server repurpose list.

spacemansg1
Message added by Captnmorgan

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Wednesday (August 23nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

Closer to release date we will also be communicating how these servers will be allocated, so you can prepare to take over a new server!

where is the list of servers that will be taken down to become the new servers on release day ?? 

(

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Tuesday (August 22nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

Closer to release date we will also be communicating how these servers will be allocated, so you can prepare to take over a new server!  ) 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello, no this is not yet another "will official be wiped on release" thread

but there was a post about that low populated servers will be "repurposed"

, play on such low populated server (official 714, scorched earth)

does that mean i raptored?

will there be a lift released that says what servers will be "repurposed"

curious to that list once its released

• Volunteer Moderator

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Tuesday (August 22nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

Closer to release date we will also be communicating how these servers will be allocated, so you can prepare to take over a new server!

1 minute ago, Captnmorgan said:

thanks heaps for the official reply

as stated, i play on official 714 (scorched earth) not really an active server, like right now there is 3/70 people online)

i take it the odds are quite bad for me/us

should i better start packing allready, or will there be plenty of time to tear down my base and move all to a different server that hopefully stays ( if there would be decent ground to actually build on, high populated servers are like a pincushion made of pillars hence why i opted for low pop one)

i have nearly 2400 hours i this game. had my fair share of fun, but also missery

it's early access i complelty understand and can live with that

we all lost a dino or two to say the least, or had stuff lost

but the closing of a server is a big step-up

looking forward to that list

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, raptorjesus666 said:

thanks heaps for the official reply

as stated, i play on official 714 (scorched earth) not really an active server, like right now there is 3/70 people online)

i take it the odds are quite bad for me/us

should i better start packing allready, or will there be plenty of time to tear down my base and move all to a different server that hopefully stays ( if there would be decent ground to actually build on, high populated servers are like a pincushion made of pillars hence why i opted for low pop one)

i have nearly 2400 hours i this game. had my fair share of fun, but also missery

it's early access i complelty understand and can live with that

we all lost a dino or two to say the least, or had stuff lost

but the closing of a server is a big step-up

looking forward to that list

Just posting what devs have said... Hope everything works out for you. Have a good morning

I think the SE servers might get a bit of grace... unless they're almost always empty. Given that it's a DLC map rather than available to all like The Island and The Center, there's a chance there'll be a lower population on them (not everyone who has ARK owns SE) and there's not a massive amount of SE servers anyway. A lot of people live on one of the other maps but maintain a presence on SE that they visit from time to time in order to get wyverns etc, so it's a maybe a little bit of a different case.

13 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

I think the SE servers might get a bit of grace... unless they're almost always empty. Given that it's a DLC map rather than available to all like The Island and The Center, there's a chance there'll be a lower population on them (not everyone who has ARK owns SE) and there's not a massive amount of SE servers anyway. A lot of people live on one of the other maps but maintain a presence on SE that they visit from time to time in order to get wyverns etc, so it's a maybe a little bit of a different case.

really hope so

and i admit many people just play se when they need oil/pearls/milk

so this would also mean why population count is low, compared to maps as the island

but i live on se, my actual base is there

so for guys like me this would be really bad

2 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

I don't think they're going to touch SE maps with the Phoenix coming out, but who knows. I would expect hardcore x maps and very, very low pop island maps to come under scrutiny. 

hope the phoenix brings new life to se ^^ it's such a nice dlc

high risk, but high reward

1 minute ago, Aldor said:

SE needs more than the Phoenix to bring players back to it.

It is a shame that the only paid DLC is played so little and I'm personally expecting my low pop SE server to make the list. I always had hope that they'd go back and finish SE at some point so it would be a shame if they limit space now for legacy players.

i just don't get why people think se is so bad

huge amounts of oil

pearls literally on the floor, just have to pick them up

crystal and obsidian in overflow, a cave literally right behind my base

on x3 a full trip awarded me 7800 crystal and 5500 obsidian with a mantis and a direbear, cave respawned every hour so ye have several vaults filled

there is no shortage of metal either

deep sea loot crates variants, are here without a risk (no alpha predators lurking the depths)

no trolls like wild gigas/titanos

rock eles are easy dealt with

etc etc

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived