Why is it so hard to make it accesible

FluffyDinoPartey

Hi, 

I mean we started on Ragnarok when the official servers hit, we bred, tamed and all the important stuff for bossfights, we planned our base to actually enter boss arenas from it. And now, with the latest update only the Ragnarok Boss is available? Why is it so hard to make all Bosses accessible from every map, I don't want to transfer to the Island to do poop, I want to do it from my home, my server where I am playing. 

This is just plain stupid, if you want to force us to go to one map remove all other maps and let us play on island, then it would make sense.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

Hi, 

I mean we started on Ragnarok when the official servers hit, we bred, tamed and all the important stuff for bossfights, we planned our base to actually enter boss arenas from it. And now, with the latest update only the Ragnarok Boss is available? Why is it so hard to make all Bosses accessible from every map, I don't want to transfer to the Island to do poop, I want to do it from my home, my server where I am playing. 

This is just plain stupid, if you want to force us to go to one map remove all other maps and let us play on island, then it would make sense.

Are you sure about that? Nothing about the bosses was listed in the patch notes found here https://ark.gamepedia.com/Patch_Notes

6 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Are you sure about that? Nothing about the bosses was listed in the patch notes found here https://ark.gamepedia.com/Patch_Notes

We just checked all 3 Obelisks, only Rangarok Portal Easy, Medium and Hard available. (PS: the best thing about it, you need every artifact for this Boss portal, even for the easy one ...)

16 minutes ago, pkerjock said:

They do this all the time. Everything is behind walls so you need to pay expansions/waste time transferring to other maps. No clue why they can't just make it easier for everyone and just have every boss on every map. 

The time waste is the biggest problem + the cooldown on transferring our Boss Rexes, why even play on a Server when u just can enter 1 Boss...

For the exact reasons you stated.

Island and Scorched Earth are the official game. All others are Modifications.

No way they would want, and rightfully so, everything available on a modification map when it is not on official servers.

Wildcard is nice enough to allow modification to maps/additional maps.

No one would play the official maps if the following was the case. 

Easier Maps, Flat ground everywhere, massive resource nodes everywhere, all boss fights available to me, easier to farm element, lots of water Dinos (black Pearls). Why would anyone want to play anywhere else other than the most recent Mod that makes all of these things easier?

3 minutes ago, Palenor said:

No way they would want, and rightfully so, everything available on a modification map when it is not on official servers.

Easier Maps, Flat ground everywhere, massive resource nodes everywhere, all boss fights available to me, easier to farm element, lots of water Dinos (black Pearls). Why would anyone want to play anywhere else other than the most recent Mod that makes all of these things easier?

Ragnarok is definitely not an easier map, than island - SE is an other aspect because of the perma heat, but im not talking about SE or the Manticore, just talking about the 3 Main Bosses of ARK. An no, it is one game, one game that allows players to choose the map where they want to play on. As stated above, if they want us to play on Island, then remove the other maps (Center/Rag) or make it available to all Maps. It can't be that hard to understand that some1 doesnt want the stress/time invest to change server to run 2 bases etc...

57 minutes ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

We just checked all 3 Obelisks, only Rangarok Portal Easy, Medium and Hard available. (PS: the best thing about it, you need every artifact for this Boss portal, even for the easy one ...)

The time waste is the biggest problem + the cooldown on transferring our Boss Rexes, why even play on a Server when u just can enter 1 Boss...

So you're saying that you're unable to summon any of the bosses on The Island map? If that's the case I'm sure it's either a bug or perhaps they needed to take them offline to work on adjustments to them before final release.

50 minutes ago, Palenor said:

Like Palenor said, no one would play the official maps, and you now know about the costs of playing Ragnarok. Don't like it? Play the Island or SE. 

45 minutes ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

Ragnarok is definitely not an easier map, than island - SE is an other aspect because of the perma heat, but im not talking about SE or the Manticore, just talking about the 3 Main Bosses of ARK. An no, it is one game, one game that allows players to choose the map where they want to play on. As stated above, if they want us to play on Island, then remove the other maps (Center/Rag) or make it available to all Maps. It can't be that hard to understand that some1 doesnt want the stress/time invest to change server to run 2 bases etc...

Financially, and maybe even legally, removing the center and the new map Ragnarok, would be a very bad move. One, it would show that Wildcard lacks a plan or direction for the game.

Secondly, people have waited specifically for Ragnarok, and this has been a major drive to continue playing, at least for console players.

Thirdly, to take something away which may have been the whole reason for someone to get the game to play with friends, say if their friends play Ragnarok, and now since Ragnarok was removed, and their friends decided to quit ark now, that would discourage that player, and most likely not make that player advertise the game to other potential buyers as a good purchase. (Maybe potential lawsuit, depending on way people involved).

Fourth, having a large playerbase is good for games like this for two reasons: advertisement, and enjoyment for other DLC-buying players. Without other playere, there is no pvp or raiding, no trading, no new tribe members. Game dies without players. Lack of players? No free advertising to friends and family.

Lastly, lets look at what happens to wildcard once they removed the map. Many people would be driven from the game, if their map they like to play on was just deleted, and now they want to quit. This means potential future DLCs are not bought, and indirectly, Wilfcard just lost themselves a lot of money.

Sorry for the super long post. As a Business student, looking over what you mentioned you wanted absolutely made me want to cringe at the consequences. 

54 minutes ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

Exactly,  you just answered your own question, it's your choice.. but what I can't figure out is why so many think they can have freedom of choice without consequences.. the official maps are the officials,  WC didn't have to include other maps but they did and you should really be grateful instead of this nit picking.. the base game is still available and rag has every tame to my knowledge,  something the two official maps do not.. but all in all I do think it's a bug,  I remember seeing it somewhere but can't quite remember exactly where..

1 hour ago, Palenor said:

Nah. If they're going to make these maps official and have official servers of them, they should get over their nonsense and allow boss fights on each. 

Just now, Harrist14 said:

Nah. If they're going to make these maps official and have official servers of them, they should get over their nonsense and allow boss fights on each. 

Or at least let you transfer the trophies/element to other maps in the clusters.  If it wasn't for the mod that allows it I would have stopped playing the game.  I'm spent way to much time playing on the island that it's boring as hell. 

5 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Exactly,  you just answered your own question, it's your choice.. but what I can't figure out is why so many think they can have freedom of choice without consequences.. the official maps are the officials,  WC didn't have to include other maps but they did and you should really be grateful instead of this nit picking.. the base game is still available and rag has every tame to my knowledge,  something the two official maps do not.. but all in all I do think it's a bug,  I remember seeing it somewhere but can't quite remember exactly where..

It isn't a bug, they mentioned removing it purposely. 

Just now, BeardO said:

Or at least let you transfer the trophies/element to other maps in the clusters.  If it wasn't for the mod that allows it I would have stopped playing the game.  I'm spent way to much time playing on the island that it's boring as hell. 

Even then though, it's stupid to expect everyone on the center or rag or scorched to maintain a base on the island just for bosses. 

Just now, BeardO said:

Well the reason he might be saying it's a bug is that the day they disappeared, the Rag map creator sat there on discord saying "I don't know why they are gone", making it sound like it was unintentional.

I take that more that they didn't tell him. The ragnarok developer also said later that the ark devs disabled them. 

4 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

I take that more that they didn't tell him. The ragnarok developer also said later that the ark devs disabled them. 

Said later, at first it sounded like a bug.  Of course all this is would be a moot point if WC would have just came out and said Oh BTW we removed them.  Hate their poopty little sly crap like this.

8 minutes ago, BeardO said:

Said later, at first it sounded like a bug.  Of course all this is would be a moot point if WC would have just came out and said Oh BTW we removed them.  Hate their poopty little sly crap like this.

They're a week out from final release on a game that's been in early access for years. I think announcing minor stuff like that is the least of their problems atm. Furthermore out of all the stuff they don't tell people, this wouldn't even be in the top 10.

Just now, Jacira said:

They're a week out from final release on a game that's been in early access for years. I think announcing minor stuff like that is the least of their problems atm. Furthermore out of all the stuff they don't tell people, this wouldn't even be in the top 10.

Really?  Removing the ability to progress in a game is minor?  They wrote patch notes, which means it would have taken them a whopping 5 second to add the line -removed bosses from Ragnarok. 

WC has always sucked at communicating with the players, they suck at technical support, they make a lot of poop decisions....so yeah they do have bigger problems that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, BeardO said:

Really?  Removing the ability to progress in a game is minor?  They wrote patch notes, which means it would have taken them a whopping 5 second to add the line -removed bosses from Ragnarok. 

WC has always sucked at communicating with the players, they suck at technical support, they make a lot of poop decisions....so yeah they do have bigger problems that's for sure.

They didn't remove it, moving from server to server for resources/tames/now bosses/ etc is and has been a pretty clear mechanic they intend to use...

33 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Even then though, it's stupid to expect everyone on the center or rag or scorched to maintain a base on the island just for bosses. 

Or maybe you should find suitable allies and trade for what you need including a safe spot for boss tames on an island map.. adapt and survive maybe..

10 minutes ago, BeardO said:

It's very easy to sit back and criticise but at the end of the day they're not a AAA studio and they're pretty much making a AAA game. Maybe not in terms of budget, but quality and content definitely. 

People should just remember that they're not a massive studio so of course they'll be lacking in some areas. But I'm sure glad they have their priorities right because if their game wasn't good and they spent more resources on answering incessant questions on the forums, then no one would even be on the forums to care.

Lastly I'm confused because you say they're removed the bosses from Ragnarok but other people are saying the only bosses still working are on Ragnarok... (lol?). Alas, perhaps their omission of mentioning it in the patch notes is because it was unintentional. They did update the Ragnarok bosses so maybe something unexpected occurred.

Think you're being a bit harsh...

Just now, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

They didn't remove it, moving from server to server for resources/tames/now bosses/ etc is and has been a pretty clear mechanic they intend to use...

The bosses were accessible on rag, then they weren't.  That's the very definition of remove.  Anyone on an isolated server is raptored.  And those on a cluster, yeah you can base on rag and head over to the island to do bosses, but you can't bring your element or trophies back so unless you are on PvE, you have to pretty much play the island because you can't make a base to store things without it being crushed while you are farming or whatever on another server.  So their intended mechanic is poorly thought out.

Just now, BeardO said:

The bosses were accessible on rag, then they weren't.  That's the very definition of remove.  Anyone on an isolated server is raptored.  And those on a cluster, yeah you can base on rag and head over to the island to do bosses, but you can't bring your element or trophies back so unless you are on PvE, you have to pretty much play the island because you can't make a base to store things without it being crushed while you are farming or whatever on another server.  So their intended mechanic is poorly thought out.

again, you chose to play on an unfinished map in an unfinished game that is still being tweaked, part of it and fairly easy to understand if you've paid attention to ark and the early access of it all.. I have a small base on scorched that's been untouched for months now... it's called allying up and playing the game as intended,  not asking the devs to make everything within arms reach so you don't have to get off your butt..

Archived