Gasoline Nerfed????

Crows

Was Gasoline's burning time nerfed? seriously? because https://ark.gamepedia.com/Gasoline now says it burns 1 every 30 minutes in an Electrical Generator, when it used to be 1 per hour. I can't believe this.

We have 15 generators in our base (official pvp server) and I make it my task to farm oil and hide to fill them with gas before every 30 days, which is like 12,000 gas that I have to farm which takes hours. Last month, I checked my generator's gas and noticed they only had 60 left from 800 and it weren't even close to the 30 day duration, so I thought it was a bug, so I ignored it and filled all generators up then I put a reminder on my notepad to check the generators in about 28 days. I come on, it's now the 22nd and I had til the 5th of September, and my Gas count is at 58 left in each generator already? If this is an intended change, it just adds to the pile of reasons of why not to play Ark. 

Generators used to be pretty much set it and forget it, now you have to actually think about it every other week. No big deal in my opinion. They have a couple dinos that produce oil now (Dung Beet & Basilosaurus), and Dunkleosteus & Anky harvest oil like champs. Also there are the SE & Ragnarok oil veins that produce stupid amounts of oil.

basil oil spoils too quick and they nerfed the amount of oil from rocks in the snow and raised the cost of making gas as well as lowering how long it runs for. not everyone likes or can do water let alone manage to farm oil in the water without getting a tame and themselfs killed even more so with the air tanks running out quicker now

• Volunteer Moderator
14 hours ago, SuperGenki said:

Generators used to be pretty much set it and forget it, now you have to actually think about it every other week. No big deal in my opinion. They have a couple dinos that produce oil now (Dung Beet & Basilosaurus), and Dunkleosteus & Anky harvest oil like champs. Also there are the SE & Ragnarok oil veins that produce stupid amounts of oil.

There are several that do so. The dung beetle converts feces into oil. Tuseothis and Basilosaurus both spit out oil. The hesperonis can be made to lay eggs almost on command, and cooking the eggs churns them into oil. Then there's also the harvesters. Dunkle and Ankylo both do wonderfully in harvesting oil, though my best yields have been from using a mantis with a good pick in hand.

18 hours ago, Crows said:

Was Gasoline's burning time nerfed? seriously? because https://ark.gamepedia.com/Gasoline now says it burns 1 every 30 minutes in an Electrical Generator, when it used to be 1 per hour. I can't believe this.

We have 15 generators in our base (official pvp server) and I make it my task to farm oil and hide to fill them with gas before every 30 days, which is like 12,000 gas that I have to farm which takes hours. Last month, I checked my generator's gas and noticed they only had 60 left from 800 and it weren't even close to the 30 day duration, so I thought it was a bug, so I ignored it and filled all generators up then I put a reminder on my notepad to check the generators in about 28 days. I come on, it's now the 22nd and I had til the 5th of September, and my Gas count is at 58 left in each generator already? If this is an intended change, it just adds to the pile of reasons of why not to play Ark. 

I hate it as well. I can't go over to scorched earth anymore because of the mindwipe tonic being nerfed. I have to rely on one of my tribe mates for the oil since it's extremely difficult to get on the island. 

2 hours ago, Teddansen said:

Or get yourself an oil pump in scorched earth and you've got enough oil to last a lifetime.... Work smart not hard 

That's not smart , that's just even more of a chore. Now you have to continuesly transfer back and forth between scorch and island and upload and download. Just more time wasting. 

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

O_ oa

Difficult?

What difficulty? I Don't get it. xD

On my server it's impossible to get oil. We used to get oil from the snow biome with an anky. We do not have dinos or gear to go into caves underwater for oil. Scorched earth has pumps for oil. I can't be wasting wind wipes on specing for scorched earth like I used to. I die in second of every spawn. 

There's your difficult. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

On my server it's impossible to get oil. We used to get oil from the snow biome with an anky. We do not have dinos or gear to go into caves underwater for oil. Scorched earth has pumps for oil. I can't be wasting wind wipes on specing for scorched earth like I used to. I die in second of every spawn. 

There's your difficult. 

I got 4 dung beetles and 1 Phiomia (used  be 2 but I made a grave error) that sees me through most of the time. Then I have a Basilo to tide me over. It's not difficult in the grand scheme of things.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Xxtheclashxx said:

We are a tribe of 3. We have no gear or kibble to get the tames for such. 

You need some tranq arrows and berries to tame a Phiomia. You need some Poop to tame a dung beetle. How can a tribe of 3 not do that? Hell a single player tribe can achieve that.

49 minutes ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

We are a tribe of 3. We have no gear or kibble to get the tames for such. 

There is so much you can do here.

1) make a secondary character for scorched. Build a small base near an ob/drop spawn. Just load into your scorched character. harvest oil, upload oil, load into your island character, download oil, done. No server transfer required.

2) Buy a raised dunkleo (3k to 6k ings) or buy titanboa kibble (I know that's a little harder to find and expensive) and tame a dunkleo any level. You can hug the island coast from draco cove to just around stone henge and get 2-3k oil off the nodes without going deep.

3) build a small base on the glaciers behind blue ob and keep an anky and ptera/argy there. Fast travel, mine the oil rocks then upload oil into blue ob and download at the ob closest to your base. 

These are the methods i used as single player tribe and the methods i use in my current two man tribe. We manage 6 bases-8 generators that need gas and never run out. We take an hour/hour and a half maybe once a week to harvest our oil as a 2 person unit (in the water, one of us provides protection) or as a single person (scorch load then glacier load). You just have to grind a little or if you prefer to harvest metal/obsidian/crystal you can just buy it.

bruh the nerf has been in for a while

I now top up all my genny once every 2 weeks instead of a month

I found a spot in SE nearby that gives free oil to whoever that needs it. I made a new char and have that char freight oil over.

I keep stockpile of oil whenever I can in a dino that could haul 300 slots of gas without breaking a sweat

and every time I play I replenish that stock, so my gas reserve has pretty much been stable.

and I'm a single player on official server. I play about 20 hours a week. (yee boi I'm a filthy casual)

don't understand the equation here :P

but yea I do agree gas drain should go back to its original values

Archived