Too many tamed creatures on this ark?

Izzyd

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bastipcf said:

Well then the players could work out different strategies With a variety of dinosaurs. 

While it's possible the boss fights are not set up like that. Rex is king. Highest base damage with highest base HP ratio combined with ease of raise compared to others that can go into a Boss fight. Limiting number of overall people on the server and lowering tribe tame limit is the only solution. 

Not active players on the server either but overall players. They can instill a trade timer for cross ark trades, do a reference check that the personal owner or tribe owner is a member of that server so that there is no animal dumps (animal dumps get deleted after trade timer expires), plus lower the tame limit back to 200 at least for console. This isn't PC, we all know the PS4 and XBox can't handle what a PC can so it should be no surprise that limits are reflected differently. 

Obviously fixing servers should be top priority so it can handle more tames as well as wild dino's but since they are in a contract with Nitrado and Nitrado is what it is then imposing these other limitations is the only route to ensure better server performance as well as the ability to play and progress through the game. For PS4 specifically we always had a 200 tribe tame limit on legacy during EA and our extremely active server never once hit tame cap during my 6+ months of playing on it. 

As they add additional servers or improve quality of current servers they can adjust the numbers then. 

That's the easiest and most efficient way to control server cap with the current servers without putting the burden on the players themselves. 

I do however think players need to sometimes make the hard decisions and not hoard dino's. As of last night our two man tribe sits at 138 dino's. That includes one built platform saddle (19) and 1 motorboat (1), so really 118 dino's. i wanted to make a second motorboat but refrained. I was working on a top Anky line, top Saber line, top Argy line, top Doedic line but put them all on the back shelf. I am currently focused on the boss fights so majority of my tames and raises are geared towards that end. We do it this way to be able to progress while keeping the server in tact for ourselves and other tribes. When it comes to official, community responsibility should be a factor considered. 

Archived