Is 2x going to be the new Norm and 3x a bonus.

MikeW
Message added by Captnmorgan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure hope not. Rates are too high to be permanent. Main reason I quit playing player deds is because the insane rates bored me after a few days. Same thing is happening on officials for me now. In the past week Ive found it more entertaining to start a bunch of new characters and power level them than actually grinding on my main servers. 

15 minutes ago, DeZiLL313 said:

I sure hope not. Rates are too high to be permanent. Main reason I quit playing player deds is because the insane rates bored me after a few days. Same thing is happening on officials for me now. In the past week Ive found it more entertaining to start a bunch of new characters and power level them than actually grinding on my main servers. 

I agree, its nice to have for a period of time but the reason i play on officials is because of the low rates mainly. I just keep trying to think of it though as an extra bonus for all the 2x events that i missed out on. I normally work weekends so miss every single one so having the 3x is actually really nice for me right now. Will get way too boring pretty quickly though thats for sure!

I was going to make a new thread about this but it seems semi-related so I'll just ask it here.

Have the official normal rates changed since about 18 months ago? I ask this because I played back then and actually moved to unofficial because the rates were so crazy low.

Coming back to the game now however I feel as if they aren't as brutal as they once were, is this true? ...

... Or perhaps it's just my journeyman pickaxe and hatchet creating this illusion...

Just now, Jacira said:

I was going to make a new thread about this but it seems semi-related so I'll just ask it here.

Have the official normal rates changed since about 18 months ago? I ask this because I played back then and actually moved to unofficial because the rates were so crazy low.

Coming back to the game now however I feel as if they aren't as brutal as they once were, is this true? ...

... Or perhaps it's just my journeyman pickaxe and hatchet creating this illusion...

Yes. They were doubled a while back for everything but breeding rates.

we need to adjust the taming times people cant spend staying up for 12 hours and 18 hours to imprint every time. People have jobs social life etc and if you want to make a better breed you have to be close by to imprint. 2x or even 1.5 perm for breeding would help those. really hope the devs look into this they said they would but it has been a year since they said this also what happened to making bridges?

1 hour ago, Jamagh said:

And it seems the rates are back to what they originally used to be. Instead of picking up two stones on the beach, I am back to one. So I am confused.

No this is intended picking up 1 rock gets you one picking a rock with a pick gets you the increased rate this is to add realistic feeling to picking up rocks. 

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Oh the joys of 1% imprinting a giga again :(

Really do hope theres an increase at some point.

this has never really made sense to me

its approx. 11d16hrs for raising a giga. this is 280hrs, if an imprint is every 4 hours that means its only 70% worth of imprinting on a giga @1% per imprint?

im missing something aren't I...

1 minute ago, X111 said:

this has never really made sense to me

its approx. 11d16hrs for raising a giga. this is 280hrs, if an imprint is every 4 hours that means its only 70% worth of imprinting on a giga @1% per imprint?

im missing something aren't I...

Imprints aren't always up every 4 hours. Intervals range between 3 and 4 hours. They do give us a chance to imprint any dino to 100% no matter what the breeding rates are.

6 hours ago, Domnicioz said:

Rates for babies should be adjusted. Having to form an extremely unhealthy gaming habit to raise certain dinos is crazy. Even with tribe members sometimes you are all in the same time zone and shouldn't have to pick straws to choose whos gonna stay up all night with a giga baby. Just saying.

This is the only thing I truly dislike about the game at the moment, aside from anything that enables wiping peoples bases and tames. It's far to tedious to raise Dino's at the moment, as it  always has been. 

The tediousness should exist strictly where one decides they want to imprint. 

Archived