pvp MED Dragon

mconone

So they fix it or do i just have bad luck? either way failed the last attempt and dont have all the rexes to try again if anyone wants to go together i can put in 4 good rexes. was thinking of tryin to bring like 5 daeodons too. allready have all the stuff to summon just need someone to throw in with. or if anyone sellin a seat i guess let me know   

Ran it on Medium with 15 Rexes and 1 Yuti, which resulted in failure. Decided to go in again with 19 Rexes and 1 Yuti to only fail again. The allies didn't believe us that the Dragon was now incredibly hard to beat. I went in with an ally tribe with 19 Rexes and a Yuti for a third failure. That means that we lost a total of 53 Rexes amd 3 Yuti's. All of them had 30k Hp and 800+ Melee. Has anyone had any success with the Dragon in the last week? I play on Xbox.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need anything other than Rexes really. Just have 10-15 Rexes with at least 40k health and at least 500% melee. Most of them need riders. Wait for the Dragon to land, then rush it, if you surround it with Rexes it will get stuck, it should look like it's flying but not moving. It can't attack in this state, and should be relatively easy to kill. We only lost one Rex doing it this way last month on Legacy.

• 4 weeks later...
You don't need anything other than Rexes really. Just have 10-15 Rexes with at least 40k health and at least 500% melee. Most of them need riders. Wait for the Dragon to land, then rush it, if you surround it with Rexes it will get stuck, it should look like it's flying but not moving. It can't attack in this state, and should be relatively easy to kill. We only lost one Rex doing it this way last month on Legacy.
Legacy you say? You trying to let me tag along for next dragon fight?

• 2 weeks later...

From the forums and reddit I've seen two methods that seem to work for MED dragon.

1.  Theris/Rex/Yuty combo - kill with dino power

2.  Male Moose/Yuty/Rex's - Two guys on mooses with veggie cakes.  Yuty buff.  1 moose holds agro and tanks dragon's melee (high armor saddle) and does its best to dodge flame breath.  If it takes a flame breath, it backs out, other moose takes over till first one heals.  The attack from the moose does a % based bleed.  All other players are shooting the dragon with compound/pump action/assault rifles.  Rexes to kill the adds that spawn.

Problem with using rexes is that they aren't very maneuverable.  AI rexes tend to run around a lot before getting to their target.  As such, getting all rexes to damage the dragon while it is down is difficult and a lot of your rexes will end up getting flame breathed.  Theris and the moose are extremely maneuverable, even in AI mode, and can use veggie cakes to heal thru the breath... plus do insane damage.

36 minutes ago, Brayn said:

From the forums and reddit I've seen two methods that seem to work for MED dragon.

1.  Theris/Rex/Yuty combo - kill with dino power

2.  Male Moose/Yuty/Rex's - Two guys on mooses with veggie cakes.  Yuty buff.  1 moose holds agro and tanks dragon's melee (high armor saddle) and does its best to dodge flame breath.  If it takes a flame breath, it backs out, other moose takes over till first one heals.  The attack from the moose does a % based bleed.  All other players are shooting the dragon with compound/pump action/assault rifles.  Rexes to kill the adds that spawn.

Problem with using rexes is that they aren't very maneuverable.  AI rexes tend to run around a lot before getting to their target.  As such, getting all rexes to damage the dragon while it is down is difficult and a lot of your rexes will end up getting flame breathed.  Theris and the moose are extremely maneuverable, even in AI mode, and can use veggie cakes to heal thru the breath... plus do insane damage.

By moose, you mean the reindeer that farms thatch?

How can they tank the dragon?

27 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

By moose, you mean the reindeer that farms thatch?

How can they tank the dragon?

Yep, those guys.  Fire breath is HP % based, so it's 4 breaths to kill your dino no matter what armor or HP your dino has.  Ascendant Megaloceros saddles seem to drop like water too from sea crates, so having a 90+ armor saddle is a given.  That saddle plus a good imprint riding bonus gives you the same damage redux as a rex, meaning that neither dino has anything inherently special about their damage redux.  If you can get the moose to say 10k HP, you'll survive the relatively (relative to its breath) weak dragon melee attacks.

Megaloceros also cause a bleed when they hit something with their antlers.  The bleed is percentage based.  The dragon has a high HP pool, making percentage damage super effective.  The moose, however, are not your primary damage dealers.  They will deal some, but their purpose is to distract the dragon while the other 8 PLAYERS shoot the dragon.

Since you're not using dinos to do damage to the dragon, you may even consider bringing in some turret dinos for additional DPS, like a super high melee Chalico.  They will sit there and throw boulders at the dragon all day.  Pre-change, we killed dragon using the ramp glitch where it stayed landed and you could shoot its head.  6 of us using 180%+ assault rifles killed the dragon with about 5 minutes to spare.  Using good pump actions probably would have sped that up some.

TL:DR, the moose are used to distract the dragon and dodge fire breaths, while having the utility via veggie cakes to rapidly heal.  Your tribemates are shooting everything they have at the drag and killing adds with the couple rexes you do bring in.

3 minutes ago, Brayn said:

Yep, those guys.  Fire breath is HP % based, so it's 4 breaths to kill your dino no matter what armor or HP your dino has.  Ascendant Megaloceros saddles seem to drop like water too from sea crates, so having a 90+ armor saddle is a given.  That saddle plus a good imprint riding bonus gives you the same damage redux as a rex, meaning that neither dino has anything inherently special about their damage redux.  If you can get the moose to say 10k HP, you'll survive the relatively (relative to its breath) weak dragon melee attacks.

Megaloceros also cause a bleed when they hit something with their antlers.  The bleed is percentage based.  The dragon has a high HP pool, making percentage damage super effective.  The moose, however, are not your primary damage dealers.  They will deal some, but their purpose is to distract the dragon while the other 8 PLAYERS shoot the dragon.

Since you're not using dinos to do damage to the dragon, you may even consider bringing in some turret dinos for additional DPS, like a super high melee Chalico.  They will sit there and throw boulders at the dragon all day.  Pre-change, we killed dragon using the ramp glitch where it stayed landed and you could shoot its head.  6 of us using 180%+ assault rifles killed the dragon with about 5 minutes to spare.  Using good pump actions probably would have sped that up some.

TL:DR, the moose are used to distract the dragon and dodge fire breaths, while having the utility via veggie cakes to rapidly heal.  Your tribemates are shooting everything they have at the drag and killing adds with the couple rexes you do bring in.

Have you actually tried this?

Because without the fire breath, the dragons basic attacks are really high, a 30k health rex with ascendent saddle easily dies.

+ Veggie cakes got 30 seconds timer after each consumption.

I haven't tried it.  Someone else put this vid in the general forums.  It's on like page 2 or 3.  I understand why it would work based on game mechanics though.  The veg cake timer is why you have 2 moose.  1 heals while the other tanks.  You should be able to avoid most of the flame breaths thanks to the moose's speed and agility.

I haven't tried it.  Someone else put this vid in the general forums.  It's on like page 2 or 3.  I understand why it would work based on game mechanics though.  The veg cake timer is why you have 2 moose.  1 heals while the other tanks.  You should be able to avoid most of the flame breaths thanks to the moose's speed and agility.
What if folks used medical brew? Last i knew it has no timer. The trade would be you need more due to the faster spoil time and less health gained.

Archived