Too many tamed creatures on this ark?

Izzyd

Hi All

Yesterday while a tribemate and i was taming a 135 giga on the center map, once we added the kibble it stated on the taming bar that there are  "too many tamed creatures on this Ark"

we had only 3 utility dinos out of a possible 500, which we transferred over and the giga was going to be our first tame on the center map

I have two questions that i am hope some people may help me in answering

1. I know that as the message suggest that there is a limit to how many tamed dino that can be on the server, my question is: is there a way to get around this?

2. Is there a way of telling how close to the tamed creature limit cap a certain server has before joining?

Thank you for reading this post and i hope to hear your replies

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

absolutely, it does

the worst part was that we decided to starve it out so we only found out about the server tame cap  more than an hour later, this being with gathering, creating a trap, putting it down then starving it out

:( all that time and resources wasted, but luckily it was still the 3 times event

Guess it time to move to another sever 

1 hour ago, Izzyd said:

Hi All

Yesterday while a tribemate and i was taming a 135 giga on the center map, once we added the kibble it stated on the taming bar that there are  "too many tamed creatures on this Ark"

we had only 3 utility dinos out of a possible 500, which we transferred over and the giga was going to be our first tame on the center map

I have two questions that i am hope some people may help me in answering

1. I know that as the message suggest that there is a limit to how many tamed dino that can be on the server, my question is: is there a way to get around this?

2. Is there a way of telling how close to the tamed creature limit cap a certain server has before joining?

Thank you for reading this post and i hope to hear your replies

1. The way around it is to get rid of tames.  Asking others to do the same will usually be met with some unkind words at best.

2. You found out just the rest of us do.  After the fact.

This may sound harsh but it's really not meant too.  This past weekend with the 3x going on a lot of people who could were busy raising dinos.  Meaning it wouldn't be uncommon for servers to hit cap.  My issue with this post is the fact you went to a whole new server to tame something which I can understand depending on what map you currently reside on and wanting a dino that is readily available.  Case in point when you are new to a server a quick question about server cap wouldn't be that far fetched.  Anyone who populates that server I can assure you are well aware of cap issues.  Again most responses are probably not going to be met with the best intentions but it gives you an idea of what you are working with so that you don't have to waste your time or energy getting something you won't be able to enjoy.

As far as transferring or unclaiming the dino only one of those two options would work.  Uploading one to the ark would release a spot but unclaiming it would not.  It is still a tamed dino and just looking for a new owner.  I've killed off my own tames to allow myself or some trusted others the opportunity to get something new whether it be raising it or taming it and even in those cases it's not always an immediate 1 for 1 situation since you never know what someone else might be working on at that exact moment.  I know tribes on my PvE server who will literally just drop eggs and wait for them to pop just rolling the dice regardless of cap.

This server cap is a game killer my PVE server   has been against server cap for over a week. We seem to get a lot of new players and  I fell sorry when they say Hello all I'm a new player, most are not very polite telling to leave that were against dino cap, not a good player experience for a new customer .

Other issues we see is large tribes are parking dinos on other PVE servers. If a server is  caped why allow more dinos to be moved onto that server.  Why run  3x tame for 0ver a week when PVE servers are capping out. Or is this  just away to empty the old legacy servers without doing a wipe.

Please address this issues before launch

Thank you

They already tried fixing this by putting a tribe tame limit of 500 per tribe. Back then some tribes had 2000+ dinos and wouldnt kill any for the new players. Now that theres tribe limit there's lesser dinos per tribe but more people are joining ark everyday and theres new tribes everyday. They already added sheep to replace mutton and some tribes like mine only have 3 females of each kibble dino and we still have less than 400 tames.

I think what they should do is either increase the tamed dino limit per server or incorporate age in dinos so they can die off naturally.

Everyone plays different but there are a-lot of Dino's we used to get that we never used but for kibble. We trade our Dino's after having the Dino's we needed from the kibble then breed the ones we got from it. But most of those animals in between without needing the kibble you can skip to the best berry gatherer the best meat eater and the best flyer and so on and be done with it if you don't need kibble you can start of taming top Dino's as soon as you get  tranqs.

The problem is people farm every type of kibble and just keep a farm of every dino then use it as a market. But truth is once you have a male 150 and a female 150 of the dino that needs the Kibble you can breed from there and drop the two kibble makers. People don't do this they just leave them sitting in a dark corner with no names and no love taking up space.

57 minutes ago, Kimchi said:

No kibble system would make 80% of the Dino's  useless.

It would also make the game super easy and people would just get more of the Dino's they no longer need the kibble for. 

Also the breeding farms for mutations is a big dino cap hog as well they add up fast. 

OK to clarify - No current kibble system. I don't mind idea of special resource to capture specific dino. I'm just against an idea of getting  tamed dinos to get taimed dinos.

I'm think more like switch current kibble egg requirement with respected dino part that it drops on death maybe even not with 100% drop rate. 

For example if you want  a good Ptera - go kill lots of dodo.

Plus if dino is not used at all except kibble than it should have TLC pass on it, every dino should be useful at some point of player progression without it to be just an egg producing machine.

EDIT: Good example are deathworms and mantis taming. It's fun to get horns for taming mantis.

5 hours ago, Izzyd said:

thanks, but that really sucks though, we lost a 135 Giga and we even unclaimed an argi and even upload it unfortunately it didnt work 

It does suck.

The problem is you don't know what THE servers tame number is. It could be 500 over the limit...meaning everyone collectively need to kill 501 tame to make it go under limit. Without talking to the folks on the server, there is no real way to know. 

I know when they introduced the ''TRIBE'' limit, our tribe was at 560 out of 500. So...we did reduce our dino count quite a lot (currently at 396) but there are tribes who didn't...and god knows what their number was initially. For my server, I know of at least three trader tribes who have clearly more than 500 tames each, and while they aren't taming anymore, their sales are slow so their numbers do not drop quickly.

1 hour ago, ShadowAngel said:

OK to clarify - No current kibble system. I don't mind idea of special resource to capture specific dino. I'm just against an idea of getting  tamed dinos to get taimed dinos.

I'm think more like switch current kibble egg requirement with respected dino part that it drops on death maybe even not with 100% drop rate. 

For example if you want  a good Ptera - go kill lots of dodo.

Plus if dino is not used at all except kibble than it should have TLC pass on it, every dino should be useful at some point of player progression without it to be just an egg producing machine.

EDIT: Good example are deathworms and mantis taming. It's fun to get horns for taming mantis.

I agree and understand the issue with the Kibbke farms problem. I personally havnt had the problem but I'm sure it sucks. Just hate to see the system go bc people don't use it right. Gathering Dino's and using eggs to make kibble makes the experience more realistic. 

These problems are what make the pc hosted servers more appealing. Someone is always there to make sure it's fare for everyone. lol at least on mine ??

• 3 months later...
On 8/22/2017 at 7:51 AM, Demerus said:

This and,

server dino cap does not update until the server is restarted.

Not true at all. When we're capped. I shoot my tamed jerboa and eat it with my griffin, and almost immediately the taming will start working again. This wasn't a one-off incident either. It happens like this all day long. 

One thing i dont understand is how can a map as massive as ragnarok have the exact same tame cap as the island which is 3x smaller? Larger maps accommodate far more tribes because there is actually land to build on, but since the cap is the same the dinos per tribe average is MUCH lower on ragnarok than on the island for example. These caps need to scale with the size of the map as should the server hardware. If wildcard is so set on keeping identical caps on each map, they should have required all maps be the same overall dimensions. 

Its not 1 for 1 when you kill you own tames trying to get a new one. I'm sure there is lots of eggs out on the ground being watched.

Also when capped you can't even mate for eggs. There is a mating cool down timer that becomes meaningless.

This morning I wanted eggs for the fridge, and first I killed 3 dinos and got to 50% mating state, then capped. Killed 3 more etc until I killed 20 dinos just to mate my best male 4 times. And these were not a stock of dodos but rather hard choices including a few over level 200 because the easy choices were killed previously.

What I imagine is someone had a bunch of (dodo) eggs out with 1 second left on incubation intended to capture the slots? How else would the cap only be removed for under a minute each time I kill a few dinos?.

At the end of the session we are minus 20 tamed dinos and only have eggs to show for it. When eventually hatched most eggs will not add a dino as they are culled if not a mutant. of course the eggs won't even incubate most of the time.

On 8/22/2017 at 9:35 AM, ShadowAngel said:

Kill kibble system = No more kibble farms = no more dino cap.

So players will stop tame and breeding after "Kill kibble system"?
That not make sense.

The egg farm animals will be replaced by mutation and boss fight animals the result will be the same.

Obviously kibble system will relief a bit but not fix the problem.
The reasons for the server dino cap is
-2x Events
-kibble system
-Mutations
-Boss Fight

Fix only one problem does not works.

4 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

One thing i dont understand is how can a map as massive as ragnarok have the exact same tame cap as the island which is 3x smaller? Larger maps accommodate far more tribes because there is actually land to build on, but since the cap is the same the dinos per tribe average is MUCH lower on ragnarok than on the island for example. These caps need to scale with the size of the map as should the server hardware. If wildcard is so set on keeping identical caps on each map, they should have required all maps be the same overall dimensions. 

The point is if they raise the cap to 10k limit will be reached in few months.
Raising the cap or add more servers only bring a short time relief but the cap will be reached anyways.

Archived