NPC/Thralls Ark mod/Addon?

Scratches69096

hey everyone,

Just thought i would voice my opinion on something as everyone has been saying its not possible or practical in some of the other forums i have been reading about NPC humans in Ark. I personally think this is a great idea, i have currently been playing Conan Exiles and the Thrall ability is amazing ( even though game still in development). This total makes sense to be brought into Ark though mod or other wise, having NPC gaurd your base/castles against raging dinos or even as a offline protection system makes the game that interesting, there are already perfect spots the have NPC camps so you can capture and "tame" them to be your thralls/allies and having class specific NPC would be handy too i.e. Ranged NPC would use bow, cross bow or rifles/pistols, Fighters can use axes, pikes and swords and then have cooks  for cooking your food quicker, smithies for your furnace or blacksmith table etc to make them quicker and things like turret operators that can use the Ballistas and catapults to defend your base form incoming attackers. I personally think this would make the game twice as interesting and challenging for all players, even if you have hunter and gathers that you can send on "quests" to collect certain items or have a hunting party to join you while you go get some food or gather metal etc would be highly beneficial to new players. Like i said before, I know there are people saying it isn't possible for it to happen, but if Conan Exiles can have something like it why can't Ark? can already tame, why not tame people to help you harvest those dino eggs, cropps and poop you have to come back and collect every now and then. I dont know much about the dynamics of the game and how hard it would be to do all this but  would be a good addition to the game if you ask me, as it gets boring walking around empty forts that have been cleared of vegitation and Dinos.

Anyway just my thoughts and was wondering if any modders would be interested in taking up the challenge, leave me feed back will be happy to give some more imput on how things could work.. cheers guys

• 4 weeks later...

Archived