ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you create a 'flee' aggression status, so that if something hits your dinosaur, that it runs away, instead of standing in direct line of fire?

Possibly even a flee option after a certain percentage of health has dropped, with an additional hiding option for the purlovia too at a certain health percentage. This would also allow a dinosaur to flee, until it has regained its health, or is not being attacked, to return back to a dino it was following. 

1) Can you PLEASE turn down the volume on the animal footsteps, especially the REX or Carno.  Animal footsteps have always been over the top too loud, especially large animals like Rex, Carno, Spino, Bronto etc.  But after the 246 patch they make my ears bleed, and turning down SFX volume or other sliders to compensate pretty much mutes/muffles all the other sounds in the game.  At the very least can you expose a slider that would allow us to adjust mounted dino footstep volume ourselves leaving unmounted as is for now?  I love the ambient sounds in this game as they make it that much more immersive...that is until an over the top REX stomp totally bleeds my ears....  And after patch 256 the REX footsteps are even LOUDER!!!  Can you please look into this?  This is like the fourth time over several months I've asked/suggested this change.

2) I don't put speed on my REXes and I noticed they are much slower than before 259/260 patch. I re-read the patch notes and accordingly only the speed gained per level up should have been affected, and not the base REX speed?  It appears to me that unintentionally rex base movement speed has been negatively affected during the recent patch(es).   For example, my REX at 100% movement speed moves like he is partially encumbered after the update (with nothing in his inventory).  Could you please look at this and restore the base REX movement speed?

Can something be done about vertical cables so that assuming you put generators on every floor of a multi-floor structure it's easy to get them on the same grid? Horizontally it's easy enough, but vertically you can only put a generator every X floors because the vertical wire height is so far off from the wall height.

Also I know there's only 8 days until release.. But some TLC on the Island would be nice. Like make 'flat' spots flatter so they can actually support foundation builds, instead of having slight elevation changes that force you to do 1+ pillar high. Also the addition of some metal nodes to compete with Rag/Center would be nice.

Hey jat is there any way that you can explain the whole transfer thing from one legacy server to the new ragnarok map and Will there be legacy ragnorak servers? Can we transfer right away upon release? I heard that I would need to transfer to the island, Then ragnarok.? Is that correct? That doesn't make sense to me. 

Hey jat will you guys/girls ever redo the armors? Make them more appealing/sexy/cooler/badass/not as blocky? Like Fitted for both female and male survivors? Like Re-skin them? Because I have a cool idea. What if you make like a wardrobe that you unlock at 80+ lvl. An in the wardrobe there's skins. Not armors but skins that you can put over ur armors. Viking, knight, heavier lethear skin etc etc. and you just make them wit the respective resources? And can use like stone flint for like a necklace design in the chest skin. And then out that skin like you do the hats and on the armor. 

43 minutes ago, BigDally said:

1) Can you PLEASE turn down the volume on the animal footsteps, especially the REX or Carno.  Animal footsteps have always been over the top too loud, especially large animals like Rex, Carno, Spino, Bronto etc.  But after the 246 patch they make my ears bleed, and turning down SFX volume or other sliders to compensate pretty much mutes/muffles all the other sounds in the game.  At the very least can you expose a slider that would allow us to adjust mounted dino footstep volume ourselves leaving unmounted as is for now?  I love the ambient sounds in this game as they make it that much more immersive...that is until an over the top REX stomp totally bleeds my ears....  And after patch 256 the REX footsteps are even LOUDER!!!  Can you please look into this?  This is like the fourth time over several months I've asked/suggested this change.

2) I don't put speed on my REXes and I noticed they are much slower than before 259/260 patch. I re-read the patch notes and accordingly only the speed gained per level up should have been affected, and not the base REX speed?  It appears to me that unintentionally rex base movement speed has been negatively affected during the recent patch(es).   For example, my REX at 100% movement speed moves like he is partially encumbered after the update (with nothing in his inventory).  Could you please look at this and restore the base REX movement speed?

Rexes got a 10% speed nerf

Is it possible to make it so Rockets and C4 do ZERO damage thru the mesh?     If WC can remove damage "thru" the mesh,  it would eliminate 98% of the motivation to under the mesh a base and dinos..  foundations and pillars that stick thru the mesh should not take damage from down below it.. and splash damage should not penetrate the mesh.  If those things can be fixed,  a  huge part of cheating in ark will be removed,  imo

Sweet Veggie Cakes weigh 3 units each. 

The parts to make it weigh:

2x Honey: 0.2 

4x Sap: 1.0

2x Rockkarrot, Savorroot, Longrass: 0.6

4x Stimulant: 0.4

25 Fiber: 0.1

Total weight of ingredients: 2.3

Why does the cake weigh so much? A stack of 100 (300 weight) weighs more then a stack of 100 Obsidian (100 weight). Doesn't seem to make a lick of sense to me that a veggie cake would weigh 1 weight unit less then a metal wall. 

1. Could you give the giant hatchframes a little rework? if you snap a ladder to them you can barely get past the frame and since you cant close the trapdoor while on the ladder they are a pain to use

2. Can we have bear traps trigger when touched by a flying creature? currently the creature has to walk over them, so they are useless as flyer defense. also the griffin seems to be ignored completely, even when walking over bear traps (large and small) and with it being so fast and hard hitting with its diving-swipe it is difficult to defend against it

3. Can we have the option back to bind a key for tribe chat? it disappeared from the settings when you made the UI changes on pc.

PS: The tranq spear bolt is not craftable in primitive   bb primitive, we will always love you :Jerbcry:

5 hours ago, Jdiaz00 said:

Hey jat is there any way that you can explain the whole transfer thing from one legacy server to the new ragnarok map and Will there be legacy ragnorak servers? Can we transfer right away upon release? I heard that I would need to transfer to the island, Then ragnarok.? Is that correct? That doesn't make sense to me. 

He already said that legacy would get rag servers.. 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived