ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Will there ever be a way outside of memorizing console commands to choose which creatures spawn on a server or single-player world? I was playing on SE recently and I noticed that some creatures do not seem to fit, breaking the immersion for me. It would be really cool if there was the option, when starting up a single-player world or hosting a server, to choose what creatures can spawn.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, myksta0121 said:

Yeah not sure for ps4 as i dont play it but there 100% out on xbox so should be on ps4 as there the same build, have you got all 3 boss dossiers?

Yep got them too, could just be something wrong on my game though. Perhaps I'll try redownloading it, maybe the programs bugged somewhere on my end. 

First I wanted to say that I'm so apprciat that you doing this,It's not obvious, it's nice, it gives a good feeling, and thanks.

Qustion 1:

So I'm playing Scorched Earth, And I noticed that there were things that were not supposed to be:

- Saddles that belong to The Island , Example: Quetzal Saddles.
- Engrams that will never help you, Example: Quetzal Saddle. (lol)

It's will be esier if will be removed.

Qustion 2:

"Remote key pad"

If you can add that pin code will be also on Camp fires. it will help alot.

Question 3: 

I dont know if it's bug, but what about Wyvern landing, he never land. (maybe some times).

If can fix it.

Thank you so so much :)

1) Server Option to allow Transfers to/from all Drops including Caves and Artifacts?

2) Command/execute on starting ark: scan your steam achievements and update your local profile accordingly so one can get skins back after a reinstall of the game?

3) Will temperatures on the Island get another pass? The south feels like scorched earth sometimes, with 46°C and similar commonly seen, while some areas (near the snow biome) just change from -30°C to +36°C in a day, while the snow biome itself is at -3°C at the same time.

I play on the PS4 and transferring materials to your inventory is a pain, especially when you need a specific amount of materials to craft things.  I would like to see something where I can enter the exact number of the item I need.  For example, If i need 2450 thatch to craft a behemoth gateway and gate, i can go in to my thatch vault, highlight a stack of thatch and get an option/pop up to enter exact amount needed, i can then type in the # 2450 then transfer that exact amount of thatch to my inventory.   Any way we can make this happen?

1) Will you add the teck spinosaurus saddle into the game?

:Jerblove:

2) Will you add the triangle foundations/ceilings into the game? These innovations will allow building more interesting bases. This will allow you to build hexagonal structures. Their strength will be better. They will look better.

:Jerblove:

3) Will you turn off (or change it range) 3rd person view (I mean "K" button by default) on all PvP servers. It is worstest. That option violate (break) a lot of pvp moments. For example, you hid behind a rock or a tree and plan to catch the enemy by surprise. But the enemy presses the K button and increases the viewing range. He easily notices you. So stupid. What then is the meaning of hiding? It's not MMORPG. Here the player must use his attentiveness, hearing and hands. In ARK SoTF you turn off this option. Why you did that? Yes, becouse that will brake pvp.

:Jerbcry:

Thank you for attention!

Can we get a "fix" command used to repair any damaged gear in your inventory for single player and admins to use on unofficial servers?

Can we get a setting to invert Tek Forcefields, meaning they keep people in rather than push / keep them out? Could make for a quick battle arena or high tech prison.

Can we get a different color to highlight players and creatures with the Tek Helmet? Seeing a sea of red in large bases makes it hard to find people sometimes, and different colors for players and creatures seems like an easy fix.

Are you going to release the list of servers to be wiped? Or just say you are going to wipe  some and leave us all wondering for days? I think thats only two ?s and I get to ask three according.to op... 

Question number 3 then...Are you planning on addressing collision detection ever? Wild dinosaur attack through walls... Walk through walls.. Eggs still fall through floors.. Players get caught on dinos and objects everywhere. More realistic collisions would go a long way to up the realistic feeling of playing.this game..

So the Phoenix is coming soon and the Hive has been confirmed, what about the Lamprey that was also in the DevKit? Also, the Titanoboa, Araneomorphus, and Onychonycteris are all creatures that were either hinted in the dossiers or confirmed otherwise to become tameable eventually and all have since then been made tameable, but according to its dossier, the Megapiranha was also supposed to be tameable. Any consideration?

3 hours ago, JurassicManager said:

So the Phoenix is coming soon and the Hive has been confirmed, what about the Lamprey that was also in the DevKit? Also, the Titanoboa, Araneomorphus, and Onychonycteris are all creatures that were either hinted in the dossiers or confirmed otherwise to become tameable eventually and all have since then been made tameable, but according to its dossier, the Megapiranha was also supposed to be tameable. Any consideration?

They also talked about a titanomyrma queen. So it would be cool if they added the queen and you can tame it like the giant bees.

Would it all be possible for you to make the tek armour usable on scorched earth we spend so much time aquiring the armour an tekgrams but its near impossible to use on scorched because you constantly heat up which takes all the fun out of it with it been " tek " I think its definatley plausable that it can fully insulate you from the elements the ability to move around in sandstorms if wearing a full powered tek suit would also be pretty awesome. I am not sure if it is broke or intended but when wearing a powered suit on the island/center you get the insulation buff icon the same as you do when mounting a basilosaurus it would be great if this was applied to scorched earth too an allowed the tek armour to be used properly on all maps.

Also just a side request not too important but if you could make it so when we " hide hat " whilst wearing a tek helmet instead of actually hiding the helmet it just opened the visor like a tek dooor that would be aweessoooomeee :D

I've been looking through the forum and have not really been able to find anything official about if there will be a way to build bridges.

Will Ark implement some sort of dynamic sized bridges that enables crossing over rivers or canyons?

Will there be some sort of futuristic evolution creatures added to the game?  Something like that stealthy creature in the Primeval TV series show.  http://primeval.wikia.com/wiki/Future_Predator

56 minutes ago, wolfgreendragon said:

will the servers I have not joined after the wipe show up as only the new servers so I can expect new players to build a tribe. or is it the fact that I have been playing this game almost 3 years legacy servers will still show on the list?

Personally hoping for a filter.

I understand the changes to flyers official servers and even agree with them. Is there any chance we can get a server setting to allow us to pump movement speed again on unofficial's?

I mean with the flyer speed nerf patch we also got the Quetzel stam nerf and swim speed nerf. We have settings to undo all but the flyer speed.

Pretty please with a cherry on top and sprinkles :)

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived