Single Player Manticore, no timer - change or bug?

BrankMeister

Yesterday (20th Aug 2017) I went in to confront the Alpha Manticore to see how hard it really was in Single Player. I brought 7 low level Wyverns, a Yutyrannus and a Daedon fully expecting not to come back.

I was surprised to observe that:

• There was no timer during the boss fight. It ended in me running out of ammo and rockets and just giving up (100k health left on the beast)
  • My dinos got knocked out regularly but only 1 of them was actually killed by the Manticore. The others by death worms when KO on the ground
  • All Dinos woke up several times to have another go
  • When I cheated 'KILL' 4 of my dinos made it back with me; 3 of them were still knocked out and took a few minutes to wake up!
  • I was sitting on the Daedon most of the time and the Manticore could not, or would not hit me (good old piggy!)
  • Primitive equipment: 1 rocket 600HP off, 1 sniper bullet 100HP, 1 assault rifle 20HP

So my questions:

• Is the lack of a timer intentional for Single Player now? This means that with enough ammo the boss becomes very feasible (a LOT of ammo)
  • Unconscious dinos used to get killed, is this a change for SP, or is this for MP as well?
  • I read that Wyverns couldn't go into the Manticore arena any more; is that a difference between SP and MP?

I had fun with this and under these conditions I think I could stand a chance to actually beat the beast with a better set of dinos, the timer was always my main concern when going at it solo.

Archived