Difficulty of Each CAVE

Pon

Central is pretty easy, I'd say 4.

There's bats, spiders, scorpions, snakes and artho (centipede). Also the lake at the end of it is full of piranha.

I took two mate boosted sabertooth in it with no problem. On of my cats accidentally fell in the lake and I started seeing kill messages of piranha so I jumped in with the other cat and had no proble chomping all the piranha.

I play singleplayer and now that I think about that cave, I may just set up a fishing dock in there because it's all piranha.

It always depends on how you wanna do the caves. With mounts or without.

Central = 1 if you bring a Saber/Thylacoleo/Baryonyx
North West = 5 because you can't bring in any mount, there are rabies-bats and insta-death-pits
Lower South = 1 if you bring in any mount and even without one it is pretty easy, when you know where the Megalanias/Megalosaurus spawn
North East = 2 if you bring a Thlylacoleo and 3 if you bring a Terror Bird. Only dangerous things are bats and Megalosaurus at night
Upper South = 3 because you can get lost very easy (I always get lost there! :D)...
South East = 4 because of the jump-sections and the lava pools, so bring a Thylacoleo or Terrobird
Swamp Cave = Can't tell, because I've never done it after the devs put Arthropleuras in it. Before it was pretty easy with a good frog
Snow Cave = Can't tell, because I've never done it after the devs put Direwolves/Purlovias in it. Before I'd gave a difficulty 6.
Caverns of Lost Faith = 2 if you bring a good Basilo. I've done the cave several times and I've never seen anything bigger than regular Megalodons.
Caverns of Lost Hope = Never done it... :D 

I would agree with everything DomiDarko said. 

Swamp cave I take lvl 270 frog with melee dmg at 360% and have a good time. Always have extra armor in the frogs inventory. BUT I do take a good shotgun or long rifle for the Arthropleuras.  They make it much more difficult now.  But if they hit me I just back up, grab more armor, and shoot its face off.

I also cannot speak for the Snow Cave.

Caverns of lost faith isn't hard if you have 2 mate boosted squids with 2 riders. Where ppl get hung up on is mobs attacking from all directions. The thing to do, is to go slowly at first, aggro things at the beginning and have the extra squid waiting to kill it all. As you move through it, more and more will come so you need to have 1 squid facing 1 direction, while the other is facing the opposite, this way you can kill everything in both directions. 

Once you get to the artifact hole, mash the tentacles through the terrain so it can kill the nasties waiting. There will be more in the end but there are ammonites are there to help. Punch one and have everything aggro to the waiting squid. Repeat this process until the whole length is clear and you are home free

15 hours ago, Rintrahhh said:

Central is pretty easy, I'd say 4.

There's bats, spiders, scorpions, snakes and artho (centipede). Also the lake at the end of it is full of piranha.

I took two mate boosted sabertooth in it with no problem. On of my cats accidentally fell in the lake and I started seeing kill messages of piranha so I jumped in with the other cat and had no proble chomping all the piranha.

I play singleplayer and now that I think about that cave, I may just set up a fishing dock in there because it's all piranha.

Piranhas give the least returns on your time/rod, sabers are the way to go for sure! :)

Central - 4 (easyish) - Has bats and arthro's. That means there is a Rabies risk and risk of breaking your gear. I bring at least an antidote and use a baryonyx to wreck the place though.
North West - 3 (easy) - Has bats and extreme cold. Cold is easy enough to combat but again, Rabies risk.
Lower South - 2 (very easy)-  Has arthros, and and megas. Getting the artifact is a cake walk though.
North East   - 6 (a bit tough) - Lots and lots of bats, places you can fall to your death. Bring guns, clear everything slowly, also a parachute.
Upper South - 5 (so so) - Underwater portions have piranah and gators. A baryonyx and appropriate measures to defend from the cold can help.
South East - 6 ( a bit tough) - Very hot, Lots of bats, places to fall into lava. Bring ghillie, antidotes, and maybe a creature to help jumping. (I bring a bary)
Swamp Cave - 8 (Very tough) - I havn't done it since the recent rework. I used to run it with a high lvl frog and was able to solo it.
Snow Cave - 9 (very very tough) - I've yet to run this yet. Preparing for it.
Caverns of Lost Faith -  9 (very very tough) - I use a high lvl basil. Dunky mobs can inflict large amounts of damage and take a good amount of time to kill. Lots and lots of mobs.
Caverns of Lost Hope - 4 (pretty easy) - I've used a basil and a megaladon. Mosas sometimes spawn here but seem unable to attack.

Quick, dirty, and my opinion.

12 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

It always depends on how you wanna do the caves. With mounts or without.

Central = 1 if you bring a Saber/Thylacoleo/Baryonyx
North West = 5 because you can't bring in any mount, there are rabies-bats and insta-death-pits
Lower South = 1 if you bring in any mount and even without one it is pretty easy, when you know where the Megalanias/Megalosaurus spawn
North East = 2 if you bring a Thlylacoleo and 3 if you bring a Terror Bird. Only dangerous things are bats and Megalosaurus at night
Upper South = 3 because you can get lost very easy (I always get lost there! )...
South East = 4 because of the jump-sections and the lava pools, so bring a Thylacoleo or Terrobird
Swamp Cave = Can't tell, because I've never done it after the devs put Arthropleuras in it. Before it was pretty easy with a good frog
Snow Cave = Can't tell, because I've never done it after the devs put Direwolves/Purlovias in it. Before I'd gave a difficulty 6.
Caverns of Lost Faith = 2 if you bring a good Basilo. I've done the cave several times and I've never seen anything bigger than regular Megalodons.
Caverns of Lost Hope = Never done it...  

I'd be careful with the caverns of lost faith they've really ramped up the difficulty, last time I was in there was an alpha Mosa, a regular Mosa, 3 alpha Megalo don, swarms of regular Megalodon as well as swarms of jellyfish, eels and manta, all up to lvl 300+

Its definitely not the same as it used to be 

Central              2  (bary / wolf)
North West      2   (Thyla)
Lower South    1  (wolf)
North East        3  realy 2-3 bats and done
Upper South    2 (wolf grabling to artefact or Bary + scuba)
South East       4 Lava your best friend
Swamp Cave   5 (bary or carno)
Snow Cave      9 still aids
Caverns of Lost Faith  4 mostly free
Caverns of Lost Hope 99999 (i only rush it with a dolphine full speed for artefact)

50 minutes ago, MurjyFranky said:

Caverns of Lost Faith  4 mostly free

u already doing this cave after update ?  at patch them force respawn dino.

New Server Option: Force Respawn of Wild Dinos on Server Restart! Enabled by default on official servers, this will force weekly respawns of dinos on all servers to prevent certain dino types (like the Basilo and Spino) from becoming depopulated on long running servers.

after this patch i go. so many dino inside. before i park plesio + bed + storage (farm BPs)  only salmon and trilobite inside xD 

thats why i put the 4.... its now like the other cave with billion waterdinos sticking your dino. 

there are max 2 alphas and alpha mosis mostly dosnt aggro or they just  run away by atacking them from behind. Electro dildos are easy to kill. Alpha sharks sometime suck with a tuso cause they allwys want the head but just swim to the top of the cave and its ok. 

Its not that hard with a good tuso or basilo.....

Archived