ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

4 hours ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Ive never heard that.. what's your source?  Is it straight from a dev? 

No not a dev. Just a friend. So I can't say it's creditable. I had one impression. That legacy players would also get legacy rag servers and would be able to transfer to it right away. As soon as it drops. But she told me that they recently changed it. So now you would need to jump into a fresh new player island server and then transfer to rag. Meaning you would need to jump twice. But that doesn't make sense to me. What about legacy players. What about our Dino's? 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jdiaz00 said:

No not a dev. Just a friend. So I can't say it's creditable. I had one impression. That legacy players would also get legacy rag servers and would be able to transfer to it right away. As soon as it drops. But she told me that they recently changed it. So now you would need to jump into a fresh new player island server and then transfer to rag. Meaning you would need to jump twice. But that doesn't make sense to me. What about legacy players. What about our Dino's? 

Sounds like a single player thing.. legacy will get rag servers. Can't transfer anything between legacy and new..

1)Are direwolfs gonna get a better model in future?

2)Are you guys thinking about to remove wyvern and rock elemental nerfs on primitive servers  which u did like a year ago? (i mean the real primitive servers not primitive plus ones.)

because its really unbalanced even an argy can take more beating than a wyvern or rock elemental its really sad to see a tamed 230 level rock elemental getting killed by 4 wild wolfs in just couple seconds and in order to tame that rock elemental u gotta spent atleast 3000-4000 boulders to only ko it because there are no cannons on primitive servers. Both tamed wyverns and rock elementals has been a joke on primitive servers since the nerf and last question!

3)Is there gonna be any type of end game engrams that we can unlock in primitive servers when we kill game bosses? (like some high tier mediaval armor or weapons :o )

Okay... got two this week!

#1. I was also wondering if there was ever a possibility of adding split screen to unofficial servers on consoles like for single and multiplayer.  I have lots of family that would like to play, but can't afford a separate console for everyone.  

#2. Now that we know that Xbox one X is going to be freed from the tether on hosting multiplayer consoles (which is awesome by the way!), will PS4 Pro hosts get any tether relief?  I know the PS4 Pro isn't what the Xbox One X will be, but surely it is capable of at least hosing a longer tether.  I mean... the graphics are head and shoulders above the standard PS4 so I know it's got a lot more going on under the hood.  Maybe it can support a little more flexibility in that department?

Thanks!  Looking forward to the release and Ragnarock!

1st. Would be more content being added to primitive servers (not primitive+) like news items or stations upgrad maybe? (Cuz except news dinos and theirs saddles, fixs and nerfs, there's nothing new for simple primitive ppls)
2nd. What about Golems & Wyverns nerfs, u planned a reboost? (on simple primitive) (they both can be OneShotted now..)
3rd. Will you fix rain causing lags at release?

36 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Sounds like a single player thing.. legacy will get rag servers. Can't transfer anything between legacy and new..

Yea thats what I thought man. it didn't make sense to me. Lol.. but I wanted to find out because I'm planning to move as soon as it's available. And if that's the case and I can't move because there's no rag servers. That would suck. But I figured they wouldn't leave us legacy players behind  like that. 

Is there gonna be any primitive servers on final release? NOT primitive plus...

Are you going to improve or revert to a time when Wyvern and rock elemental are viable primitive servers?

Wyvern or Rock Elemental have been turned in to a worthless endeavor. Seeing they are so hard to get and tame do to the physics and Nerfs, will they be useful again considering on primitive they are some of the hardest thing to obtain?

Thanks

- Are automatic defenses going to be updated in order to have more types included with distinct functionality (ie, anti-air, anti-ground, mortar...) more examples in this post:

- Is the Island going to have a distinctive Dino as other maps has? If not, is there any possibility in making it possibly to modify the creatures that spawn naturally in it (via gameusersetting, or in game option) in order to access Griffin.

- Do you feel that an aquatic DLC with specialized equipment would help to ease the water exploration?

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work.

30 minutes ago, B52 said:

Is there gonna be any primitive servers on final release? NOT primitive plus...

Are you going to improve or revert to a time when Wyvern and rock elemental are viable primitive servers?

Wyvern or Rock Elemental have been turned in to a worthless endeavor. Seeing they are so hard to get and tame do to the physics and Nerfs, will they be useful again considering on primitive they are some of the hardest thing to obtain?

Thanks

They could definitely use some tlc, I'm cool with their damage output and the flying nerf changes,  but the 70 percent increased  damage from all sources they were nerfed with awhile back is crazy imo..

19 hours ago, AbeHikura said:

New guy here.

1- Will we ever be able to have a server setting that cuts engram resource costs? I play in a small private server and crafting costs are insane for the few of us. Currently, the only option is to ramp up the items gained from harvesting but often means 1 swing of the pick and we're over-encumbered with metal.

You can already change the costs on any and all engrams via ini. However this is a very lengthy process. It's much easier to just up harvest rates and weight multipliers. If you still want the hard way it's all on the wiki.

As i read above i completely agree for primitive.

Rock golems, Wyverns are simply terrible on primitive. Definitely need to overlook the nerfs you done to these awhile ago.

Wyverns: They are simply not used in wars, they are ONE shot by a decent giganoto if get in touch, griffin can simply kill them by diving 10times. A arrow with a good crossbow does 1k damage to it. These things take 4days to raise.. 
Definetely need to reduce the damage taken on these, make them take 30% more damage and deal original damage again to make them viable. (Wyverns are really not "OP" with griffins in the game)

Rock Golems: If you're going to buff rock golem, you need to do it with a nerf to the stone throwing ability (right click) simply because stone is the highest tier on primitive. A good golem can easy do 2k+ with a throwing rock.
Make them take 30% more damage and nerf rock throwing by 50% would be my suggestion.
(A good rock golem takes 3k boulders.. You first need to craft all these then shoot it for literally 1hour. A bred raptor would literally kill a lvl 150 tamed golem on primitive)

While im at it: Change fertilizer off plants.. Make them bigger or something.. Or allow us to make better fertilizer ! Its a tedious job if you have to refert every month THOUSANDS off plants. (Its simply a boring mechanic which people spent HOURS on)

Any chance you guys would consider adjusting baby grow rates? 28 hours is a tad crazy for a giga, tuso or mosa. Even with a larger tribe in most situations they all live in the same time zone and will have to choose one person to stay up all night with the baby. I understand the game is a "hardcore survival game" but i feel destroying someones sleep schedule (and almost completely blocking off access to a part of the game to a solo tribe) is a tad unfair. You changed the gather rate, tame rate and exp rate but the breed timers got no love. People are forced to form completely unhealthy gaming habits in order to accomplish these things.

3 hours ago, Moodaddy08 said:

I play on PS4 and have completed all achievements and explorer notes and still don't have those unlocked. As far as I know, no one has been able to unlock those skins (at least on official servers) on ps4. I've asked around on other forums and fb groups and all I've talked to have turned out the same way.

Yeah not sure for ps4 as i dont play it but there 100% out on xbox so should be on ps4 as there the same build, have you got all 3 boss dossiers?

1 hour ago, Nford said:

1. Any plans for additional static defenses?

2. Any plans to address megatribes locking down 20+ servers?

3. Any hints on how the kibble tree rework will look?

i agree with Q2.  As a recently new player ( but have owned for the game for years ) trying to get into the game on an official server sucks as they are constantly cap tamed so cant do anything but build a cool base.

Hello!

Wondering something similar to what others have posted before regarding the Collector's editions but with a twist. I have purchased and am anxiously awaiting my Xbox One CE; but currently play on PC. I ordered it on Xbox One to ensure the other items (dossier book, map, team photo etc.) but am wondering about the season's pass codes that come with it. As servers are becoming cross platform, is there a way I could use those Xbox One season's pass codes for my PC version/steam account? Want to continue playing on PC but would rather not buy the season's pass for two different consoles if they're becoming cross platform.

Thanks!

1) Are there plans to remove the floating beams from the underwater vacuum compartment when you open port holes?

I think structures+ really nailed this perfectly, however I play official and would love to be able to build an underwater tek base without a million beams everywhere.

2) Is it a possibility to get npc cavemen on official servers? They could be captured and trained for different tasks  e.g. gathering resources, offline base defence, crafting etc. Levelling them with skill points gives better quality outputs.

I feel like this would be an awesome helping hand for solo players and smaller tribes on official servers.

Hey, I was around the community for a while before making this account, and I seem to remember seeing something about other paid dlc maps coming out after full release when Scorched Earth came out. Can we have any details at all please? Like what kind of biomes there will be at least maybe? Or will we just have to wait?

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived