be communicating how these servers will be allocated, so you can prepare to take over a new server!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, akumaspkplayer said:

im confused i thought, there was to be NO wipes? now they are wipen dead servers or what they see as a dead server and turning them into new servers? thats kind of bullpoop really..

So this means what for the servers on that list? we lose all the work and time put into it ?

Naw you will get a copy of the server file to use on your own rented private server. HuEHUEHUE

The way I understand it, if you are on the "re-purpose" list you have 2 options to keep your stuff.

Migrate to a server that isn't wiped.  This means you get to try to find a spot on that server, move your dinos and stuff, and deconstruct your base for materials.

The other option I dont understand very well.  You can take a save of your current server, pay for a private server, and play there?

1 minute ago, Lexi said:

The way I understand it, if you are on the "re-purpose" list you have 2 options to keep your stuff.

Migrate to a server that isn't wiped.  This means you get to try to find a spot on that server, move your dinos and stuff, and deconstruct your base for materials.

The other option I dont understand very well.  You can take a save of your current server, pay for a private server, and play there?

I expect you could load up an unofficial self hosted version

1 hour ago, Lexi said:

goodluck migrating

thr "populated" servers that i have visited because the odds are big my server will be gonr

are ocerwrowded as raptor. literally base after base, with a sea of pillars inbetween

yea, that's not my type of fun

i prefer the smaller community where everyone can do what he want without blocking someone else

I heard someone say that Wildcard is closing down some servers, so that would mean that there is a list somewhere.

I am worried one of the SE servers I play is on that list. But I been looking at forums for an hour or so, and I cant find that list anywhere.

Where is this list? And if the other person was full of raptor, then where would I find such a list in the future? I assume announcements, but I don't know for sure.

15 hours ago, raptorjesus666 said:

i just don't get why people think se is so bad

huge amounts of oil

pearls literally on the floor, just have to pick them up

crystal and obsidian in overflow, a cave literally right behind my base

on x3 a full trip awarded me 7800 crystal and 5500 obsidian with a mantis and a direbear, cave respawned every hour so ye have several vaults filled

there is no shortage of metal either

deep sea loot crates variants, are here without a risk (no alpha predators lurking the depths)

no trolls like wild gigas/titanos

rock eles are easy dealt with

etc etc

For me personally it was the weather. Ark can be tedious enough at times, but to sit in my adobe shelter because it's too hot outside or to have to build a tent somewhere and literally twiddle my thumbs for 15 whole minutes because there's a sandstorm. No thanks...

If they reduce the sandstorm duration by like 2/3 I would consider going back.

edit: Also, evaporation from Water Jars and Cantinas? No thanks, the entire point of having those is so they last and can take multiple sips. 

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, akumaspkplayer said:

im confused i thought, there was to be NO wipes? now they are wipen dead servers or what they see as a dead server and turning them into new servers? thats kind of bullpoop really..

So this means what for the servers on that list? we lose all the work and time put into it ?

The low pop server repurpose was detailed in the original announcement about the no general wipe. Give it another read. 

6 minutes ago, GP said:

The low pop server repurpose was detailed in the original announcement about the no general wipe. Give it another read. 

There's just something for me about saying "our goal is to preserve any place with human activity" and "ghost towns with populations near zero for an extended time" and the fact they're repurposing 10% of servers plus more every 3 month that just doesn't sync up.

The bottom 10% of officials are certainly not ghost towns with 0 players, if they're wiping 10% they're going to be wiping some fairly well populated servers and if they wipe more 3 months later after refugees from those servers have been crammed onto the remaining ones then they're gonna be wiping more and more populated servers every time.

where do they draw the line? 

Within 1 year if they follow that strategy the legacy servers will be virtually unplayable through overcrowding and the same people could have their servers fall under the hammer 3-4 times every time they get settled into a new one. 

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate them keeping the legacy severs running but by wiping servers from an already overpopulated group I do wonder if this isn't just a slower more painful way to go.

33 minutes ago, Hammond said:

There's just something for me about saying "our goal is to preserve any place with human activity" and "ghost towns with populations near zero for an extended time" and the fact they're repurposing 10% of servers plus more every 3 month that just doesn't sync up.

The bottom 10% of officials are certainly not ghost towns with 0 players, if they're wiping 10% they're going to be wiping some fairly well populated servers and if they wipe more 3 months later after refugees from those servers have been crammed onto the remaining ones then they're gonna be wiping more and more populated servers every time.

where do they draw the line? 

Within 1 year if they follow that strategy the legacy servers will be virtually unplayable through overcrowding and the same people could have their servers fall under the hammer 3-4 times every time they get settled into a new one. 

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate them keeping the legacy severs running but by wiping servers from an already overpopulated group I do wonder if this isn't just a slower more painful way to go.

From link provided: "Every three months we will be taking a review of the Legacy Officials to see what the numbers are like and may consider repurposing more ‘ghost towns’, however, the goal will be to preserve any place with human activity."

May consider is different than will, and even if they do repurpose more servers it doesn't necessarily mean it's the bottom 10% every time they do it.

3 hours ago, KingGalahad said:

With their record on hitting ETAs, is this surprising?

They are downright terrible at communicating and planning deadlines/ETA's. I understand that they are considered a "small company" but they ought to be able to hit more deadlines. Why say that you'll put up the list on tuesday if you aren't 100% sure that you will be able to do so? Put in some time buffers if there is the slightest uncertaincy on wether or not you'll be able to get ready in due time. This is beyond my comprehension :|

Let's hope they actually put the list up there today for the sake of people that has to migrate. Glad I ain't one of them o.O

6 hours ago, Adelaar0355 said:

Here is the post from @Jat

The Server Info/Migration Announcement will be posted on Wednesday now. Sorry guys, team is busy as ever prepping for launch. ?

Im sure it takes more time to post a list than an excuse especially for someone that uses computers for a living.

the terrible thing about this whole ordeal isn't that we're being forced to move (I've done it before, it sucks but its doable). The terrible thing is the now so-called "legacy" servers are being forced to go to other "legacy" servers.  Overpopulation will run rampant, people will be forced to quit or go to private servers.  No it won't be a full out wipe at first, but it will get to that point eventually, since we can't escape to the new servers where there is plenty of space.  It's total wipe piece by piece.

1 hour ago, RaidenSola said:

the terrible thing about this whole ordeal isn't that we're being forced to move (I've done it before, it sucks but its doable). The terrible thing is the now so-called "legacy" servers are being forced to go to other "legacy" servers.  Overpopulation will run rampant, people will be forced to quit or go to private servers.  No it won't be a full out wipe at first, but it will get to that point eventually, since we can't escape to the new servers where there is plenty of space.  It's total wipe piece by piece.

Yeah. It is. And that why we going to start over on new servers after release :)

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived