Structure Rendering

Nayrok

Is there a reason furnishing and dinos render is before walls and ceilings still? people are still able to fly just out of render distance and see the entire blueprints of a base and where their generators are at so they can scope out how to best raid a base while your walls and ceilings stay unrendered... why are walls/ceilings/foundations not top priority in the render list? Dark and Light uses the same engine as Ark and they have walls/ceilings/foundations render in before the inside furnishing and creatures do so you cant use such sketchy tactics...

4 minutes ago, KimoBitz said:

This has beem annoying me for so long too, it's funny how dark & light has better graphics and performance than ark.

Haven't tried it yet but can assume its better because its relatively new and they learned from WC mistakes in the initial coding seeing as they fund WC to an extent.  If you wanted to get rid of this problem they would have to redo the entire base code, which will probably done in the future.

Still, can't be as bad as Conan (i'm going to use this as an answer every time somebody moans about ark now)

On my pve server the structures are so massive that it's nigh on impossible to get a full feel for all the work people have put in because all you see is floating dinos.  I think one way to fix this would be to make the inside of Structures be a sepperate area, with a short load time as you transition back and forth, almost like Underworld on center.  

9 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

Not at my base. On official pvp, flying to our hudge castle tier base with many tames inside, you can see inside before the walls render. Maybe you have a small base with not many objects?

Yeah we play on DnL official PvP and even though we have a massive base (We're alpha), you can't see anything in our base at any distance. So maybe your server is jacked up. Idk. I'd submit a ticket about it. I've been on 3 official PvP servers now where walls render in before furnishing and tames on even massive bases.

10 hours ago, Nayrok said:

Is there a reason furnishing and dinos render is before walls and ceilings still? people are still able to fly just out of render distance and see the entire blueprints of a base and where their generators are at so they can scope out how to best raid a base while your walls and ceilings stay unrendered... why are walls/ceilings/foundations not top priority in the render list? Dark and Light uses the same engine as Ark and they have walls/ceilings/foundations render in before the inside furnishing and creatures do so you cant use such sketchy tactics...

I agree that it is an issue. Hopefully they can change it within a reasonable timeframe. It makes PvP basebuilding kinda wierd

Archived