ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Sometime in the future (maybe as part of the tlc dino pass), can you add a bunch of idle animations to all the dinos? Part of the appeal of ark is having a bunch virtual, living pets to play with, but it's kinda hard to pretend the dinos are living if they don't do anything un till you use them. I think adding one or two idle animations (or any animation in general) for each dino would make the dinos feel much more alive. Maybe have the dino automatically sit/lay down when you're not using them as well as have them scratch at the ground every once in a while.

Sidenote: these animations should be toggleable for PvP servers, and the animations should stop anytime the player does anything with the dino (such as mount it or order it to follow).

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question that I haven't seen anyone else ask and my question is if you will be adding other types of wyverns as in a water one that can maybe swim, breath underwater, fly, and according to their element they have different skins or models like the ice wyvern does, maybe put fish like or marine life features on it, seeing a water one would honestly be amazing... that's just an idea there's plenty more like a wind or crystal one.. etc 

1 hour ago, twitchy1992 said:

If the next( or future) dlc is a ocean themed ark would it be possible for yall to add in a drake. Almost like a wyvern but without breath,able to fly,walk, and swim, and be a fish eater like the pelegornis

A drake is a male duck. Not a prehistoric or extinct or fictional creature. But then again there was an otter being added soon so maybe.

And another last question, will "DragonPunk: tribe of gods" (the mod) ever make its way to console? And if so what's the soonest you think you can get it in.. and also what other mods are most likely to make it to console? (In my personal opinion DragonPunk the mod would be a great addition torwards console I would love to play it)

I wonder if there will ever be a fix for my crafting inventory screen. Going from everything I have to the files page. It starts with a full page of whatever I can craft then once I finally find what I want to make it pops into the folders screen. Or I've got to press the folder button 12 times to get it to stay in the folder view.. a fix would be pleasant 

1) Why do those of us that already purchased Scorched Earth in early access have to essentially purchase it a 2nd time if we wanted a Season Pass?! (I feel it would have been a better decision to make the Season Pass only include the unreleased DLCs and either put SE on sale and/or "bundle" it with a Season Pass purchase for those that do not own it already - a lot of us early access supporters feel very cheated by this decision).

2) Will there be a Season Pass or "bundle" option in the future that will NOT include Scorched Earth for those of us who already bought it in early access?

On 21/8/2017 at 4:50 AM, Jat said:

¿Tiene alguna pregunta para el próximo Digest de ARK? ¡Haznos saber! Vamos a limitar esto a  3 preguntas  por persona por favor  :) para que más personas tienen una oportunidad de ser seleccionado. 

Tengo un problema con Ark en xbox one,donde puedo ponerme en contacto con ustedes para solucionarlo?

1) When can we expect official mods on consoles? I know other games have had trouble getting mods on the PS4, so I really hope this is doable!

2) Will there ever be a time where the console updates catch up to the PC ones? It is rough seeing PC users get all the cool new content and then having to wait on consoles.

3) How soon will the tlc pass come for older dinos? I would love to see some "useless" dinos gain cool new abilities. (ex: The parasaur gaining the ability to sound its horn could grant a brief speed buff, the trike could have a charging meter similar but not as strong as the wooly rhino's, or raptors could jump and latch on to larger creatures to attack and do additional damage. Just some ideas! :) )

1) Can you give any hints as to what the Halloween event will be this year? (Werewolves(wereraptors? test for primal evolved?) and vampires like last year was supposed to be?)

2) Will you be updating creature animations and collisions eventually?  Seeing the way the creatures walk over small land deviations still looks unnatural at times.

3) Will you ever expand flyer mechanics, like the diving with the gryphon, at some point in a future TLC pass or with DLC?  I would love for there to be more mechanics pertaining to aerodynamics and gravity such as  maintaining your stamina between flapping/gliding or riding thermals/wind currents.  (Flying island map?)

not sure that this question fits here, but if not please move it. however..... i just mated my tusos and now when i mount the female tuso i get a lung icon on the top right of my screen like suffocating, but not like its mine and not down in the bottom right corner of the screen. this icon is not present when i mount the male. any thoughts? 

What kind of other Tek Gear will we be seeing? Are there going to be different armors with different purposes? I'd like to see a stealth tek suit. Chest could be active camo, legs could have a short range teleport through structures, boots mask footsteps and have increased jump height, gloves could have a tek stealth melee that is silent and doesnt show your name in the death text, and helmet could have footstep tracking and could analyze inventories for strategic raiding. 

As far as other gear, saddle wise id like to see saddles that features weapons other than the plasma cannon. Weapon wise, i'd like to see a Tek bow that has a tek scope, no arrow drop, armor penetration and high tech arrows. Tek sniper rifle and tek heavy weapon. Maybe a narcotic gas grenade? 

Is the windows 10 version going to have any mod support?

can you please give us the ability to alter flier speed but adjust the official multipliers so you can get a lil boost if you focus on it, but it will be weak AF,  it gives us console players a chance to change things without having access to the classic fliers nerf? Simple way of doing it would to be giving fliers a separate stamina bar, so you have stamina (1) used by land animals and stamina (2) used by fliers, these 2 multipliers can then be separate and fully adjustable with sliders.

Can you re consider the previous nerfs in general, now we have beasts out there like griffins, ice wyverns, pheonix etc I think the nerfs on things like Compies and Pteras were fair at the time but now they seem a bit overkill, 1 it made compies go from terror inducing to not even noticed, and pteras and argents become worthless. By all means control official servers, but give us some console commands to make the game what we want, so much is controllable, just not the crucial stuff we all cry out for

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived